Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-05-2010   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Practice Squad set - almost

Via Mark Berman

They have named seven, with room for one more.

center Brett Helms, Offensive tackle Cole Pemberton, defensive tackle Malcom Sheppard, linebacker Isaiah Greenhouse, safety Torri Williams, receiver Bobby Williams and runningback Chris Ogbonnaya.

Interesting about Ogbonnaya. I liked him to the Texans in the late round in the draft last year.

Also - see? No sweat on Sheppard making it to the Psquad.

www.HoustonDiehards.com

Last edited by DiehardChris; 09-05-2010 at 06:45 PM.
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010   #2
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Practice Squad set - almost

Will Booty get picked up or can we put him on the psquad
Old 09-05-2010   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

He is eligible but my guess is they are still weighing their options on a third QB. If nothing else comes up then I bet you're right and it will be JDB finishing up the PSquad.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-05-2010   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Like I said in another thread, the only question mark to me is Helms. Ogbonnaya is a little strange, but not too out there. I would have preferred Bell, but stuff happens.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'm glad Greenhouse made it in some form. Dude was a beast on special teams.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010   #6
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling they have an offer in on Jeremiah Johnson also, and he has not decided which way to go.

I like the PS signings as a whole. Ogbonnaya has the ability to be a RB/FB. He has been a high effort guy, local kid also.

What ever happened to Anthony Aldridge? Last I saw he was with the Redskins.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010   #7
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Will Booty get picked up or can we put him on the psquad
We still have a roster spot and a PS spot, so Booty should get one of those.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-05-2010   #8
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
We still have a roster spot and a PS spot, so Booty should get one of those.
I kinda hope they find another back up-drop Dan-O and keep Booty on the PS.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Aldridge is still a free agent... but as far as psquad RBs, I like Oggy! He'll probably be replaced by Jeremiah when he's healthy though.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-05-2010   #10
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Via Mark Berman

They have named seven, with room for one more.

center Brett Helms, Offensive tackle Cole Pemberton, defensive tackle Malcom Sheppard, linebacker Isaiah Greenhouse, safety Torri Williams, receiver Bobby Williams and runningback Chris Ogbonnaya.

Interesting about Ogbonnaya. I liked him to the Texans in the late round in the draft last year.

Also - see? No sweat on Sheppard making it to the Psquad.
I like the list of players here! I'm glad no one claimed Isaiah, Cole, & Malcolm off waivers!
Old 09-06-2010   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Did we fill the last spot on our PS yet?

Helms is a bit of a head scratcher, I agree with most!
Anybody see him "live" this year?
Did he fill out any?
How big does he look next to the other linemen that we have?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess we reverse the 8th spot for Jerehmiah Johnson?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I guess we reverse the 8th spot for Jerehmiah Johnson?
Johnson's injured. I think they'll look for someone who is ready to go on the field. Nixon will likely go to the PS when Cushing comes off suspension.
Old 09-06-2010   #14
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I thought we'd find a spot on the active roster for Greenhouse because he was such a stud on ST.
Old 09-06-2010   #15
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess the Leinart signing takes Booty off the list for the 8th PS position.

So, who is the likely candidate now?
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic View Post
I guess the Leinart signing takes Booty off the list for the 8th PS position.

So, who is the likely candidate now?
Jeremiah Johnson is my best guess. He was a stud in the preseason.
Old 09-06-2010   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I thought we'd find a spot on the active roster for Greenhouse because he was such a stud on ST.
Greenhouse had 2 tackles and one assist on special teams this preseason. This earns a roster spot and stud status? Am I missing something?
Old 09-06-2010   #18
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Greenhouse had 2 tackles and one assist on special teams this preseason. This earns a roster spot and stud status? Am I missing something?
Come on Lucky, you know its not all about the stat sheet. He was constantly down around the action, and more than once I saw him blow up the new mini-wedge that is allowed.
Old 09-06-2010   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
He is eligible but my guess is they are still weighing their options on a third QB. If nothing else comes up then I bet you're right and it will be JDB finishing up the PSquad.
I think this too, Kubiak will keep a QB is what I am guessing.
Old 09-06-2010   #20
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I didn't know the numbers were that low. I just always noticed him around the ball when we were on special teams.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read