Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-07-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Quiet on offense.. Please

Hey guys, I know Reliant is going to be rocking come Sunday. We generally do a good job making noise when we are on defense, and causing problems for the other team.

But we tend to make as much noise, or at least enough, when we are on offense. Especially when we are in scoring position, when you see our offense asking us to tone it down, we need to do our part, and allow them to hear, concentrate, and focus.

Remember guys, bring the raise the roof when we're on Defense, especially on third down. But we need to hear pins dropping when we are on offense.
Old 09-07-2010   #2
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quite on offense.. Please

QUIET

qui·et/ˈkwīət/
Verb: Make or become silent, calm, or still: "there are ways of quieting kids down"; "the journalists quieted down as Judy stepped on to the dais".
Noun: Absence of noise or bustle; silence; calm: "the ringing of the telephone shattered the early morning quiet".

I knew what you meant, just messing with ya. But yeah, our offense is quite good!
Cjeremy635 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed. Frankly it is more of a pre-season problem. Last Thursday the "I got my first ever NFL tickets for free from someone" crowd was going nuts yelling on offense. That will calm down during the season but Reliant is still too loud on offense. I don't understand how it isn't common sense - well gee we get loud on D to hurt their O do you think we should be loud or quiet when our O is on the field.
Old 09-07-2010   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Generally speaking, I don't think that the majority of members here need to be told to be quiet on offense. As Cak mentioned and I also suspect, it's those rookie fans that maybe got their first tickets to a game that need to be warned.

It is frustrating as hell though!!
Old 09-07-2010   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Agreed. Frankly it is more of a pre-season problem. Last Thursday the "I got my first ever NFL tickets for free from someone" crowd was going nuts yelling on offense. That will calm down during the season but Reliant is still too loud on offense. I don't understand how it isn't common sense - well gee we get loud on D to hurt their O do you think we should be loud or quiet when our O is on the field.
I agree with him as well. He's right, a lot of the fans haven't a clue when it comes to the right times to make a crap load of noise. We could be gearing up for a crucial 3rd down on offense and the fans are screaming their head's off. I get the excitement of the moment, but be smart about it. I'd rather screw up the other team's offense than ours.
Cjeremy635 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good thinking. I think people now are just so excited our team is good and can score points that we can't hold our emotions back. LOL

On another note, yall get there early. That has been a big point stressed by McNair and Kubiak. The team really does feed off the crowd, especially when they're warming up and the stadium has a lot of people in it. We don't do a good job of getting there too early, and it's just kind of deflating. Team gets all pumped up and all and there's only half the stadium full.

Leave the tailgating earlier than normal and get to the game earlier. 1st game of the season AND against the colts. Come on guys! I will personally guarantee a victory if the stadium is full 20-30 minutes before kickoff. The place would be electric.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

That's pretty sad that football fans actually have to be "told" to be quiet when their hometeam's offense is on the field. That's mind-boggling.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2010   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

If we are rolling on offense and have a good lead, it's gonna be hard to keep people quiet..especially since it's opening day and people are borderline insane by this time. I'll do my part, but i can't guarantee for everyone else.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #9
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quiet on offense.. Please

Maybe on the big screen screen we can have the words QUIET PLEASE appear so all the fans who are screaming can pipe down. Also, don't bring a vuvuzela in and blast it because I will personally kick your ass!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
That's pretty sad that football fans actually have to be "told" to be quiet when their hometeam's offense is on the field. That's mind-boggling.
Well, true football fans don't have to be told this. It's the folks that aren't real fans and have been tailgating (spell that getting drunk) all morning that have to be schooled. They're also the ones that don't get into their seats until midway the first quarter.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
If we are rolling on offense and have a good lead, it's gonna be hard to keep people quiet..especially since it's opening day and people are borderline insane by this time. I'll do my part, but i can't guarantee for everyone else.
You can hear a pin drop in the Colts' stadium on opening day.

I have to say corporate seats really contribute to this. Of the twenty or so seats closest around us there are two sets of two fans that have owned their seats from day one. Almost all of the corporate seats have also been owned from day one but who sits in them each week changes. They tend to either be lumps throughout the game or want to yell, jump, scream, take pictures of the cheerleaders (I appreciate girls but don't act like you have never seen one before especially if it means barging in front of me as they snap 3rd and 4), etc. throughout the game.
Old 09-07-2010   #12
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Well, true football fans don't have to be told this. It's the folks that aren't real fans and have been tailgating (spell that getting drunk) all morning that have to be schooled. They're also the ones that don't get into their seats until midway the first quarter.
I will be in my seat @ kickoff and not drunk! Though it will be in my recliner @ home.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Well, maybe the "true football fans" need to get in the "folks that aren't real fans"'s faces and tell them to STFU!!!!

Like cak said, in other cities you can hear a pin drop when the offense is on the field.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Quiet on offense.. Please

Have to throw it out there - everyone on here knows this, it's the other folks....
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 118834 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't the Texans put up the big Quiet Please on the scoreboards and screens when the Texans go on offense? Still way to many uneducated football fans if they don't know to be quiet. The Texans need to make a big deal about it all week.
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Also, don't bring a vuvuzela in and blast it because I will personally kick your ass!
They're banned anyways, unfortunately.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #17
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 58171 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You can hear a pin drop in the Colts' stadium on opening day.....
'cause they turn down the speakers when they're on offense.
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #18
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I agree with him as well. He's right, a lot of the fans haven't a clue when it comes to the right times to make a crap load of noise. We could be gearing up for a crucial 3rd down on offense and the fans are screaming their head's off. I get the excitement of the moment, but be smart about it. I'd rather screw up the other team's offense than ours.
I think it is the baseball influence. Whenever there is a big moment in a baseball game, the crowd stands up, yells, cheers, and screams. So, I think the same thing is at work here.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Have to throw it out there - everyone on here knows this, it's the other folks....
That's basically what I had said. Just not with the same economy of words..
Old 09-07-2010   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
We get new people here everyday.

New Season Ticket Holders everyday.

People making noise on offense, everygame.

The job isn't done. So if it's not you, that we need to be telling, help us out, and spread the word.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read