Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Tailgate

Fall of Hame
Thought I would start a thread where we could all chime in with suggestions and what not regarding who to start or sit on a weekly basis. A second opinion never hurt anybody right? Or has it?

10 team league, no PPR.

Need 2 starters out of these 4:
-Ray Rice @ Jets
-Ryan Grant @ Philly
-Arian Foster vs Indy
-CJ Spiller @ Miami

Need 3 starters out of this group:
-Anquan Boldin @ Jets
-Percy Harvin @ NO
-Mike Wallace vs. Atl
-Bernard Berrian @ NO
-Johnny Knox vs Det

Thanks bro... kind of where I was leanin. Knox needs to step up tho. But didnt want to play Harvin AND Berrian.

I think Knox against Det @ home should have a decent day. But no telling with Cutler as QB....

Start 3 of these 4 at WR week 1...?

Ochocinco
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Mike Sims-Walker

I really wanna throw Dez out there and I'm leaning towards sitting Nicks.

Ochocinco
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Mike Sims-Walker

Playing Dez without watching him take an NFL snap yet? And he won't start either and coming back from injury? Big time risk. I'd go with the other three.

Ochocinco
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Mike Sims-Walker

Ocho and Mike should be no brainers... I´d be temptet about Bryant, but in the end I guess I would sit the rookie and go with the sure thing in Nicks.

Here are my questions: 2 out of these 4:

Chris Johnson @Oak
Jamaal Charles @SD
Ronnie Brown @ Buf
Matt Forte @ Det

And one out of these two:

Brent Celek @GB
Visanthe Shiancoe @ NO

Ocho and Mike should be no brainers... I´d be temptet about Bryant, but in the end I guess I would sit the rookie and go with the sure thing in Nicks.

Chris Johnson @Oak
Jamaal Charles @SD
Ronnie Brown @ Buf
Matt Forte @ Det

Brent Celek @GB
Visanthe Shiancoe @ NO

CJ & JC & Shiancoe

Thought I would start a thread where we could all chime in with suggestions and what not regarding who to start or sit on a weekly basis. A second opinion never hurt anybody right? Or has it?

10 team league, no PPR.

Need 2 starters out of these 4:
-Ray Rice @ Jets
-Ryan Grant @ Philly
-Arian Foster vs Indy
-CJ Spiller @ Miami

Need 3 starters out of this group:
-Anquan Boldin @ Jets
-Percy Harvin @ NO
-Mike Wallace vs. Atl
-Bernard Berrian @ NO
-Johnny Knox vs Det

I might be tempted to go with Foster and Grant, Jets run D is scary. Boldin, Harvin, Knox.

Ochocinco
Dez Bryant
Hakeem Nicks
Mike Sims-Walker

I would wait at least a week to see how they're going to use Bryant.

Chris Johnson @Oak
Jamaal Charles @SD
Ronnie Brown @ Buf
Matt Forte @ Det

Brent Celek @GB
Visanthe Shiancoe @ NO

Start CJ every week unless he is hurt. I would propably go with Ronnie Brown, he's a beast when healthy, all signs point to him being 100%, and Buffalo's run D is a joke. Plus I'm still iffy on how the Cheifs will split carries, they did pick up Thomas Jones and draft McCluster.

I like Celek, especially in a ppr league. Shiancoe is always a threat to score a TD though.

Start CJ every week unless he is hurt. I would propably go with Ronnie Brown, he's a beast when healthy, all signs point to him being 100%, and Buffalo's run D is a joke. Plus I'm still iffy on how the Cheifs will split carries, they did pick up Thomas Jones and draft McCluster.

I like Celek, especially in a ppr league. Shiancoe is always a threat to score a TD though.

Im almost leaning towards Forte and CJ here. Tough call but its Browns first game back and and Ricky had 200 yards and 2 TDs against Buffalo last year. Brown struggled a bit in preseason and Forte has looked like his rookie self. But cant go wrong with either imo.

I know. Not to mention Bills have named CJ Spiller the starter vs Miami and Fred J and Lynch are both nursing nagging injuries???

Spiller is definitely an option as well, I was lucky enough to pick him up in the ninth round of my money league. That was the night before he had his National coming out party with 2 TD's catapulting him up to the 4th 5th round. I'm going to wait at least one game before I name him my starter though. I wanna see what he can do in the regular season before I make any decisions.

Funny thing though, I have Grant, Foster, and Spiller in my money league so I guess great minds think alike. I'm starting Grant and Foster.

Spiller is definitely an option as well, I was lucky enough to pick him up in the ninth round of my money league. That was the night before he had his National coming out party with 2 TD's catapulting him up to the 4th 5th round. I'm going to wait at least one game before I name him my starter though. I wanna see what he can do in the regular season before I make any decisions.

Funny thing though, I have Grant, Foster, and Spiller in my money league so I guess great minds think alike. I'm starting Grant and Foster.

images

How about these options? Philip Rivers VS KC or Jay Cutler VS Detroit. I am leaning towards Rivers, because even without Vincent Jackson (who happens to be on my FF team but I think I may have dropped him) he is the better option then Cutler IMO.

Whadda' yall say?

How about these options? Philip Rivers VS KC or Jay Cutler VS Detroit. I am leaning towards Rivers, because even without Vincent Jackson (who happens to be on my FF team but I think I may have dropped him) he is the better option then Cutler IMO.

Whadda' yall say?

Rivers for sure.

Whadda' yall say?

Don't sit your studs. Cutler is a good backup in case your guy goes down but you don't really want to rely on him not throwing interceptions in that Martz offense over a whole season.

I got RB and my flex position that I need to decide between:

Need one RB and one RB/WR:
L. McCoy
Hightower
CJ Spiller
Lee Evans

Not really considering the rest of my bench, which is:
Slaton
Sproles
Dez Bryant

The rest of the starters are locked down:
P. Rivers
AP
Colston
Calvin Johnson
T. Gonzales
D/ST Cowboys
and some kicker.

I am leaning toward Hightower and McCoy, but I hate McCoy's match up against GB. That's a tough row to hoe. So I am actually considering playing the rookie Spiller in his place. Thoughts?

I got RB and my flex position that I need to decide between:

Need one RB and one RB/WR:
L. McCoy
Hightower
CJ Spiller
Lee Evans

Not really considering the rest of my bench, which is:
Slaton
Sproles
Dez Bryant

The rest of the starters are locked down:
P. Rivers
AP
Colston
Calvin Johnson
T. Gonzales
D/ST Cowboys
and some kicker.

I am leaning toward Hightower and McCoy, but I hate McCoy's match up against GB. That's a tough row to hoe. So I am actually considering playing the rookie Spiller in his place. Thoughts?

For the bold, start Spiller if possible. The Bills passing game is suspect so I expect them to give CJ a lot of carries as they will probably depend on him for offensive points. He had a decent preseason campaign and I expect him to get a TD or two in his first regular season game.

Thanks fellas - I started Nicks, and it paid off.

I shoulda sat Sims-Walker, who did not even catch one ball against Champ Bailey... :hairpull:

I got stuck with DeSean Jackson and Maclin. I see Maclin as the true No. 1, especially with Vick. Should I sub one of them out?

Vick vs. the 28th ranked jax defense or Rogers vs. Chicago where he only had 1 td and less than 400 yards combined in 2 games last year.

Do I HAVE to go with my #1 because he is my unquestioned #1?

Vick vs. the 28th ranked jax defense or Rogers vs. Chicago where he only had 1 td and less than 400 yards combined in 2 games last year.

Do I HAVE to go with my #1 because he is my unquestioned #1?

That's a tough one. I typically never bench my studs but this might just call for it.

J. Best vs MIN
or
C. Benson vs. CAR

(Other RB is A. Peterson...)

(BTW, I'm feeling pretty lucky to have nabbed JBest in the friggin 9th round in our draft!!) :evil:

I'd just like to know if you guys think I should keep starting Jamaal Charles. My RBs are Benson, Foster, Charles, Spiller, Fred Taylor, and Mike Tolbert (SD).

My WRs are AJ, Welker, Mark Clayton, and Mike Wallace.

I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex.

Right now I have Foster, Benson, Charles, AJ, and Welker starting. I am considering starting Clayton as he has been Bradford's favorite target and moving Welker to the flex and sitting Charles this week. What do you guys think I should do?

J. Best vs MIN
or
C. Benson vs. CAR

(Other RB is A. Peterson...)

(BTW, I'm feeling pretty lucky to have nabbed JBest in the friggin 9th round in our draft!!) :evil:

I'd start Benson. I am predicting a big week for him.

I'd just like to know if you guys think I should keep starting Jamaal Charles. My RBs are Benson, Foster, Charles, Spiller, Fred Taylor, and Mike Tolbert (SD).

My WRs are AJ, Welker, Mark Clayton, and Mike Wallace.

I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex.

Right now I have Foster, Benson, Charles, AJ, and Welker starting. I am considering starting Clayton as he has been Bradford's favorite target and moving Welker to the flex and sitting Charles this week. What do you guys think I should do?

Foster since he is the clear #1, and Benson faces a stingy Car run D this week. Benson will have to get a ton of carries to get near 100 and he has a shoulder nick right now. I would keep starting Charles simply due to his homerun threat potential. 49ers do have a solid run D tho.

This week:

Foster, Charles, AJ, Welker, and either Benson or Clayton. I typically go w RB in the flex when confronted with this scenario.

Foster since he is the clear #1, and Benson faces a stingy Car run D this week. Benson will have to get a ton of carries to get near 100 and he has a shoulder nick right now. I would keep starting Charles simply due to his homerun threat potential. 49ers do have a solid run D tho.

This week:

Foster, Charles, AJ, Welker, and either Benson or Clayton. I typically go w RB in the flex when confronted with this scenario.

Awesome thanks! That is exactly what I am planning on doing then. You convinced me.

Other question I have is who to start at TE. I have Brent Celek and Kellen Winslow. I'd start Celek but with Vick being the starter in Philadelphia, I am unsure on what to do. Winslow is having knee issues but looks pretty damn good last week but was no good in week 1. Can't make up my mind.

Awesome thanks! That is exactly what I am planning on doing then. You convinced me.

Other question I have is who to start at TE. I have Brent Celek and Kellen Winslow. I'd start Celek but with Vick being the starter in Philadelphia, I am unsure on what to do. Winslow is having knee issues but looks pretty damn good last week but was no good in week 1. Can't make up my mind.

I think with Vick starting, Celek will not get many opportunities. I would start Winslow.

I would also go with Winslow, Celek is a bad performance or 2 from getting cut from my squad.

I think with Vick starting, Celek will not get many opportunities. I would start Winslow.

I would also go with Winslow, Celek is a bad performance or 2 from getting cut from my squad.

Thanks to both of you for the advice, and I concur. If Celek has anymore bad weeks, I may drop him for John Carlson.

For my RB/WR position, I'm torn between Maclin and Mark Clayton (Rams).

I already have DeSean Jackson and I don't think Vick will throw enough for both. Plus, Bradford and Clayton have a chemistry.

I already have DeSean Jackson and I don't think Vick will throw enough for both. Plus, Bradford and Clayton have a chemistry.

I personally wouldn't start both receivers from the same team. There's nothing worse than getting shut out by the run game.

I'd go Clayton if he's your only other option, even better if you're playing PPR.

-wil

Got a minor dilemma here.

Would y'all start Cutler against the Packers? Or Vick against the Jags?

I'm leaning towards Vick, but need that 2nd opinion.

I would probably go Vick, 'cause I think Cutler is going to be under pressure all game.
But iirc, Cutler did handle the 'gurls pressure pretty well.

I would probably go Vick, 'cause I think Cutler is going to be under pressure all game.
But iirc, Cutler did handle the 'gurls pressure pretty well.

LOL, gee JB, that really helps a lot. That's basically what I've been thinking already.

Pretty risky to start 2 WR's from the same team, I'd go Clayton.

That's a tough one, I'm also leaning towards Vick. Cutler is risky against that GB defense.

Do I start Miami Defense against Jets or Washington defense vs rams?

Leaning towards DC.

I'd go Miami, jmo.

I'm in the same boat and I chose to go with Cutler. LOL I have GB defense too. I'm a firm believer that any qb in a Martz system will get the points. I think Vick is a close second, especially against the Jags.

Alright...got a relative FUBAR situation going on at QB.

I've got Favre, McNabb and Derek Anderson.

I've gone Favre last two weeks...thinking that its time to pull the trigger and go McNabb after last weeks game.

Back