Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: should i make one every game
yes 24 51.06%
no 23 48.94%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2010   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans vs Colts breakdown by SIAB

Game #1

Texans vs. Colts breakdown

Texans are looking for there first win of the season. What a better way to start off the season by beating the Colts. We are an embarrassing 1 and 15 against the colts, and
The only win ever recorded was off the foot of Kris Brown. Who was cut after the last preseason game against the Buccaneers. The Texans hope to be a playoff caliber team this year. To do this you must beat the best and to do that you must start by beating the colts. This will not be easy for 3 reasons on both side of the ball

Offence

1. Will we be able to run the ball
2. There must be no turnovers
3. Can we give Schaub enough time to throw

Defense
1. Can we apply pass rush on manning
2. Can K. Jackson keep up with there offence
3. Who will take Brian’s spot at Line Backer

If the Texans want to succeed.. The Texans must do does things

Houston’s Passing Game vs. Indy’s Pass D

To get the run game started they will most likely have to throw the ball which is no easy task. Because In this game veteran Bob Sanders returns to the colts. This has to give nightmares to the offensive line and Matt Schaub. Not to forget about
D. Freeney. Who reminds me of Mario Williams this tag team must be stopped if we want to win the game if we can handle them I am 100% positive Schaub will put up great numbers.

Houston’s Running Game vs. Indy’s Run D

Like I previously said in the last section “We must pass the ball to run the ball.”
Don’t get me wrong Arian Foster looks to me like a every down back. But the colts I believe will be able to stop the run. If we start out and control the clock bye passing and stopping the colts on defense. We should be able to run it at will. Arian should start off the year with 100+ yards.

Indy’s Running Game vs. Houston’s Run D

The Texans rush defense looked decent in preseason. I expect the colts to throw the ball more then trying to run because there run game is one of the worse in the league, and the Texans secondary is a mess this being said. I expect the Texans to keep the colts less than 120 yards total rushing.

Indy’s Passing Game vs. Houston’s Pass D

This is where we must take a stand. K. Jackson our rookie corner out of Alabama is
going too bullied. The Texans defensive line must stand up and knock Manning to ground. The more pressure the better. Pollard must be ready to step up and defend our home turf this is what will win us the game pressure and turnovers so Schaub
can work his magic

I TOOK THIS IDEA FROM LORK 88

POSITION BATTLE
QB Advantage: PUSH
RB Advantage: HOUSTON
WR Advantage: PUSH
TE Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS
OL Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS
DL Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS
LB Advantage: PUSH
CB Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS
S Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS
K/P Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS
RET Advantage: HOUSTON

FINAL SCORE

TEXANS 31
COLTS 28

If you want me to write my thoughts before every game post here and put yes in the poll thanks!
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010   #2
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Colts breakdown by SIAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
Game #1

Texans vs. Colts Breakdown

Texans are looking for their first win of the season. What a better way to start off the season than by beating the Colts. We are an embarrassing 1 and 15 against the colts, and the only win ever recorded was off the foot of Kris Brown, who was cut after the last preseason game against the Buccaneers. The Texans hope to be a playoff caliber team this year. To do this they must beat the best, and to do that, they must start by beating the Colts. This will not be easy for three reasons on both side of the ball.

Offense

1. Will we be able to run the ball?
2. There must be no turnovers.
3. Can we give Schaub enough time to throw?

Defense
1. Can we apply an adequate pass rush on Manning?
2. Can K. Jackson keep up with their offense?
3. Who will take Brian’s spot at linebacker?

If the Texans want to succeed, they must do these things.

Houston’s Passing Game vs. Indy’s Pass D

To get the run game started they will most likely have to throw the ball which is no easy task. Because, in this game, veteran Bob Sanders returns to the Colts. This has to give nightmares to the offensive line and Matt Schaub not even mentioning D. Freeney, who reminds me of Mario Williams. This tag team must be stopped if we want to win the game. If we can handle them I am 100% positive Schaub will put up great numbers.

Nicely done SIAB. Continue with the improvement. Sorry I got tired of editing. When you make it big as a sports writer, I can be your editor. Keep doing this, it is good practice for you.

Edit: "Must spread rep around..."
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i like it. i'm gonna look forward to seeing one of these every week
Old 09-06-2010   #4
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks and for the ones who dont like please post why it can only help me
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010   #5
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

SIAB, I must say this is the best written piece Ive seen of yours, and by best, I mean puncuation and grammar.

Rep my friend.
Old 09-06-2010   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Repped!

However, I think a little differently:

POSITION BATTLE
QB Advantage: PUSH - PUSH
RB Advantage: HOUSTON - HTN
WR Advantage: PUSH - HTN
TE Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS - HTN (we use more TEs)
OL Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS - HTN (they lost a starter)
DL Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS - HTN
LB Advantage: PUSH - PUSH
CB Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS - PUSH
S Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS - INDY
K/P Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS - INDY (but it shouldn't matter, IMO)
RET Advantage: HOUSTON - HTN

Final Score:
Texans 31 Indy 24
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Your best work yet I would say. Nice job.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2010   #8
Coach Kevin
Coach Kevin

Rep Power: 75 Coach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respectedCoach Kevin is a quality contributor and well respected

`good insight
never hurts to see thru someone else eyes
Old 09-06-2010   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post

FINAL SCORE

TEXANS 31
COLTS 28

If you want me to write my thoughts before every game post here and put yes in the poll thanks!
If it's that close (31-28) Texans lose. As CarrBombed mentioned (and I happen to agree with), the Texans need to get out to a fast start and get up by a couple of scores. I'm thinking the final should be like 31-17, or somewhere in that neighborhood.
Old 09-06-2010   #10
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

24-17 Texans (INT by Glover Quin seals deal)
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010   #11
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I lyke tis reveeow bi SIAB.
Old 09-06-2010   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Schaub as much as the next guy, but the advantage will go to Indy until Manning shows decline. That guy is the #1 guy behind center
Old 09-06-2010   #13
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22889 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

First game of the season - the new rule change positioning the umpire behind the offensive backfield will impact the Colt's offense. Advantage Houston.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
First game of the season - the new rule change positioning the umpire behind the offensive backfield will impact the Colt's offense. Advantage Houston.
Not really.. Peyton will work the refs over. Bottom line, no advantage there. The Texans need to get out to a strong start and be able to run the ball.. I suspect, or should I say expect a two score win by the Texans..
Old 09-06-2010   #15
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Peyton has already pushed the envelope on the new rule in PRESEASON. Dude knows
the boundaries, and he's gonna find ways to turn it into an advantage.

Get this straight:
You have to BEAT Manning. He just doesn't make unforced mistakes.
The Texans can't depend on any "luck." They are gonna have to remain
locked in for 60 minutes to have ANY chance at winning. Fifty-nine minutes
and fifty-nine seconds won't cut it.

PLAY 60!
Old 09-06-2010   #16
Ckw

Nice job SIAB. Much better than your old stuff that is for sure.

Funny that none of the people that voted no one this poll have responded and given their reasons why. ALWAYS make polls public. This keeps people accountable instead of just anonymously bashing someone and then not being open about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Repped!

However, I think a little differently:

POSITION BATTLE
QB Advantage: PUSH - PUSH We are talking about Peyton Manning, right? Yes, Schaub is great, but Manning is a HOF. Advantage Indy.
RB Advantage: HOUSTON - HTN Agreed. We have the edge.
WR Advantage: PUSH - HTN Agree here as well.
TE Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS - HTN (we use more TEs) More TEs means nothing. It comes down to Dallas Clark vs Owen Daniels who may not even play and is coming off an injury. Advantage Indy.
OL Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS - HTN (they lost a starter) Agreed.
DL Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS - HTN Mathis & Freeney > Mario & Antonio. Advantage Indy.
LB Advantage: PUSH - PUSH If Cushing were playing, we have the edge. Since he isn't, I will agree with it being a push.
CB Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS - PUSH Agreed.
S Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS - INDY Agreed.
K/P Advantage: INDIANAPOLIS - INDY (but it shouldn't matter, IMO) I'd actually give us the advantage. Everyone remembers Vinatieri for what he was with New England. Frankly, he isn't anywhere close to the kicker he used to be.
RET Advantage: HOUSTON - HTN Agreed.

Final Score:
Texans 31 Indy 24 Sounds good to me.
Interesting. Not sure I would agree but interesting. My responses in blue.

I'd honestly say this game comes down to the run game surprisingly. If we can run the ball effectively, I think we win the game as this is the area we have the biggest edge. The key to beating Peyton Manning is to keep him from having time to be Peyton Manning. We need to control the clock and hold onto the football. Indy isn't great up the middle as well so we have to be able to keep Freeney and Mathis honest by not letting them just constantly blitz us and knock Matt around. Run it up the gut and keep them guessing. When they least expect it, air it out to Andre.
Old 09-06-2010   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

it wont be that close ... esp if Houston plans to run the ball alot with Foster and slaton we will try and run the ball alot

u know what im worried about how will OD pan out hes deff a X factor he was not there last year when we played the colts
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Funny that none of the people that voted no one this poll have responded and given their reasons why. ALWAYS make polls public. This keeps people accountable instead of just anonymously bashing someone and then not being open about it.
I don't anonynously throw anyone under the bus. That said i told SIAb how I felt!! Maybe you didn't catch that!! (????)

PS........... I'm not sure what the question is.......
Old 09-06-2010   #19
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted no because there are already week 1 breakdown threads. This doesn't really add any new insight to what we already have. I'm not trying to be rude, just honest. I think this could have just been added as a message to another thread. Come next Monday, if we don't have a thread going for week 2, then I think it would be great if you made up another one of these.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010   #20
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I don't anonynously throw anyone under the bus. That said i told SIAb how I felt!! Maybe you didn't catch that!! (????)

PS........... I'm not sure what the question is.......
Chill Bill! Maybe you are just kidding (hard to tell sometimes), but I certainly wouldn't be referring to you. You've always been one to give your opinion and not hold back, and I like that.

I was simply stating that I found it interesting that more people voted no on the poll, but no one had commented, until TexCanada did just now, on why they didn't think he should do more of these. No worries though. Was just an observation.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read