Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2010   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kuharsky Blog 9-9-2010: Kubiak Talks About OD's Snap Count for Colts

Kuharsky blogs on Owen Daniels, Kubiak reveals quasi-plan for how many snaps Daniels will play vs. Colts in Texans home opener:

Quote:
Owen Daniels could be a huge key for the Texans against the Colts at Reliant Stadium on Sunday.

But how much will he play? Hes coming off of an ACL repair, the third of his football career, and he didnt play in a preseason game.

Gary Kubiak wants to be cautious, but he could be persuaded to let Daniels play more than the team is planning.

Its easy for me to tell you all 20-25 plays, Kubiak told the Texans media. Im feeling good about that right now. Ill listen to him, is what Ill do. Hes going to play a quarter of the snaps I would say, or a third of the snaps. If he tells me he feels good then I may let him go. Ill see how hell respond to this weeks work ...

Let me see how he feels. I want to do whatever is comfortable for him. I dont want the pressure on OD. To me, the pressure is on us to bring him back the right way.

In the flow of a game, it could be hard to compute the right way if Daniels is effective and helping the cause.

Receiver Kevin Walter has big expectations for Daniels' first game since Nov. 1, 2009.

It feels like hes been practicing the whole camp, Walter said. Hes not missing a beat. Hes out there running great routes. Hes in great shape and hes going to help us out big time on Sunday.

Outside of how the knee handles the work, speed is the question to me. Daniels at his best runs very well. If he doesnt run as well, does he remain as dangerous?

Peyton Manning certainly expects him to be.

Im really happy to hear that he has rehabbed. Im sure our defense isn't all that happy out there playing because what a weapon he is, but it's credit to him for rehabbing and getting back, Manning said in a conference call with the Houston media.

There are a lot of similarities to Dallas Clark in the fact that hes very versatile. Hes a guy that you have matchup problems with. Do you put a linebacker or a defensive back on him? Hes got great speed. He's a heck of a guy too and glad to see him back healthy.

When Daniels is out of the game, whether its Joel Dreessen or James Casey in his place, the Texans need to keep that guy involved.
Old 09-09-2010   #2
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 323 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kuharsky Blog 9-9-2010: Kubiak Talks About OD's Snap Count for Colts

Tight End I feel is our most stacked position. Dressen proved in preseason and more importantly last year that he can be more than capable of being a productive pass catcher at that position. I think we are a better team with Owen as our starting TE but we need to run the ball to win the game on Sunday, so Gary, please take it slow with Owen.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010   #3
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kuharsky Blog 9-9-2010: Kubiak Talks About OD's Snap Count for Colts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansForTheW View Post
Tight End I feel is our most stacked position. Dressen proved in preseason and more importantly last year that he can be more than capable of being a productive pass catcher at that position. I think we are a better team with Owen as our starting TE but we need to run the ball to win the game on Sunday, so Gary, please take it slow with Owen.
Good post and welcome to the board.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010   #4
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 323 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Good post and welcome to the board.
Thank you, have been following this board for about a year and decided yesterday to add my personal opinion on some topics. I am going to be in Reliant on Sunday so saturday night, sleep may be hard to come by.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansForTheW View Post
Thank you, have been following this board for about a year and decided yesterday to add my personal opinion on some topics. I am going to be in Reliant on Sunday so saturday night, sleep may be hard to come by.
Welcome to the board.

You've probably read a lot of my posts on here, so you should know that old GP has a lot of good insight into Texans football.

I am sure you probably agree with 98% of what I say, so it sure is good to know that you will be right there in my corner when these other rapscallions try to besmurch my honor on here. Don't even enteratin what they have to say. They just be hatin' on GP. They hate the player and should actually hate the game instead. Etc., etc.

Welcome to the board, and I can't wait to see you rubber-stamping my opinions and other factual talking points.

I kid, I kid...welcome to the board...as a poster now!
Old 09-09-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Welcome to the board.

You've probably read a lot of my posts on here, so you should know that old GP has a lot of good insight into Texans football.

I am sure you probably agree with 98% of what I say, so it sure is good to know that you will be right there in my corner when these other rapscallions try to besmurch my honor on here. Don't even enteratin what they have to say. They just be hatin' on GP. They hate the player and should actually hate the game instead. Etc., etc.

Welcome to the board, and I can't wait to see you rubber-stamping my opinions and other factual talking points.

LMAO! Nice post!
Old 09-09-2010   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
LMAO! Nice post!
Thanks.

I've wanted to do that for sooo long with new people who come to the board.

Just start up a whole gang system where the new people are under my employ. They back me on all I post. Or else. LOL.

I get a kick out of sitting here wondering what some of the lifers think when they read what I posted. I imagine a few of them are throwing up in their mouths at this very moment. LOL.

It's like the old pink Teddy Bear in Toy Story 3, who shows Woody and Buzz and the gang around the new daycare facility...only to lock them away in the 3-year-old room. Bwahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2010   #8
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that OD is ready to play I say we unleash our new 4 TE Formation. Talk about some mismatches in the seconday, it will revolutionize the game!!!!

J/K
Old 09-09-2010   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Welcome to the board.

I wanted to rep you for this but I'd just repped you for the 1 SB thing.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010   #10
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I wanted to rep you for this but I'd just repped you for the 1 SB thing.
I got him for you TPN.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read