Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Ambush

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
After seeing how Indy lossed that Super Bowl with a courageous move like the onside kick known as Ambush, what does everyone think about us opening the second half like that if we don't get the ball in the second half.

Here's what I think:

1. You are 1-15 against this team. Time to pull out all the stops.
2. This could deflate the pride of Indy since it happened a second time.
3. If you lose because of this, at least you lossed trying to win rather than lose trying not to lose.
4. Momentum shifter.
5. It's the first game of the season, you should be able to make up for it.

Hate to do it... but........lost

And I dunno about trickery.....It's a risk, but it could pay off...

That play worked only because the Colts were caught completely off-gaurd. Even though it was 7 months ago, it happened in thier last game. I just don't think they would be fooled twice in consecutive games with the same play. Not saying it wouldn't work just that all element of suprise would be taken out of the equation. IMO.

How about we just blow them away and not worry about an onside kick?

Yup. I like the idea of our Defensive Line pressuring the hell out of Peyton. I also like our Offensive Line winning their battles letting Foster have a record rushing day and Schaubo to throw the occasional big time play to AJ and Jacoby. 3 TDs 0 Ints for Schaub. 150+ yards rushing and 2 TDs for Foster. 2 Sacks for Mario, 1 for Barwin and 1 for Amobi. 1 Interception returned for a TD for Kareem. 1 FG for Rackers

45 - 17 Texans in an epic blowout.

EDIT - Quoted post fixed :)

Last edited:
Yup. I like the idea of our Defensive Line pressuring the hell out of Peyton. I also like our Offensive Line winning their battles letting Foster have a record rushing day and Schaubo to throw the occasional big time play to AJ and Jacoby. 3 TDs 0 Ints for Schaub. 150+ yards rushing and 2 TDs for Foster. 2 Sacks for Mario, 1 for Barwin and 1 for Amobi. 1 Interception returned for a TD for Kareem. 1 FG for Rackers

45 - 17 Texans in an epic blowout.

EDIT - Quoted post fixed :)

I'm for this!!

Let's call them and make sure they know the new game plan.

:fans:

My concern is the Texans will come out so super high in first quarter they will make stupid mistakes and start thinking "here we go again".

After seeing how Indy lossed that Super Bowl with a courageous move like the onside kick known as Ambush, what does everyone think about us opening the second half like that if we don't get the ball in the second half.

Here's what I think:

1. You are 1-15 against this team. Time to pull out all the stops.
2. This could deflate the pride of Indy since it happened a second time.
3. If you lose because of this, at least you lossed trying to win rather than lose trying not to lose.
4. Momentum shifter.
5. It's the first game of the season, you should be able to make up for it.

I say we should start teaching Arian and Steve to throw the ball.

1. We are 1-15.
2. Nobody will expect us to do a HB pass.
3. If you lose, you can't blame Schaub, you took the ball out of his hands.
4. If we're ahead it will definitely be a big momentum shifter.
5. Chris Brown is not on the team.

Mike

I forget who it was, but someone suggested running on the field to punch Manning in the junk!!!! I support this and will donate money towards a bail bond!!

Back