Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2010   #1
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Post Game

some thoughts ...

i dont think kubiak will ever get enough credit for play design (different from play calling). for those with the game on DVR, go back and watch the offensive plays from a creation standpoint. watch the routes and how they synchronize, how each block is almost a mathematical formula, and how extremely complex plays are created with very simple individual movements.

chris myers wasnt blocking at the second level on many or most plays! it's about friggin time that he played as an offensive lineman instead of hunting safeties and linebackers.

leach is something out of a nightmare, no news here. vonta was absolutely crushing folks, to the point that defenders were quite literally getting out of his way in the 4th quarter (wouldnt you?)

mario hits peyton. mario hits peyton. mario sacks peyton. mario hits peyton. mario hits peyton. mario sacks peyton. mario hits peyton. mario hits peyton.
Old 09-12-2010   #2
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5919 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post Game

Peyton's going to be seeing visions of #90 coming at him in his dreams for a while.

And the Colts defense is going to have similar nightmares about seeing the backside of #23 running away from them.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #3
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18708 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

There was a stat during the game than Mario has more sacks against Peyton than any other player.
Old 09-12-2010   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
vonta was absolutely crushing folks, to the point that defenders were quite literally getting out of his way in the 4th quarter (wouldnt you?)
No, I'd fall down and hope he didn't step on me.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #5
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 116198 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a bit uncomfortable with our passing defense today. Yeah, we won but Manning still torched us for over 400 yds and three TDs. Am I the only one bothered by this??

Still, I'll take the win.

now if I can just get a couple of TDs out of Aaron Rodgers
Old 09-12-2010   #6
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm a bit uncomfortable with our passing defense today. Yeah, we won but Manning still torched us for over 400 yds and three TDs. Am I the only one bothered by this??

You shouldn't be concerned until it's Jason Cambell torching the Texans for 400+ or worse David Garrard or VY...

Manning does that to alot of secondaries...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #7
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 18345 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Almost 60 attempts.

If its a usual 30 attempt from a QB game, he has 200 yards, and a touchdown and a half.
Old 09-12-2010   #8
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 61157 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Almost 60 attempts.

If its a usual 30 attempt from a QB game, he has 200 yards, and a touchdown and a half.
Isnt half a touchdown a field goal?
Old 09-12-2010   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

if manning had thrown the ball 30 times, yeah i'd be worried. if he'd thrown 45 times i'd be hesitant. if peyton manning (best qb ever) throws 60 times and those are his stats? not at all concerned.
Old 09-12-2010   #10
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14625 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if manning had thrown the ball 30 times, yeah i'd be worried. if he'd thrown 45 times i'd be hesitant. if peyton manning (best qb ever) throws 60 times and those are his stats? not at all concerned.
I agree 100%. I'm not concerned at all-we only play a QB of his caliber one more time.
The kids did a really good job today!!

Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #11
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 18345 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Isnt half a touchdown a field goal?
I'm not sure that Peyton is much good at kicking those

So, on the assumption that he missed it, its only one touchdown then!
Old 09-12-2010   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He was behind the entire day. Plus 70+ of those were in garbage time!
Old 09-12-2010   #13
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 61157 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
He was behind the entire day. Plus 70+ of those were in garbage time!
There is no garbage time with Peyton
Old 09-12-2010   #14
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 116198 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But don't you see, he was playing from behind the whole second half. He HAD TO THROW. Still we only sacked him twice (yeah, yeah, 3-step drops, I know) and we couldn't pick him off. If we see those routes all day long - 60 attempts you say - and we still didn't learn enough to anticipate them and jump them for an INT...?? Color me concerned.
Old 09-12-2010   #15
Scooter
Funky

how about that 34 defense? the first time i saw it with mario standing up, i was thinking "wtf are we doing?". mario looked REAL good as a standup pass rusher and was able to make much cleaner moves. i want to say that was his first sack - with smith coming in from the 34 LDE position at the same time. dont look now, but kubiak's insistance on versatility is starting to show on defense as well - mario is going to raise some serious cain if he's given that kind of freedom against teams that dont have peyton manning.

i'm also done listening to amobi bust talk. our 22 year old veteran looks just fine to me, and slowly but surely continues to get better each game.
Old 09-12-2010   #16
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Also remember he got 80 yards on that 1 play from a blown play by our D.

We shutdown the Colts run, and let Manning do what he does best. In the end though, Manning was shaken up on a lot of plays. I'll take that with the way our offense played any day of the week. It doesn't matter if he throws for 700 yards, if they can't score more than we do.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #17
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But don't you see, he was playing from behind the whole second half. He HAD TO THROW. Still we only sacked him twice (yeah, yeah, 3-step drops, I know) and we couldn't pick him off. If we see those routes all day long - 60 attempts you say - and we still didn't learn enough to anticipate them and jump them for an INT...?? Color me concerned.
ok your colored but you are wasting paint...

You don't EVER anticipate Peyton Manning. EVER! You do and he just beat you for 6. How long have you been watching the Texans vs Colts? You keep everyone in front of you and cut the YAC down.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #18
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
ok your colored but you are wasting paint...

You don't EVER anticipate Peyton Manning. EVER! You do and he just beat you for 6. How long have you been watching the Texans vs Colts? You keep everyone in front of you and cut the YAC down.
Sure you can. I did it for six in the Super Bowl.

Signed, Tracy Porter, RCB, New Orleans Saints.
Old 09-12-2010   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we can beat the Colts without even using our also-scary-pass-offense, I'm not worried about any part of this team.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
There is no garbage time with Peyton
When you're up by 17 with less than a minute 45 to go and the other team has no time outs, yeah, thats garbage time. Peyton or no peyton. They would have required 2 sequential onside kicks to win

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read