Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2010   #1
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2010 Houston Texan's Depth Chart

Here is a link to the Texan's post-preseason 2010 Depth Chart. I presume this lineup is not likely to change again prior to opening day, barring a free agent pickup. This is our Houston Texan's team for 2010.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depthchart.asp

A few items that were noteworthy include Wade Smith and Antoine Caldwell being listed as the starters at the two guard positions, and Dorin Dickerson apparently being listed ahead of David Anderson in the WR rotation.

Also, with the addition of Derrick Ward as the third string running back, it seems very possible that the Texans are ready to go with this lineup and could well forgo any additional free agent activity prior to the start of the season. However, I only count 52 players on this depth chart, so they do appear to have room to add one more.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2010 Houston Texan's Depth Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
However, I only count 52 players on this depth chart, so they do appear to have room to add one more.
2 open spots counting the cushing exemption
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here is a link to the Texan's post-preseason 2010 Depth Chart. I presume this lineup is not likely to change again prior to opening day, barring a free agent pickup. This is our Houston Texan's team for 2010.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depthchart.asp

A few items that were noteworthy include Wade Smith and Antoine Caldwell being listed as the starters at the two guard positions, and Dorin Dickerson apparently being listed ahead of David Anderson in the WR rotation.
Also, with the addition of Derrick Ward as the third string running back, it seems very possible that the Texans are ready to go with this lineup and could well forgo any additional free agent activity prior to the start of the season. However, I only count 52 players on this depth chart, so they do appear to have room to add one more.
I think that depth chart reflects that Dickerson plays the exact position the Andre does more than order we will see them in the game. Anderson is really a slot guy whether the Texans are in 3 or 4 WRs.
Old 09-04-2010   #4
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, is this team young, or what?

Not including the kickers, Danny Clark appears to be the oldest player on the team at 33. Kevin Bentley and Eugene Wilson are both 30. Other than those three guys (and the kickers), it does not appear there are any other players on this team that have hit the big 30.

I used ESPN's roster for the Texans for the ages of the players:

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Roster.asp

Young, Young, Young! (And I don't mean Vince Young)
Old 09-04-2010   #5
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I think that depth chart reflects that Dickerson plays the exact position the Andre does more than order we will see them in the game. Anderson is really a slot guy whether the Texans are in 3 or 4 WRs.
You are probably right. But I will not be shocked if Dorin Dickerson gets more playing time this year than David Anderson does.
Old 09-04-2010   #6
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man, is this team young, or what?

Not including the kickers, Danny Clark appears to be the oldest player on the team at 33. Kevin Bentley and Eugene Wilson are both 30. Other than those three guys (and the kickers), it does not appear there are any other players on this team that have hit the big 30.

I used ESPN's roster for the Texans for the ages of the players:

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Roster.asp

Young, Young, Young! (And I don't mean Vince Young)
Derrick Ward turned 30 this past Tuesday.
Old 09-04-2010   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We got three guys listed as long snappers. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2010   #8
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Could we please cut Kasey Studdard and Domonique Barber both of whom sucked in the preseason. It shouldn't be hard to find some guys on the waiver wire to fill their positions. It seems that this is the year that Kubiak isn't afraid to cut some dead weight and or make some changes and shake things up a bit. Both of these guys suck and some change would be nice.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #9
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

I do not believe there is anyone on this depth chart who sucks. Obviously, not everyone on this team has what it takes to be a pro bowler. But this is a capable, solid group of guys from top to bottom.

This team has really come quite a long way since 2006.
Old 09-04-2010   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
We got three guys listed as long snappers. LOL
Long snapping is very, very important.

We're going to field a team of long snappers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love it if we found a SS prospect better than Dominique Barber. That guy scares me with some of the angles he takes.
Old 09-04-2010   #12
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't know how Jesse Nading makes this team. I don't know how he would make the detriot lions either...rams maybe....

...but a guy like Jeremiah Johnson doesn't. Sheppard doesn't, despite obvious woes at DT. Frank Okam made it, I mean occasionally he blows open the OL....but it's like OCCASIONALLY...Jon weeks has a roster spot sooooo I better not see a single messed up snap for a kicker.

Jacques Reeves is a good cut, Andre Davis as well. Looks like Xman Adibi is the starter in place of Cushing. If they signed up Schobel now I might cry, I think the team could use that "one more guy to push us over the top" signing.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
You are probably right. But I will not be shocked if Dorin Dickerson gets more playing time this year than David Anderson does.
He'll probably get as much playing time as Andre Davis got as AJ's primary back-up. Hopefully that means nil.
Old 09-04-2010   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He'll probably get as much playing time as Andre Davis got as AJ's primary back-up. Hopefully that means nil.
This is what I was thinking. Anderson has established his role in the offense. Dickerson is just big and fast at the moment.
Old 09-04-2010   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
This is what I was thinking. Anderson has established his role in the offense. Dickerson is just big and fast at the moment.
Big and fast with good concentration and the ability to make amazing one hand catches.
Old 09-05-2010   #16
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Big and fast with good concentration and the ability to make amazing one hand catches.
Sounds almost like the second coming of Andre Johnson. I hope that is right. We should be so lucky.
Old 09-05-2010   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Quote:
Sounds almost like the second coming of Andre Johnson. I hope that is right. We should be so lucky.
Might need to slow down a bit..well really a whole lot.

Maybe I need to go back and look at the pre-season games again, but dude looked a really big and fast guy who made 1 great catch, but overall looked like a athletic guy trying to figure it out. We would be lucky if his career is good as Walter or Jacoby. If turns into another Andre Johnson that is winning the Powerball, not just norm good furtune.
Old 09-05-2010   #18
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I just don't know how Jesse Nading makes this team. I don't know how he would make the detriot lions either...rams maybe....

...but a guy like Jeremiah Johnson doesn't. Sheppard doesn't, despite obvious woes at DT. Frank Okam made it, I mean occasionally he blows open the OL....but it's like OCCASIONALLY...Jon weeks has a roster spot sooooo I better not see a single messed up snap for a kicker.

Jacques Reeves is a good cut, Andre Davis as well. Looks like Xman Adibi is the starter in place of Cushing. If they signed up Schobel now I might cry, I think the team could use that "one more guy to push us over the top" signing.
Johnson is hurt and out for 6 weeks, they are gambling that a team will not sign him for a roster spot because he can not play. They plan on signing him to the PS and then activating him when he is healthy.

Had he not dislocated his toe he would be on this team.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Might need to slow down a bit..well really a whole lot.

Maybe I need to go back and look at the pre-season games again, but dude looked a really big and fast guy who made 1 great catch, but overall looked like a athletic guy trying to figure it out. We would be lucky if his career is good as Walter or Jacoby. If turns into another Andre Johnson that is winning the Powerball, not just norm good furtune.
I'm not saying that Dorin Dickerson is the next Andre Johnson or that he'll be taking Jacoby Jones' spot this year or anything. He's just got a lot of potential. He showed really good concentration in making that 1 handed catch. He also ran the end around pretty well and he's made some other decent plays this preseason.

With some work, he could turn out to be something special but he's not there, yet.
Old 09-05-2010   #20
D-Frank
Veteran

Rep Power: 97 D-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedD-Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Dorin is very talented, but needs a couple of yrs to put it together as far as playin WR in the NFL. had at least 2 balls he shoulda caught going over the middle this past game, being more consistant every down comes with experience obviously. i think he can do it if he wants to, barring off field issues we arent aware of, i dont think it will take near as long to develop him compared to Jacoby.
D-Frank is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read