Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-19-2005   #1
texansfan88
All Pro

Default Texans to open up on the Road?

Just looking at Reliant Park's schedule and that first week (Sept 11) is the final week of the Auto Show. All of which happens to be held in the Reliant Parking lots. Do you think that basically puts the Texans on the road week 1 due to the amount of space needed for the car show?
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #2
texansfan88
All Pro

Week 1 9/11-Road
Week 2 9/18
Week 3 9/25
Week 4 10/2
Week 5 10/9
Week 6 10/16 Road/Bye
Week 7 10/23
Week 8 10/30
Week 9 11/6
Week 10 11/13 Road/Bye
Week 11 11/20 Road according to Ravens24X7.com
Week 12 11/27
Week 13 12/4 Possible Road (Big 12 championship the night before)
Week 14 12/11
Week 15 12/18
Week 16 12/25 Possible Road (in prep for Houston Bowl)
Week 17 1/1 Possible Road (in prep for Houston Bowl)

Due to the events at Reliant Stadium/Park this is likely when some of the road games will be.

9/11 has the Auto Show in the parking lots
10/16 has the Home and Garden Show and a Gun show in Reliant Park
11/13 has Disney on Ice in Reliant Stadium
11/20 has Texans @ Ravens according to Ravens24X7.com
12/4 has Big 12 Championship the night before, hard to get things ready for the next game
12/25 Preparation for Houston Bowl, but will likely be a home game that I'll miss unfortunately
1/1 Same situation as Big 12 Championship, it all depends on when they play it
Old 03-19-2005   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I checked that website(www.reliantpark.com)...and that about cements the fact that they will be playing away their first week. The only option for us to have a home opener that I could think of is that they held the ride and drive behind Reliant Convention Center.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Year 1 opener - home
Year 2 opener - away
Year 3 opener - home
Year 4 opener - away

Dallas Cowboys
2004 - away
2003 - home
2002 - away

The cowboys will have home opener

That's why it will be away, they alternate every year for every team (I'm pretty sure)

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #5
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares, we are undefeated in season openers on the road. >_>
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #6
TexansAFCChamps
Rookie

If we do open it up on the road here are our possible road opponents: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Seattle, Buffalo and Tennessee.

I don't see the first game being against a division opponent since it never is.
I believe all week 1 games will will stay in conference. So that leaves Baltimore, Cincy or Buffalo.

I think it will be either Cincy or Baltimore.... What do ya'll think?
TexansAFCChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAFCChamps
If we do open it up on the road here are our possible road opponents: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Seattle, Buffalo and Tennessee.

I believe all week 1 games will will stay in conference. So that leaves Baltimore, Cincy or Buffalo.

Hope its Buffalo, would much rather play up there in September than late in the year.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-19-2005   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Baltimore already has us playing them in November up there. How they got the schedule, I have no idea.

So this leads me to believe that we will be playing at Cincy or Buffalo the first game.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #9
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Year 1 opener - home
Year 2 opener - away
Year 3 opener - home
Year 4 opener - away

Dallas Cowboys
2004 - away
2003 - home
2002 - away

The cowboys will have home opener

That's why it will be away, they alternate every year for every team (I'm pretty sure)
Not true, Miami has had 14 straight home openers
Old 03-19-2005   #10
texansfan88
All Pro

the worst part of it is that means at least 3 straight weeks on the road including preseason...that's a long time not to visit reliant
Old 03-19-2005   #11
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Baltimore already has us playing them in November up there. How they got the schedule, I have no idea.

So this leads me to believe that we will be playing at Cincy or Buffalo the first game.
I asked them to get me the Houston schedule, I'll let you know the results of that.
Old 03-19-2005   #12
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:

My Wish is for Buffalo September still nice, compared to November or December.
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #13
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
I believe all week 1 games will will stay in conference. So that leaves Baltimore, Cincy or Buffalo
2004 Week 1
There were 4 of a possible 16 division games 25% (DET @ CHI, BAL @ CLE, ARZ @ STL, and NYG @ PHI)
There were no games that involved the other conference.

2003 Week 1
There were 4 of a possible 16 division games 25% (NE @ BUF, SD @ KC, BAL @ PIT, and MIN @ GB)

There were 2 of a possible 16 inter-conference games (NYJ @ WAS, and JAX @ CAR)

2002 Week 1
There were 3 of a possible 16 divsion games (IND @ JAX, NYJ @ BUF, and MIN @ CHI)

There were 6 of a possible 16 AFC/NFC games (DAL @ HOU, DET @ MIA, BAL @ CAR, PHI @ TEN, SEA @ OAK, and STL @ DEN)
Old 03-19-2005   #14
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
2004 Week 1
There were 4 of a possible 16 division games 25% (DET @ CHI, BAL @ CLE, ARZ @ STL, and NYG @ PHI)
There were no games that involved the other conference.

2003 Week 1
There were 4 of a possible 16 division games 25% (NE @ BUF, SD @ KC, BAL @ PIT, and MIN @ GB)

There were 2 of a possible 16 inter-conference games (NYJ @ WAS, and JAX @ CAR)

2002 Week 1
There were 3 of a possible 16 divsion games (IND @ JAX, NYJ @ BUF, and MIN @ CHI)

There were 6 of a possible 16 AFC/NFC games (DAL @ HOU, DET @ MIA, BAL @ CAR, PHI @ TEN, SEA @ OAK, and STL @ DEN)

so what your saying is 25% chance playing Divisional opponent, if not an AFC team, so no chance of San Francisco the best 2-14 team of 2004
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #15
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
so what your saying is 25% chance playing Divisional opponent, if not an AFC team, so no chance of San Francisco the best 2-14 team of 2004
What? I was just listing the amount of games that there have been week 1 for the past 3 years. What are you talking about?
Old 03-19-2005   #16
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

We Play the Ravens Week 11... In Baltimore.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #17
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281
Thank you Mr. I didn't read post #2 or #8
Old 03-19-2005   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

that guys funny

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005   #19
texansfan88
All Pro

it's just common courtesy to read everyone's post before stating something else. At least that's how it used to be when the board was first started
Old 03-19-2005   #20
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
it's just common courtesy to read everyone's post before stating something else. At least that's how it used to be when the board was first started
Before criticizing someone it is common courtesy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If you had taken the time to notice, he provided something new by actually giving the direct link to Ravens site.

For others who are also too lazy to click on the link, this is something else from that page:

BREAKING NEWS (5:13PM ~ March 15, 2005): Unnamed sources close to NFL Headquarters have shared the Ravens 2005-06 schedule with Ravens24x7.com. Times and dates are still unofficial pending the scheduling of nationally televised games. Once the TV schedule is set, the NFL will release the official schedule.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read