Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which game(s) do you think we'll lose?
Colts 6 16.67%
Redskins 1 2.78%
Cowboys 1 2.78%
Ravens 12 33.33%
Giants 0 0%
Eagles 0 0%
Chargers 7 19.44%
Jags 1 2.78%
Jets 5 13.89%
Titans 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Which game(s) do you think we'll lose?

I'll be posting a poll, so please wait.

Basic question though, which games do you think we'll lose, you'll be able to make multiple selections, please only vote for the games you think are definite losses, not the maybes.

Definite losses only.

If the mods could please fix it to where it will allow multiple answers, I forgot to click it.

I'm also only able to have 10 choices, so not all our opponents are represented.
Broncos & Chiefs were odd men out.
Old 09-07-2010   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which game(s) do you think we'll lose?

The first game against the Colts.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #3
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 5981 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
I'm just trying to get a consensus on which teams the board think are in a better class than the Texans.
Old 09-07-2010   #5
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens & Jets

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Split with Colts, Titans and lose to Cowboys, Eagles, Ravens and Chargers. 10-6 overall.
Old 09-07-2010   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

None of the above....

that's my story and I'm sticking with it!

At least until they prove me wrong...
Old 09-07-2010   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty sure that at some point during the season, I'm gonna lose a game of cornhole and beer pong.

Colts once and either JAX or the Tinnbreds once! Also, we'll probably lose to one or two of the NFC East teams and last maybe San Diego...
Old 09-07-2010   #9
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't see a choice for "we ain't losin' ****!"
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #10
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 55 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts x2, Titans, Cowboys, Giants, Ravens, Jets, Chargers

8-8
Dwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #11
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade View Post

8-8
Damn man, it's way too early to be a negative nancy.
Old 09-07-2010   #12
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 55 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Damn man, it's way too early to be a negative nancy.
Not being negative, just realistic

We were 9-7 last year with a soft schedule now we have the toughest in the NFL

I think a bad season now would help in the long run, because it might send Kubiak packing.
Dwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #13
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114151 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

8-8

Hey dude, where's the "none" button??
Old 09-07-2010   #14
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Quote:

I think a bad season now would help in the long run, because it might send Kubiak packing.
Yeah, wishing for failure is always a cool thing to do.........

I couldn't disagree with your comments any more if I tried. I've waited for 6 months to see this "sorry ass coached Texans team" get out there and open a can of whoop ass on the league!
Old 09-07-2010   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm just trying to get a consensus on which teams the board think are in a better class than the Texans.
I think this Texans team has as much talent as any team in the NFL. Just dont see any that are clearly better talent wise.

I think they will split with the Dolts.

Tho no game in the NFL is a gimmie I think they are better than everyone else on their schedule accept for the Jets , Ravens and Chargers.

In case of all those teams , I dont think its a talent gap but they seem to struggle with protection against those type of defenses.

I went with 12-4 in the predict the recod thread , Im sticking with that.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

not directed at anyone just having a random thought

I will love the day when teams and fans look at a schedule and say "****, we have to play the Texans" instead of the other way around.

I am really nervous about Opening day... I want to get my hope up but I just don't know when team shows up Jekyl or Hyde

I know it is fun to pick ,but I have to take it week by week.. one injury here and there and the dynamics of the game can really change.

I am usually VERY wrong on my picks , but I will say that we will lose to the Colts on the first game (Secondary really young against Pay-me-a-ton right now)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #17
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

The Ravens are the only team on that list that i would say are legitimately better than us. Sure, the Colts dominate our division, but we can go toe to toe with them every single game. We will have the homefield advantage on the national stage against Baltimore, so i do expect a great game.
Old 09-07-2010   #18
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18579 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
None of the above....

that's my story and I'm sticking with it!

At least until they prove me wrong...
Me too!!
Old 09-07-2010   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224914 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
The Ravens are the only team on that list that i would say are legitimately better than us. Sure, the Colts dominate our division, but we can go toe to toe with them every single game. We will have the homefield advantage on the national stage against Baltimore, so i do expect a great game.
Somebody is going to have to explain the love being given to the Ravens and Jets - two teams that had the same 9-7 record we did last year. The Colts were 14-2 and could have won the two. The Chargers were 13-3. But somehow the Ravens and Jets are the teams to be feared.
Old 09-07-2010   #20
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114151 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

"Realistic" you say. I think "hopeful" is more appropriate in your case given the reasoning you just stated.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read