Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2010   #1
williedebo
noob

Default Charlie Casserly, Our Hero (Take THAT, Reggie Bush)

Literally awesome retrospective of the real-time 'analysis' by the 'experts' of 2006 draft where they maligned Charlie Casserly & Mario Williams:
http://bit.ly/cu2aRO

Who's laughing now?!?!!?
williedebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Charlie Casserly, Our Hero (Take THAT, Reggie Bush)

Author should investigate who really made that pick.
Old 09-08-2010   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano
One point worth mentioning–the marketing impact of Reggie Bush. Mario Williams has been a nice player, but the Texans have not been able to build season ticket campaigns and jersey sales around Williams the way they could have around Bush. Also, despite Steve Slaton’s 2008 numbers, by and large the RB position has been a large void in the Texans offense.
While substance over style might have translated to a slightly better team on the field (a point which is highly specious given the different impacts of a RB/RET vs. DL), off the field, quite the opposite is the case. The Texans missed out on a chance to increase their revenue streams by latching on to Reggie Bush and promoting him as the face of the franchise. Instead, Williams is at best the fifth most recognized player in Houston (Johnson, Schaub, Cushing, Slaton/Daniels/Walters).
My Reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Bridge
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Hermano –

The Texans have sold out every single game in their existence, Reggie would not have made them build extra seats and sell extra tickets.

Revenue from jersey sales are shared among teams, the Texans would not have benifited from the sales any more than they do now.

The problem with the Texans’ running game has been injuries to the OL, last year there was pretty much a new front 5 each week.

Reggie would not have been more recognized than Schaub, Andre, Cushing or Demeco. So if you want to place Mario at #5, which is debatable… the highest you’d place Reggie would be #5. Unless your just talking about the casual football fan, which quite frankly is pointless.

Mario was the best pick at #1 then, and he continues to be the best of “The Top 3″ from that year.
And D-Bridge... is my alias. Alert the Feds.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #4
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
My Reply:

All right. Hands in the air Mister or is it Miss?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
All right. Hands in the air Mister or is it Miss?
drs23!
Old 09-08-2010   #6
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
drs23!
I know JB. I was wrong for that. Just wrong.

Old 09-08-2010   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Yes, drs23!
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2010   #8
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Yes, drs23!
*standing in corner*

Old 09-08-2010   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Well, it's better than "it's better than Vista".
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Well, it's better than "it's better than Vista".
I saw what you did there!
Old 09-08-2010   #11
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

I would hardly call Casserly "our hero". IF, and thats a big IF ol' Chuck was responsible for Mario, which Ill go ahead and believe, then thats a very small penance he paid for the previous years of garbage he bestowed upon us. By no means do I thank him for anything hes done for us............remember it was his job.

Im just happy we have someone in the FO now that isnt a friggin moron.

One point Smithiak.
Old 09-08-2010   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Asserly was actually in love with Reggie Bush. I have a hard time believing that he was the one who pulled the plug on taking Bush.

Next time you think of Asserly as a hero just remember all of this ...

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

We are only allowed 6 images a post, however I really needed to add these 2.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

We are only allowed 6 images a post, however I really needed to add these 2.
I will always hate the Travis Johnson pick. Especially when I see Derrick Johnson still starting at KC.

I liked Jonathan Wells. I think under better circumstances he would've been a PRODUCTIVE back. Hard to come in as a rookie as it is let alone being a rookie for the expansion franchise with a scared QB.

How is ol' Jason Babin doing in Tennessee anyhow?

The Dave Ragone was a bad pick.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Ragooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Casserly was an awful GM who missed more than he hit. And with high draft choices each year he should have been able to field a better team.

The Travis Johnson pick was the worst. Derrick Johnson was ripe for the picking. And we plucked a turd.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010   #16
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Charlie Casserly, Our Hero (Take THAT, Reggie Bush)

Quote:
My Reply:

Wait, you're not a woman?!?!?!??!?!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Even IF (big IF) Casserly somehow managed to not *#$% up the 2006 1st pick all by himself, it does absolutely nothing to redeem him for the awful picks from the first 4 years. He was a complete failure as an NFL GM through and through. There is nothing that he ever did that can make up for all the terrible picks he made during his time here.

Oh, and no he doesn't deserve credit for picking Andre Johnson; the Detroit Lions deserve credit for taking Charles Rogers away from Casserly and Capers. The Lions made that decision for them.
Old 09-09-2010   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Wait, you're not a woman?!?!?!??!?!

Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010   #19
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Then why don't you change your name to 'Ole Dude Texan'?
Old 09-09-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Then why don't you change your name to 'Ole Dude Texan'?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read