Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2010   #1
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Amobi Akoye Looking Good!

Amobi Okoye looked great against the Colts today. Apparently drafting Earl Mitchell to compete with him has really helped to motivate the young man. Personally, it was always my sense that the criticism of Okoye by many posters on this board was way overdone. He has not played badly the last few years. However, he really did has not a lot to distinguish himself at the position, as he did against the Colts today.

To be fair, the Colts have a depleted offensive line. So, it will be important to see if Okoye can keep it up against teams that have a more solid front five. But I do not see how anyone who watched the Texans play the Colts today can fail to be encouraged about the play of Amobi Okoye. I hope that we can at least put the "trade or cut Amobi Okoye" talk on hold until we can see if he keeps it up in the weeks to come.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #2
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Amobi Akoye Looking Good!

I'm one of his biggest nasayers and I have to admit, he looked pretty darn good. Always seemed to be around the ball.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #3
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I'm one of his biggest nasayers and I have to admit, he looked pretty darn good. Always seemed to be around the ball.
I counted at least 8-10 times Okoye had penetrated and was in the backfield. Hell one time he timed the snap perfect and almost got Manning...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's put two games together first. He's gonna have a pretty good test over the next two weeks.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe, just maybe the kid is starting to come around. I need to see him have a few more good games before I jump on the bandwagon. He did have a hell of a game today though.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #6
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

He is still a "Kid"..

He can only get better... and then with the rest of the Defensive Rush....

BAMM!

(on every QB)
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #7
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Maybe, just maybe the kid is starting to come around. I need to see him have a few more good games before I jump on the bandwagon. He did have a hell of a game today though.
I'm with ya there, I really, really hope he keeps it up.
If so our D will mutilate everyone.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2010   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I counted at least 8-10 times Okoye had penetrated and was in the backfield. Hell one time he timed the snap perfect and almost got Manning...
Yeah, my wife was all "Oh noes! He's teh offsides!" And I ran it back and we looked at it and it was just insanely perfect timing.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never been down on him and never understood the bust talk. I think he has gotten better evry year . He hasn't been lights out but imo he was nevr a bust
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Amobi Okoye looked great

Albeit a bit limited on snaps
He played very well and was disrupting the line
Very impressed and hadn't seen a thread on em yet
Go texans
Old 09-13-2010   #11
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Amobi Okoye looked great

There was a thread yesterday, but he deserves 2
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Missed this and was asking for info on a new thread. I could not seen game wel due to outside small screen. Anyone's notes would be helpful
Old 09-13-2010   #13
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90373 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing like comming on at the 1tth hour of the bust watch.

Hopefully he keeps it up and this isn't his required one good game of the year.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #14
digitalswim
Sleepwalker

Rep Power: 1590 digitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't this a contract year for him?
digitalswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #15
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I don't think so. As a first round pick I'd assume he has at least 2 more years on his contract
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #16
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny that a first round pick can still be unknown to the point that people don't know how to spell his name. Time for a great SEASON instead of a great GAME.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalswim View Post
Isn't this a contract year for him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I don't think so. As a first round pick I'd assume he has at least 2 more years on his contract
His contract runs through 2012 (with a '12 being voidable). There is absolutely no reason to release Amobi though unless he's playing pathetically terrible. I don't see that's the case at all. He makes minimal salary each year and his contract was substantially all guaranteed.

He's been showing improvement each of the last several years. If he ends up maxing out how we see him, he's still better than any back up you could get and you wouldn't be wasting any money by keeping him. I see him on the Texans roster through 2011 at least.

EDIT - He's due a 5th year escalator of $2.2M in his 5th year (2011). But that would virtually take care of his "entire contract". 6 year 15.4M with 12.785M guaranteed. $2.3M can be earned through incentives including a 5th year escalator of $2.2M. Base Salary for 2010 and 2011 are $765K and $850K, respectively. 2012 salary is $665K which is a voidable year.

So if you keep him for next season, it's almost a lock you keep him for 2012. I can't see us re-leasing him at all though. He's not near as bad as some people make him out to be.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=nfl&id=4174
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #18
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11687 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

The entire defensive line played great yesterday. The 2 sacks didn't tell the whole story because they harassed and pressured Manning more than any Texan team in the previous 15 games. The yardage given up is decieving in how well they played as a unit yesterday.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Nothing like comming on at the 1tth hour of the bust watch.

Hopefully he keeps it up and this isn't his required one good game of the year.
If you watched him play Nov 29th last year, he had just as solid a game. He's been far from a bust, IMHO.

About him losing weight, I remember in the off-season, he & Antonio Smith were talking about being so close, so many times, and not being able to finish. I imagine he felt losing the extra weight he put on would help.
Old 09-14-2010   #20
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

TK is right
Okoye did begin showing a pulse last year
Maybe the light turned on for the guy

But I liked that they were mixing in some of mitchum

Err Mitchell....damn you Steve jobs

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read