Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2010   #1
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ben Tate taken off of IR?

I looked on NFL.com transactions page and it shows Ben as being taken off of IR? I also checked CBS sports line NFL transactions and it said the same thing? Anyone knows anything about this? RT22
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #2
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate taken off of IR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT22 View Post
I looked on NFL.com transactions page and it shows Ben as being taken off of IR? I also checked CBS sports line NFL transactions and it said the same thing? Anyone knows anything about this? RT22
Whoa! That's very interesting.

Do you have a link? I didn't think that was possible.

EDIT: I found it. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions

Houston Texans Ben Tate Taken off IR, right ankle, right fibula

Anybody have any idea what this means?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #3
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/transactions
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to put this out there before the out of control posting. A player can't be taken of of IR w/o an injury settlement. No matter when dude goes on IR he is out for the year unless there is an injury settlement. Once he get the injury settlement he is then consider waived/cut and in most cases can't return to the team which placed him on IR.

Do they have Kris Brown taken off IR because of an injury settlement? My best guess is that they got the player wrong versus some crazy move i.e. cutting a 2nd round draft pick
Old 09-08-2010   #5
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

9/8 Ben Tate Taken off IR (right ankle, right fibula).
http://www.nfl.com/teams/transactions?team=HOU

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #6
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe they expect him back by the end of the year? IR means they cant play at all in 2010 right?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

HT.com has him as IR. I would at this point in the season believe our official site to be correct.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2010   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
maybe they expect him back by the end of the year? IR means they cant play at all in 2010 right?

Not any time in the 2010 season/postseason.
Old 09-08-2010   #9
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Do they have Kris Brown taken off IR because of an injury settlement? My best guess is that they got the player wrong versus some crazy move i.e. cutting a 2nd round draft pick
That sounds like a good guess.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #10
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd go with they got the wrong guy listed. Kris Brown reached his injury settlement, which means he could be taken off the IR. Bet it was supposed to be him listed.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #11
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
9/8 Ben Tate Taken off IR (right ankle, right fibula).
http://www.nfl.com/teams/transactions?team=HOU
Yeah I stand by my other post. Somebody (or some computer) did not select the right who was (taken of IR) i.e reached an injury settlement (Kris Brown).

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7192079.html
Old 09-08-2010   #12
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't remember how all that PUP stuff works. I know there's a 4 game deal isn't there an 8 game deal? Maybe they think he can come back, for one of the last games of the season to get him some game experience. Can't see them putting him on the roster and taken up a roster spot.
Old 09-08-2010   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Yeah I stand by my other post. Somebody (or some computer) did not select the right who went was "taken of IR) i.e reached an injury settlement (Kris Brown).

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7192079.html
And McClain in the Chronicle 9/5/10:

Quote:
Two draft choices running back Ben Tate (foot, fibula) and receiver Trindon Holliday (thumb) are on injured reserve.
Old 09-08-2010   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I can't remember how all that PUP stuff works. I know there's a 4 game deal isn't there an 8 game deal? Maybe they think he can come back, for one of the last games of the season to get him some game experience. Can't see them putting him on the roster and taken up a roster spot.
PUP is for six games in season, but you have to be declared at some point in the off-season( I don't want to look up the exact point)

IR is the players death sentence in terms of playing in the regular or post season in the NFL.
Old 09-08-2010   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Once on IR always on IR for that season/postseason. PUP allows return. Tate would never be able to return within PUP recovery time alotment.
Old 09-08-2010   #16
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
And McClain in the Chronicle 9/5/10:
Wow..corrected my first post for grammar.
Old 09-08-2010   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

aj has a very concise explanation of how PUP works.........active and reserve........for neither of which does Tate qualify.
Old 09-08-2010   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

This has to be Kris Brown's injury settlement getting screwed up by someone and it cascading through the news services.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Or, god forbid, Tate is broken, a settlement is reached and there goes our rushing hopes for 2011 :/
Old 09-09-2010   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Spoke to a reliable source about this last night. Didn't get 100% confirmation but I'm leaning towards an error on those websites.

Going from memory (so take it fwiw), you can't be removed from IR without first passing a physical and then being waived or released, OR be waived-injured or released with a settlement. (waivers for players with less than 4 years service, outright release for those with more than 4).

Tate hasn't been waived-injured or released with a settlement from what I was able to gather. 'Now that would be news' said my source. Um ...no sheet.

At any rate, this one smells like an error on the part of those reporting it.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read