Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2010   #1
ToxicButt
Rookie

Rep Power: 140 ToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My Game Plan vs Indy

On offense, play fast and aggressive.

1. Come out firing to get Schaub in a rhythm. Get AJ and OD involved in the first few plays.

2. Run off tackle, right at Freeney or Mathis. Our guard/tackle combos provided nice running lanes for Foster, and he has good vision to take it outside or cut it back inside. Repeat frequently. Get Casey involved to crack block on Freeney and Mathis.

3. Once you have Foster going, hit them with 3 WR's to spread'em out further. Gouge them with runs and hit em with play action, Jacoby or AJ deep.

4. Schaub cannot underthrow open receivers. Long gainers need to be TD's.

On Defense

1. Begin with Base Defense. See if the front 4 can take advantage of Indy's weakened line. Run our 3rd down line of Barwin/Smith/Okoye or Mitchell/Mario to get penetration. Interior pressure is a must. Let the LB's take care of Addai.

2. Mix of man and tampa 2 to give Peyton different looks.

3. Be willing to risk giving up a big play on 3rd down. Do not provide an easy cushion to allow Manning to move the chains. Be willing to play press coverage with some help up top. Be willing to jump a route. The defense will gain confidence if we can get off the field on 3rd and mid/long situations.
ToxicButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010   #2
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Game Plan vs Indy

I agree with most of this as it is something similar I would think of, but I would like to see the Texans to come out rushing the quarterback. The key is not letting Peyton get in to a comfort zone. Something we have never really been able to get him out of. He feels at home playing the Texans, it is about time we change that. I would like to see our corners play for the picks tomorrow and people need to keep an eye on Antonio Smith. That man is the key to our DLine. The man in underrated.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010   #3
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

My game plan is to score more than the other team.

Old 09-10-2010   #4
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

My game plan is:

1. To make sure the phones are silent

2. The TV is working correctly

3. There is a freah pot of coffee

4. That I have nothing else that I have to do but sit on the couch and scream at the plays.
Old 09-10-2010   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 296273 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
My game plan is:

4. That I have nothing else that I have to do but sit on the couch and scream at the plays.
Now this is a game plan I can get into.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
My game plan is:

Sounds kind of like mine:

-Wake up at 6

-Get the grill going - Ribs, New York Strip, with some tater salad, and baked beans on the side

-Ice down some beer

-Wait for the football watching crew to show up

-Texans football.

As to the OP, sounds good. I want the Texans to get to the forehead early, and often. Blitz the hell out him, but not to the point of completely selling out, and giving up too many big plays.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010   #7
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Mine is to show up in the middle of the first quarter wearing Blue or Red and yell all game !!

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2010   #8
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Sounds kind of like mine:

-Wake up at 6

-Get the grill going - Ribs, New York Strip, with some tater salad, and baked beans on the side

-Ice down some beer

-Wait for the football watching crew to show up

-Texans football.

As to the OP, sounds good. I want the Texans to get to the forehead early, and often. Blitz the hell out him, but not to the point of completely selling out, and giving up too many big plays.
What would that address be again...? Your place is the place to be my brotha!
Old 09-10-2010   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: My Game Plan vs Indy
Is to make it through the game without heart failure. *reminder to take morning BP pill*
Old 09-10-2010   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 296273 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Is to make it through the game without heart failure. *reminder to take morning BP pill*

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

My game plan?

Eat some horse meat. Drink me some alchohol. And finally, punch Peyton Manning in his junk!!!

OH yeah, thanks HOU-TEX for the BP medicine reminder!!
Old 09-10-2010   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
My game plan?

Eat some horse meat. Drink me some alchohol. And finally, punch Peyton Manning in his junk!!!

Will you be running out on the field to do this? Maybe when he's doing all his convulsing right before the snap?
Old 09-10-2010   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

My plan is to get as un-sober as possible in order to possibly blackout anything I don't want to remember.
Old 09-10-2010   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Will you be running out on the field to do this? Maybe when he's doing all his convulsing right before the snap?
That might be the ticket!! While he's standing around and shouting BS while looking like he's convulsing, I jump the wall, run up to him and POW, a blast to his package!! Nice....

Who's got my bail money ready??

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
My plan is to get as un-sober as possible in order to possibly blackout anything I don't want to remember.
This has been my weekly game plan since August of 2002.
Old 09-10-2010   #15
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: My Game Plan vs Indy

Here's what I think the Texans need to do in order to win the game (common sense stuff mostly)

On offense...

A.) Protect the football and avoid turnovers

B.) Pound the ball as the Colts have been know to have a weak run defense

C.) Play action, use it as often as possible

D.) Target everyone instead of relying on AJ and KW the whole time, get our TEs involved as much as possible.

On defense...

A.) Take advantage of the offensive line woes

B.) BLITZ, BLITZ, AND BLITZ SOME MO'

C.) Put Manning on his butt

For fans...

Bust out some vuvuzelas when Manning & Co. are on offense but be dead quiet when we're on offense!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
That might be the ticket!! While he's standing around and shouting BS while looking like he's convulsing, I jump the wall, run up to him and POW, a blast to his package!! Nice....

Who's got my bail money ready??
That'd be sweet. I'm sure we could pass around a donation bucket for your bail
Old 09-10-2010   #17
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Texan_Bill;1516501]That might be the ticket!! While he's standing around and shouting BS while looking like he's convulsing, I jump the wall, run up to him and POW, a blast to his package!! Nice....

Who's got my bail money ready??[quote]

Reminds me of the movie Idiocracy when the star of "oww my balls" sings the National Anthem on Monday Night Rehabilitation, a guy runs out of the stands and kicks him right in the junk.

Quote fail
Old 09-10-2010   #18
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

My game plan is to get a few beers in me, then hope and pray that one of the local stations picks up the Texans game. If not, then I will pick up an on-line feed and watch on my computer. Go Texans!
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010   #19
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My game plan?

I will donate to your bail money as long as you punch him before the game.

Old 09-10-2010   #20
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Reminds me of the movie Idiocracy when the star of "oww my balls" sings the National Anthem on Monday Night Rehabilitation, a guy runs out of the stands and kicks him right in the junk.

Quote fail
yes! i loved that part lol. seeing bill run onto the field and punt manning in the junk would make that the greatest day in the history of EVER. my gameplan is to hope my hangover's gone before kickoff, pour several bourbons either way, and yell obscenities at the TV until the texans win.

dc quoting skills -

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read