Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-07-2010   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default And so it begins with Randy Moss?

Quote:
While football scribes around the country debate just how close the supposed three-year, $58 million extension for New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady(notes) is to actually happening, it appears that the primary target of New England's quarterbacks over the last three seasons isn't feeling the love.

"When you have done so much and put so much work in, it kind of feels like I am not wanted," Moss recently said in an exclusive interview with CBSSports.com's William Bendetson. "I am taking that in stride and playing my final year out and whatever the future holds is what it holds, but it is kind of a bad feeling -- feeling not wanted. It is not like my production has gone down. I am speaking from an individual standpoint. I don't know about Tom [Brady's] or whoever else's contract."

Brady's alleged extension aside, the Pats are already suffering a lot of roster turmoil. Guard Logan Mankins(notes) is in the middle of a contentious and protracted holdout. Defenders Ty Warren(notes) and Leigh Bodden(notes) are out for the year with injuries. The team has tried defensive plug-ins already, and on the offensive side, the Patriots still have an uncertain running game and the recovery of Wes Welker(notes) to think of. An unhappy Moss, who has raised Brady's totals from excellent to stratospheric since 2007 and kept the offense together when Brady was lost for the 2008 season to a knee injury, could be disastrous in the long term.

The sad part is that Moss has seen this coming for some time. "You know the Patriots don't really pay," Moss told Christopher L. Gasper of the Boston Globe in February. "So when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise. I understand the business. I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. I'm not mad. I'm not bitter. It's just the way things are in this NFL, so like I said after this year I'll be looking for a new team. I think so."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-267933
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: And so it begins with Randy Moss?

Quote:
moss the boss. rice maybe the greatest receiver of all time, but no doubt in my mind moss will go down as at LEAST the second best, if not the BEST receiver of all time when all said and done. I know you Rice fan boys are going to get all upset, but nobody can deny moss is one of the best players of all time. Look what moss did, he turned culpepper to a beast, he turned the QB before culpepper to a monster, and he made Brady look like a monster. Brady isn't going to nearly have quite the passing attack if moss leaves.

one of the comments..

LMAO .. Moss could have so much more if he would have kept his mind in it
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 126281 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
one of the comments..

LMAO .. Moss could have so much more if he would have kept his mind in it
I would say whoever made that quote has been sniffing Moss's old jocks for way too long...
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Whomever wrote all of that is a complete moron. Moss is great and one of the best of all time no question, but to talk about Brady's success being because of him is a joke. Brady won 3 SB's before Moss and had put up nice numbers before Moss as well and Welker had a lot to do with that as well while Brady is just as important to Moss's numbers as Moss was to his.

Moss might be the best talent of all time possibly.

I'd take AJ in his best season over Moss in his any day of the week though because AJ can make plays all over the field and move the chains constantly, blocks well, and does everything you want while Moss is mainly a deep target and a RZ threat.

Moss and Jerry Rice aren't even comparable. Rice is by far a better player.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #5
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4297 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

I know he will be 34 next season, but am I wrong for hoping the Texans would at least try and sign Moss to the likes of a two-year contract if the Patriots don't slap the franchise tag on Moss and he becomes a free agent?

The thought of Andre Johnson and Randy Moss on the field for the Texans makes me...

Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 126281 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
I know he will be 34 next season, but am I wrong for hoping the Texans would at least try and sign Moss to the likes of a two-year contract if the Patriots don't slap the franchise tag on Moss and he becomes a free agent?

The thought of Andre Johnson and Randy Moss on the field for the Texans makes me...

No thanks! With AJ, Walter, JJ, DD & DA we are good. We don't need no stinkin' 34 year old problem child at a position of strength.
Brain Cushing
Old 09-07-2010   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
No thanks! With AJ, Walter, JJ, DD & DA we are good. We don't need no stinkin' 34 year old problem child at a position of strength.
THANK YOU JB

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2010   #8
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

ON a season by season basis, to say you would take AJ in his best over Moss in his best is just simply crazy homer talk. To this point in his career and AJ has time to catch him, Moss has been alot better a WR.

Moss has been a TD machine. His 03-04 season was crazy good. Over 1600 yards and 17 TDs. His 08-09 season was almost 1500 and 23 TDs. Moss has been a problem child at times, but you cant deny his skills.

Andre had better start finding the end zone if he wants to end his career being talked about among the best to ever play the game. Yards are nice and all but scoring is what matters.

Moss is a jerk , but he is an all time great.

Yea JB... why would you want one of the best WR's to ever play the game across the field from another of the best in the game with a strong armed very accurate QB throwing to them? Why on earth would anyone want that? Just insane....
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL View Post
ON a season by season basis, to say you would take AJ in his best over Moss in his best is just simply crazy homer talk. To this point in his career and AJ has time to catch him, Moss has been alot better a WR.

Moss has been a TD machine. His 03-04 season was crazy good. Over 1600 yards and 17 TDs. His 08-09 season was almost 1500 and 23 TDs. Moss has been a problem child at times, but you cant deny his skills.

Andre had better start finding the end zone if he wants to end his career being talked about among the best to ever play the game. Yards are nice and all but scoring is what matters.

Yea JB... why would you want one of the best WR's to ever play the game across the field from another of the best in the game with a strong armed very accurate QB throwing to them? Why on earth would anyone want that? Just insane....
To this point in his career Moss became such a pain in the butt Minnesota got rid of him. All time great but hey let's get rid of him. Same point in his career and Houston would revolt if AJ was let go.
Old 09-08-2010   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Randy Moss..... Redifiining asshattery since 1998!
Old 09-08-2010   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Sounds like to me he is going to light it up this year to try and get his next fat contract.

Yes, I have him on my fantasy team. *sigh*
Old 09-08-2010   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 09-08-2010   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Dammit man!
Old 09-08-2010   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Dammit man!
Moi??!?
Old 09-08-2010   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Moi??!?
Yep, it's still too early for that crap. I'm tired, got a headache and I keep sneezing. And I look up and see that?
Old 09-08-2010   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Yep, it's still too early for that crap. I'm tired, got a headache and I keep sneezing. And I look up and see that?
Brain Cushing
Old 09-08-2010   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Same here. I'm tired, I feel like hell from my flu shot!! I'm achy, my head hurts and I have to read posts by asshats!!! FML!
Old 09-08-2010   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Same here. I'm tired, I feel like hell from my flu shot!! I'm achy, my head hurts and I have to read posts by asshats!!! FML!
Eeww, flu shots suck. The last time I got the flu shot I ended up with the worst case of the flu I've ever had. Never again fo me
Old 09-08-2010   #19
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Homer talk my ass.

There is a lot more that goes into this equation than just TD's since that's all that you seem to be looking at.

How about moving the chains and catching those important passes on 3rd and 12 or 3rd and 9 that moves the chains and keeps a drive going? How about blocking up the field and giving your RB's extra room to run? How about playing your heart out on every play and using yourself as a decoy the best you can to help other guys get open instead of quitting on the play in the first second after the ball is snapped because you're not getting the ball? How about being a team guy and keeping all of your contract negotiations to yourself behind closed doors like Aj has always done? How about being a deep threat, a mid field threat, and short pass route threat for possession purposes?

You don't seem to know the duties of the WR position all that well and seem to only look at one little thing which is TD's. Well, that is fine and dandy, but I'll take a WR like AJ or Fitzgerald any day of the week over any WR in the NFL, because they do all of the little things around the field that your team needs besides being able to make catches all over the field. And AJ and Fitz are class acts that bust their asses all year long and in the off season and go out of their way to hold camps to make their teammates better as well.

These are things that Moss has never done and never will do. Moss is and always has been a one dimensional WR for the most part. He's a deep threat and a RZ freak and probably the best of all time in those two areas, but there is a lot more to the position than that and Moss is and always will be a diva that has certain issues.

It's a reason why you always hear DB's constantly criticize and dog Moss for certain things he does as far as quitting and giving the opposition signals as to what their offense is going to do, because he gives up on plays. It's also a huge reason why so many DB's constantly call AJ a beast and have tremendous respect for him when asked about playing against him.

AJ and Fitz are the best two WR's in the league. Moss may be more talented, but he'll never have the mentality that these two do as players and teammates which goes a lot further than just some TD argument.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Eeww, flu shots suck. The last time I got the flu shot I ended up with the worst case of the flu I've ever had. Never again fo me
Dude, I have all the symptoms of the flu with the exception of a fever!! It sucks!!

Anywho, Randy Moss is just a good 'ol boy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLj3yMGugf4

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read