Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-07-2010   #81
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

What are Mathews owners doing this week?

Great matchup against the Raiders, and we all saw what the Texans did to them on the ground. I also have Tolbert and I'm not really sure which way I should lean. I've considered starting both of them...
Old 10-07-2010   #82
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I would go with Hillis, Torain, Austin, Moss, and a toss up between and Best and Holmes in the flex spot.

It looks like McFadden isn't going to play this week.
No love for Addai at all, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
What are Mathews owners doing this week?
Agonizing, as far as I can tell. I honestly don't know what I'd do about that situation.
Old 10-07-2010   #83
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Not going against KC. They have allowed the fewest rushing yards so far this year.
Old 10-07-2010   #84
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

Agonizing, as far as I can tell. I honestly don't know what I'd do about that situation.
I hate Addai, so maybe I am discrediting him a bit. Is it a ppr league?
Old 10-15-2010   #85
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

QB: Cutler post concussion vs. Seattle, or Henne @ GB without CM possibly?

Flex: WR Floyd @ STL or RB Brandon Jackson vs. Miami?

Currently I have Cutler and Jackson starting.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010   #86
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kyle Orton vs Jets or Big Ben vs Cleveland? I don't know if he'll be rusty, and Orton is having a great year.
Old 10-15-2010   #87
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Kyle Orton vs Jets or Big Ben vs Cleveland? I don't know if he'll be rusty, and Orton is having a great year.
Really is a tough call. Only Henne has scored in the 20's vs the jets so far this year. But Orton has gone off vs. Balt and Tenn recently. I would go with Orton to see where Ben is at, not to mention I can see Pitt running ALOT and having a lead and sticking with it.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2010   #88
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Coin flip.

Orton vs. a really good denfese.

Ben Roe vs. Bad Browns. Last time Ben played in Cleveland he had 200 yards and 0 Td's.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010   #89
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Really is a tough call. Only Henne has scored in the 20's vs the jets so far this year. But Orton has gone off vs. Balt and Tenn recently. I would go with Orton to see where Ben is at, not to mention I can see Pitt running ALOT and having a lead and sticking with it.
Yeah, its hard to not start my highest point getter Orton.
Old 10-15-2010   #90
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Who should I start?

I have got to figure out my two WR positions and Flex, here's my options:

Dez Bryant (Questionable)
Calvin Johnson (Questionable)
M. Colston (Probable)
M. Barber
N. Wasthington

If Johnson and and Bryant weren't iffy I'd probably go with them. I won't be around my computer after Sat night so I'd like to get it set. I am thinking playing Washington, Johnson, and Colston.
Old 10-15-2010   #91
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Who should I start?

M. Colston (Probable)
M. Barber
N. Wasthington

If Johnson and and Bryant weren't iffy I'd probably go with them. I won't be around my computer after Sat night so I'd like to get it set. I am thinking playing Washington, Johnson, and Colston.
Probably what I would go with...
Old 10-15-2010   #92
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Edit

Last edited by J_R; 10-16-2010 at 03:10 PM.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010   #93
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who should I start?

M. Colston (Probable)
M. Barber
N. Wasthington

Bump. Anymore advice out there.
Old 10-16-2010   #94
Ckw

Quote:
Bump. Anymore advice out there.
No question, Washington, Colston, and Johnson are the only way to go. Barber has been garbage and Bryant is injured and also hasn't been that good. Brees is finally starting to look Colston's way a bit more this year.

Now, go comment on the "Trade Advice" thread and tell me what you think of my trades.
Old 10-17-2010   #95
Ckw

Hope someone can respond before 12 tomorrow.

Curious on who you guys think I should start. I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex.

Options are Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jamaal Charles, Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt, and Michael Crabtree.

Right now, I have Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jamaal Charles, Wes Welker, and Brandon Marshall starting. Curious if you guys think for any reason I should go with Britt or even Crabtree.
Old 10-17-2010   #96
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Hope someone can respond before 12 tomorrow.

Curious on who you guys think I should start. I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex.

Options are Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jamaal Charles, Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt, and Michael Crabtree.

Right now, I have Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jamaal Charles, Wes Welker, and Brandon Marshall starting. Curious if you guys think for any reason I should go with Britt or even Crabtree.
I'd stick with what you have. Britt and Crabtree haven't proven they're consistent enough to play on anything but a fill-in basis.
Old 10-17-2010   #97
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked up the Rams D because the Steelers were on a bye week and they earned me negative points. I dropped them and now against the Chargers they got 7 sacks and 1 INT so far...amazing.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #98
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Well I need Nate Washington to get me 8 points or more tonight to win this week. So glad I didn't get scared out of starting Calvin Johnson because of his questionable status. He ended up going off.
Old 10-19-2010   #99
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Do I start Brandon Marshall vs steelers? Or colston against browns. I also am starting meachem. Both could have a big game against the browns d.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #100
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Do I start Brandon Marshall vs steelers? Or colston against browns. I also am starting meachem. Both could have a big game against the browns d.
I would start Marshall, especially if it's ppr. Colston has been a dud this season but of course as soon as you bench him he will go off for 150 yards and a TD.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read