Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2010   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I'm EXCITED that we beat the Colts, but our defense....damn.

We gave up 463 net yards (433 passing), 3 TDs, and 7 penalties!

Dang, Frank Bush, better get your mistakes fixed quick!

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm EXCITED that we beat the Colts, but our defense....damn.

We were playing Manning, so I'll cut them some slack. Now, if this trend continues through Washington and Dallas, then I'm gonna have a problem with that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #3
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post

When you are aggressive like that, you will have penalties...

It was Peyton Manning that got that yardage. Had it been Mark Sanchez, I would be worried....

Frank Bush doesn't coach the secondary, David Gibbs does...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #4
Cush
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160 Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respected

Enjoy the win and give the young DBs some slack. The defense held their own today and gave the offense a chance to win the game.

If they can do that every week, we are in good shape no matter how many yards we give up.
Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Jesus, how many people just didn't notice Manning passed 60 times? THESE STATS ARE INFLATED.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #6
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
When you are playing the Colts, you will have penalties...

It was Peyton Manning that got that yardage. Had it been Mark Sanchez, I would be worried....

Frank Bush doesn't coach the secondary, David Gibbs does...
fify
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a bad thread.

Stats do not tell the whole story.

We beat the Steelers, at their place, with no offense at all. All TDs off of defensive plays. Fluke defensive plays.

We made the Colts one-dimensional today. When you eat the clock, like we did, and make the Colts pass on every play to try and catch up, it takes its toll on them. Then our offense comes out and goes on long long drives that rests our defensive players enough that they can come out and withstand Manning's passing attack.

We did this without Barwin and without Cushing.

Had Foster and the OL not shown up today, we don't win the game.

This was the FIRST time I have seen this team's offense AND defense play at the same elevated level for a whole game. It was a first. Now we know, and THEY know, as well, that they can do it.

What a wild, wild scene. Now the question is this: Can they keep up the same level of play and same pace all season long? Can we avoid injuries? Will there come a let-down game and possibly residue off that let-down game that leads to a losing streak?

I don't worry about Manning's yards today. I worry about the upcoming games. Can we get to 4-0 and then get Cushing back? Because when Cushing comes back, the league is going to have to play Texans games at midnight because of the degree of violence on the TV.
Old 09-12-2010   #8
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

The same defense we played today against just about any other QB and we probably have 5+ sacks and give up around 10 points. Oh and we get some pretty good LB back in just 3 short weeks. Geeze.
Old 09-12-2010   #9
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton was making throws NO other QB would have made. That
slant to Collie on that last touchdown was magic. I ain't worried
about the defense, YET. ONLY Peyton can make those kinds of
throws with 4 or 5 guys in his face on every snap.
Old 09-12-2010   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Garbage time stats, bro.

Well most of the end wasn't really garbage time, but we completely went in "bend but don't break" mode, and let manning nickel and dime his way to two scores, which is i think what we wanted, to take time off the clock and make them work for it.

Our defense had an outstanding first half and held them off enough in the second to win the game, so i'm fine with it. We had a good pass rush and our secondary will keep improving.
Old 09-12-2010   #11
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
How about the TD to Wayne,? that was a Hall of Fame throw and catch. Pollard had Wayne covered and Manning threw it behind Pollard and Wayne and Wayne adjusted...

Only Manning....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Yeah, it was like the zombie movies where there's a horde of zombies and you don't know how the good guys keep getting out of jam after jam.

He had a horde of pissed off Texans in his face all day long. And he still managed to keep his cool and get passes off.

60 attempts and 400 yards is like 6.66 yards per pass. Ooooh! 666! An appropriate number for Manning.

6.5 yards per pass. That's a dink pass and fairly immediate tackle by a LB or DB. And then there's the freakish, we-don't-care-go-ahead-and-score TD at the end of the game. Remove the yards from that one play, and it's even worse.

Manning was hounded and attacked all day long. He doesn't like us.
Old 09-12-2010   #13
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5919 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

No other QB in the league could put up the kind of numbers Peyton did with that kind of pass rush and with Mario harassing him and hitting him all day.

Peyton was Peyton and he's going to get his yards, but aside from that the Texans thoroughly whipped the Colts in just about all phases of the game.

And the Texans have 14 of their final 15 games against teams with QBs not named Peyton Manning, so if they can keep generating that kind of heat on the QB I'm not feeling bad about the pass defense overall. Not at all; to the contrary, in fact.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #14
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36745 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Bad thread. Might as well call for Leinart since Schaub only had 107 yards and a 60 something passer rating.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I enjoy the win........but there's no way around this,

Kareem Jackson played like crap today. (that is my only downer in this game)

He needs to get better and since he's a rookie, I'm sure he will......but damn, he played like hot garbage today. (He looked lost on several plays)
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Jesus, how many people just didn't notice Manning passed 60 times? THESE STATS ARE INFLATED.
Yeah, people see 400 yards and assume our guys didn't take the field. The D played ALOT better than the stats show. The DB's need a little time to get their legs, but not all together bad.
Old 09-12-2010   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114151 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post

I'm with you. Y'all best believe that the weaknesses Manning exposed today are on film and that film on our DBs will be required learning for all upcoming teams.
Old 09-12-2010   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Garbage time stats, bro.

Well most of the end wasn't really garbage time, but we completely went in "bend but don't break" mode, and let manning nickel and dime his way to two scores, which is i think what we wanted, to take time off the clock and make them work for it.

Our defense had an outstanding first half and held them off enough in the second to win the game, so i'm fine with it. We had a good pass rush and our secondary will keep improving.
Matt doesn't throw the pick, the score could have been 13-3 or worse at the half. D played its ass off.
Old 09-12-2010   #19
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are an offense oriented football team. Anything good you get from the defense is just gravy on your touchdown steak.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #20
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114151 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Bad thread. Might as well call for Leinart since Schaub only had 107 yards and a 60 something passer rating.
...well... now that you mention it....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read