Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Make the call to Schobel

mikey21

Lifer
I hate seeing a major injury to any player, but I felt even worse when I saw it was Barwin, I have always been in that kids corner. With that being said, the Texans have to make the call to Aaron Schobel and do what ever needs to be done to get him out of retirement

GP

Go Texans!
Probably end up bringing Sheppard up from the PS.

Just have a feeling the Schobel thingy is really for real a closed case.

Miggsy

Tyrone Biggums
I agree pay the man whatever it takes. Our pass rush looks good but it could be naasssttyyy

Miggsy

Tyrone Biggums
Probably end up bringing Sheppard up from the PS.

Just have a feeling the Schobel thingy is really for real a closed case.
I hope you're wrong. I've got a good feeling about the situation. Seems like a perfect scenario for a guy like him to step into and you know he was watching that game and thinking things over.

GP

Go Texans!
I hope you're wrong. I've got a good feeling about the situation. Seems like a perfect scenario for a guy like him to step into and you know he was watching that game and thinking things over.
Just not in McNair's blood to throw out $8 million right now.

I hope I am wrong, though.

Have a feeling we'll just play with the ones we got already. And that means Sheppard. Hell, we might bring back DelJuan Robinson unless he burned some bridges and can't come back.

Miggsy

Tyrone Biggums
Just not in McNair's blood to throw out $8 million right now.

I hope I am wrong, though.

Have a feeling we'll just play with the ones we got already. And that means Sheppard. Hell, we might bring back DelJuan Robinson unless he burned some bridges and can't come back.
Normally I would agree with your thoughts on McNair but after a curb stomping like that I would hope he would be more inclined to throw in all his chips for a good strong run this year.

Unless that just confirmed to him that we don't need him... Which would be a poor attitude to have.

Guess we'll find out soon enough what kind of owner he is.

Normally I would agree with your thoughts on McNair but after a curb stomping like that I would hope he would be more inclined to throw in all his chips for a good strong run this year.

Unless that just confirmed to him that we don't need him... Which would be a poor attitude to have.

Guess we'll find out soon enough what kind of owner he is.
Agreed, after seeing this team in action he has to know its a playoff contender. Up the offer by 1-2 mil or w/e he wants and get us in the dance. Hopefully Aaron isn't 100% retired though, nothing Mr. McNair could do if that was the case.

PockyAF

Waterboy
I just hope that McNair, after watching our team beatdown the Colts, will be filled with the fervency of jubilation that he will try everything he can to make sure we're still on track to make the playoffs.

What I mean is that he should overlook the money issue, on this uncapped season, and pay Schobel what is reasonable to get him out of retirement and fill the hole that Barwin left behind. Either way, I hope Barwin won't be out the whole season.

Miggsy

Tyrone Biggums
Agreed, after seeing this team in action he has to know its a playoff contender. Up the offer by 1-2 mil or w/e he wants and get us in the dance. Hopefully Aaron isn't 100% retired though, nothing Mr. McNair could do if that was the case.
I'm pretty sure if the right money was on the table he wouldn't turn it down. Especially when it's coming from a team that looked like that against a Super Bowl contender.