Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2010   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Barwin's Injury

It doesn't look good from what I saw on TV. I am guessing he'll be on IR. Sucks.
Old 09-12-2010   #2
Texan_in_KS
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Texan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden coverTexan_in_KS could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Barwin's Injury

Time to pay Aaron Schobel the money
Texan_in_KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably a torn ligament. Gonna be a long recovery.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

It was reported already on Roto that his season is most likely done.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_in_KS View Post
Time to pay Aaron Schobel the money
I would respect McNair if he would ring up Schobel and say "OK, you got it. Whatever you want. Seriously. What's your price? You don't want to be coached? Fine. Just suit up and play. Just play."
Old 09-12-2010   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 219123 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

It looked like he had an air cast placed. Makes me think of a fracture, with or without knee ligament damage. We'll have to wait and see
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #7
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

"Paging Mr Schobel...phone call, sir.....it's a Mr. Smith on the line..I'll patch you through...."
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2010   #8
Tonaaayyyy
Rookie

Rep Power: 130 Tonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respected

My friend says Its an ankle injury, won't get MRI til after the game?
Tonaaayyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 219123 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonaaayyyy View Post
My friend says Its an ankle injury, won't get MRI til after the game?
That's what Tate with his fracture should have had on while being carted off.

The knee isn't supported by the aircast, therefore whatever the injury, it's below the knee.
Old 09-12-2010   #10
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Disocated ankle according to Kubiak. Not listening but also said done for the year.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #11
mikey21
Lifer

Rep Power: 10 mikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotmikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Make the call to Schobel
Old 09-12-2010   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It looked like he had an air cast placed. Makes me think of a fracture, with or without knee ligament damage. We'll have to wait and see
My first thought was an ankle. The right foot was pointed to far to his right...and I can't remember the medical term for the direction it was pointed.

But is too far to the right. I can't imagine the pain.
Old 09-12-2010   #13
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

this makes me so sad. devastating. he would have had an incredible season.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
My first thought was an ankle. The right foot was pointed to far to his right...and I can't remember the medical term for the direction it was pointed.

But is too far to the right. I can't imagine the pain.
I think you're talking about "eversion" of the foot. Looks like similar injury to Tate. I got called away, so I wasn't able to see much at the time of injury.
Old 09-12-2010   #15
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

You could tell immediately that it was really bad, as about a second after he hit the ground he slammed his fist as if he knew. Our last 2 second round picks are cursed!

But yea Barwin is a huge piece of our D-line and we came out with these exotic looks with our front 4 that had them constantly moving around not only along the line but also dropping back to where our LB's were. Barwin's versatility allowed us to do this and once he went out, dead weight Shaun Cody got inserted and whenever he was in all we could do was just straight line up.

And if it is really bad, luckily for him and terrible for us he could have up to 2 years to recover due to the potential lockout

Last edited by The Cush; 09-12-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Overexcited Poster Syndrome
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #16
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

What I'm reading here is actually a relief. When I saw the injury, I was certain that ligaments in his knee got shredded. I'll take a bone fracture over a ligament tear any day when it comes to long term durability.

And I was so ready to see him be a holy terror on QB's this year. I hope Smith was on the phone with Schobel within five minutes.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I read somewhere that it was a dislocated ankle and he would be gone from 4-8 weeks. Any truth to that?
Old 09-12-2010   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I read somewhere that it was a dislocated ankle and he would be gone from 4-8 weeks. Any truth to that?
Just my thinking on it: Even if he was "back" after 8-weeks, is it going to be well enough to let him take the field for the remainder of the season?

Might as well stash him on I.R. and bring up another player from the PS. Then sign another player to the PS in that guy's spot.

It feels like, to me, it would be more valuable to I.R. him.
Old 09-12-2010   #19
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

RT @McClain_on_NFL Texans DE Connor Barwin is out for the year with a fractured right ankle.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #20
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
RT @McClain_on_NFL Texans DE Connor Barwin is out for the year with a fractured right ankle.
Maybe he and Tate and push each other in rehab, should be on a pretty close timetable. Sucks for this year but thats two talented players we get back next season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read