Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Which is most likely to repeat?
Andre Johnson has another 1500 yard season 46 86.79%
Chris Johnson has another 2000 yard season 3 5.66%
Bret Favre leads the Vikings to the NFC Championship 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Which is most likely to repeat?

1) Andre Johnson has another 1500 yard season?

2) Chris Johnson has another 2000 yard season?

3) Brett Favre leads the Vikings to the NFC Championship game?

Old 09-06-2010   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which is most likely to repeat?

A little bit of a homer call, but AJ for sure. CJ will be lucky to hit 1500, and I think this is the year Favre succumbs to injury. The running game carries the Vikes to the Super Bowl.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010   #3
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ getting 1500.

I could see CJ getting 2000 again though.

Favre is done. Wild-card at best.
Dwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
1) Andre Johnson has another 1500 yard season?

2) Chris Johnson has another 2000 yard season?

3) Brett Favre leads the Vikings to the NFC Championship game?

As a large Texan (Meatloaf) once sang, 2 outta three ain't bad...

I see AJ repeating his 1,500 yard season. I also see Chris Johnson rushing for 2,000 again (although I hope he fails, miserably)... That said, I see a really disappointing season for the Vikings and Favre this season. Not really sure why, but that's my gut....
Old 09-07-2010   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ, for sure, if MS stays healthy!!

CJ is a one year wonder, just like Slaton! Just wait and see.

If Favre's ankle holds up he will continue to be the awesome QB he has always been. Favre has a rare quality that most players miss. He actually LOVES playing the game of football.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think both the Johnson's repeat their success this year.

However Farve is not going to repeat, and before the season is over he will either quit again or be injured and can't play anymore. Either way, this is Farve's last season and I couldn't be happier. I'm tired of hearing his name.
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I think both the Johnson's repeat their success this year.

However Farve is not going to repeat, and before the season is over he will either quit again or be injured and can't play anymore. Either way, this is Farve's last season and I couldn't be happier. I'm tired of hearing his name.
You think? He has gone through this song and dance for what, 6 years now? Retiring at least 3 times? Crying, saying he is done? I am not buying it. Favre is a desperate old man seeking attention.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2010   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see AJ getting another 1500 .... Thats just what he does.

How many 2000 yars seasons have there been in the NFL .. ever ? Just cant see back to back 2000's out of CJ.

Favre has been in the league forever .... last season was one of his best statistical seasons in his career . I could see worse stats but I wouldnt count him nor that team loaded with talent on both sides of the ball out. They got a taste and might just be hungry enough to take the final step.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #9
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with AJ getting another 1500. Does that make me a homer?

While I think CJ will rack up yardage back to back 2k seasons rushing is not going to happen I don't think. There will be too many game plans focused on stopping him. There are too many defenses that will target stopping him and making VY beat them with his arm (or legs too).

I don't see #4 repeating last season. Performance or stats. He's already starting the year gimping. I see this as hampering him all season.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ getting 1500 yards again is certainly the most likely. He has already done it twice in a row, so a third time would not be an anomaly.

CJ will probably get around 2000 all purpose yards this year, but not 2000 yards rushing.

Favre looked great last season, and the Vikings do have a wealth of talent, but I just don't see them winning their division over the Packers. Maybe they will have a resurgence mid-season when Sidney Rice comes back, but I don't see much hope for them making the NFC championship game.
Old 09-07-2010   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Favre.

I hope that with an improved running game/playing with a lead late in games that our passing numbers see a dip.

CJ will not hit 2K yards again. Atleast I don't think he will...That's the least likely IMO.

I can easily see Favre leading the Vikes back to the championship game.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
AJ getting 1500 yards again is certainly the most likely. He has already done it twice in a row, so a third time would not be an anomaly.
Yup, only one of the three in the poll has already done it. Jerry Rice missed doing it by one yard. Marvin Harrison missed doing it four years in a row with a 1413 yd season. We had a running game SS's rookie year and AJ still got his 1500 yds. We didn't rush any less last year it was just less effective.

Quote:
CJ will probably get around 2000 all purpose yards this year, but not 2000 yards rushing.
In contrast this is the list of 2000 yard seasons:

1973: OJ Simpson, Buffalo Bills, 2,003 yards
1984: Eric Dickerson, LA Rams, 2,105 yards
1997: Barry Sanders, Detroit Lions, 2,053 yards
1998: Terrell Davis, Denver Broncos, 2,008 yards
2003: Jamal Lewis, Baltimore Ravens, 2,066 yards
2009: Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans, 2006 yards

Nobody has ever repeated.

Quote:
Favre looked great last season, and the Vikings do have a wealth of talent, but I just don't see them winning their division over the Packers. Maybe they will have a resurgence mid-season when Sidney Rice comes back, but I don't see much hope for them making the NFC championship game.
It could happen but I just don't see Favre having the same year. It was just too anomalous - 1st time in his career to have less than 10 INT's when he hadn't had less than 15 INT's for the 12 years prior.
Old 09-07-2010   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
In contrast this is the list of 2000 yard seasons:

1973: OJ Simpson, Buffalo Bills, 2,003 yards
1984: Eric Dickerson, LA Rams, 2,105 yards
1997: Barry Sanders, Detroit Lions, 2,053 yards
1998: Terrell Davis, Denver Broncos, 2,008 yards
2003: Jamal Lewis, Baltimore Ravens, 2,066 yards
2009: Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans, 2006 yards

Nobody has ever repeated.
Don't forget OJ did it in 14 games.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #14
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

I think CJ is the only one not to repeat.
Old 09-07-2010   #15
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
AJ, for sure, if MS stays healthy!!

CJ is a one year wonder, just like Slaton! Just wait and see.

If Favre's ankle holds up he will continue to be the awesome QB he has always been. Favre has a rare quality that most players miss. He actually LOVES playing the game of football.

It might've been just because its preseason(most likely scenario), but it seems like Favre is really just going through the motions and doing this for the team. It just seems like the fire isn't there, but i'll see for sure on thursday.

And to answer the question, it's AJ, just because the odds are simply much greater than CJ getting 2000.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
We had a running game SS's rookie year and AJ still got his 1500 yds. We didn't rush any less last year it was just less effective.
We were also playing from behind a lot during those years.

Throwing to get back into games.
And honestly, I'm hoping that our running game as a whole is more productive than it was in SS rookie season.

I'd love for AJ to get 1500 again, but if we're winning games this year and trying to pound the rock late in ball games/in the second half then I could see our passing numbers taking a hit. That'd be fine with me.

In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a few games where AJ and some of the other starters get to rest.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010   #17
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

CJ isnt going to get 2000 again. I like the poster that says he will be lucky to get 1500. CJ will get 1500 by game 13 unless he gets injured. CJ is the real deal, he isnt a one year wonder, as he has done it for 2 years now. 1 year wonders dont rush for 2000 yards.

But AJ getting 1500 for a 3rd season isnt likely either. That has never happened.

Both Schaub and AJ's yardage numbers will be down in 2010.

Favre will be hurt this season and the Vikings will not repeat in the NFC Championship.

SheTexan... get with the times.. The Key on CJ and make VY beat you with his arm and legs business has been tried and didnt work. Every team on the Titans schedule last season knew what was coming and still couldnt stop it. When VY need to throw to beat a team, he did. VY is for real.. its time to accept that and just move on.

B U T ... to answer the question... AJ getting 1500 is the most likely even to happen.
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL View Post
B U T ... to answer the question... AJ getting 1500 is the most likely even to happen.
Ha-haaaa....

It took a while, but I finally started a thread where The NFL said something positive about the Texans.

Thank you (bows) Thank you (bows)

Thank you very much...
Old 09-08-2010   #19
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

I say positive things all the time.
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #20
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Ha-haaaa....

It took a while, but I finally started a thread where The NFL said something positive about the Texans.

Thank you (bows) Thank you (bows)

Thank you very much...
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL View Post
I say positive things all the time.
I think you missed the key modifier of his statement.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read