Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

per espn Leinhart released today

I was just about to post this. I saw the breaking news on ESPN as well.
They said he was "expected" to be released today from the Cardinals today. I'm sure someone will pick him up.

You know, I find it weird that in the entire QB class of 2006, the only QBs left standing (as starters) are Cutler and VY, and neither are exactly studs at this point.

Well, depending how well Whitehurst does in Seattle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/04/peter-king-floats-possibility-of-leinart-in-houston/

Sports Illustrated's Peter King, with whom Mike Florio will presumably share "the big-boy table" at halftime of today's Notre Dame-Purdue game, interestingly floated on Twitter Saturday the possibility of waived quarterback Matt Leinart resurfacing in Houston.

The presumption, to this point, has been that Leinart's obvious landing spot is Seattle. The Seahawks left the door open for that possibility by releasing J.P. Losman on Saturday. Pete Carroll's club has just two quarterbacks on the 53-man roster -- Matt Hasselbeck and Charlie Whitehurst.

But the Texans also have just two QBs, having waived John David Booty. Their backup, Dan Orlosvky, is also coming off a forgettable effort in Houston's preseason finale.

The starters in both locales, Matt Schaub and Hasselbeck, are not considered to be among the NFL's most durable quarterbacks.

Nobody wanted to trade for him, but perhaps there will be a market for Leinart's services, after all.

matt-leinart-jeopardy.jpg

Might as well post it here, Miami released QB Pat White today as well. I always thought he could do well in the right situation. You guys think maybe the Texans might look at him? I think he could work out really well, that Slaton + White duo in CFB was pretty damn good.

I've never been impressed with Lienart.

When I saw David Anderson playing with the ones, I figured he was going to be benched.

Can't remember his name, but that third string guy looked as if he would challenge for the back-up spot.

:kitten: All the "big time" once regarded college QBs cut.

Leinart
Troy Smith
Pat White
Rhett Bomar

I've never been impressed with Lienart.

When I saw David Anderson playing with the ones, I figured he was going to be benched.

Can't remember his name, but that third string guy looked as if he would challenge for the back-up spot.

Skelton looked really good in the preseason.

Might as well post it here, Miami released QB Pat White today as well. I always thought he could do well in the right situation. You guys think maybe the Texans might look at him? I think he could work out really well, that Slaton + White duo in CFB was pretty damn good.

I have to admit, I expected the Texans to take a shot at Pat White in the middle rounds of that draft. They worked him out and went to his pro day.

I'm intrigued but this but I see him as a luxury and it's not a luxury I think we can afford right now.

to play the what if scenario. If Shaub went down

how would Winston look , if he were to protect Matt's backside?

to play the what if scenario. If Shaub went down

how would Winston look , if he were to protect Matt's backside?

I don't know.

Most likely opposing defenses aren't going to start moving around their pass rushers so he'd probably still be going against the same DE's he's been going against.

I wouldnt mind bringing him in although i think he goes to Seattle.

If Pete Carroll can turn bust Mike Williams around maybe he can do wonders for Leinart.

Nobody knows him better.

I wouldnt mind bringing him in although i think he goes to Seattle.

If Pete Carroll can turn bust Mike Williams around maybe he can do wonders for Leinart.

Nobody knows him better.

Carroll has Whitehurst, who looks to be the heir apparent so far. What would he do with Lienart?

Carroll has Whitehurst, who looks to be the heir apparent so far. What would he do with Lienart?

Yeah, I don't understand the Lienart to Seattle talk except that he'd like to be reunited with his old head coach. He's not going to start there and they've already invested too much in Whitehurst to add another.

I would much rather bring in Troy Smith or Levi Brown

A question for those who said we should bring Leinert in: Are you guys aware that he would cost us $2.5 million this year, and $7 (yes, SEVEN) million next year? On top of that, Gary would have to deal with that I-don't-care-California-quarterback attitude that we have seen around here before.

Hell to the no.

A question for those who said we should bring Leinert in: Are you guys aware that he would cost us $2.5 million this year, and $7 (yes, SEVEN) million next year? On top of that, Gary would have to deal with that I-don't-care-California-quarterback attitude that we have seen around here before.

Hell to the no.

If he clears waivers, the old contract is not the new teams responsibility. You can sign him a one year deal for the vet min.

Seattle? Maybe that's why Alex Gibbs suddenly quit. :bubble:

I don't want this guy anywhere near the Texans. We already have a backup QB who's won as many NFL starts since 2007 as Leinart (0), but at least he knows our system.

He had that team handed to him on a silver platter. Twice. And blew it. Yes, I want someone other than O-fer-lovsky backing up Schaub, but Leinart's not the answer.

Matt brings the same ability to not win games as Dan, but in ADDITIONAL a me first, lazy attitude and no knowledge of the playbook and system!

Yeah, no thanks.

There is no freaking way Leinhart comes here with his "Find the ****ing Ball" Attitude. Andre would kick his ass for that statement. Hey Bonehead throw the ball to the reciever.

There is no freaking way Leinhart comes here with his "Find the ****ing Ball" Attitude. Andre would kick his ass for that statement. Hey Bonehead throw the ball to the reciever.

Yeah, the guy is a doosh bag. Big time.

When we played the Cards in the preseason, the Cards' announcers on TV were showing a photo of Leinart with his offensive line in Hawaii. They were aboard some yacht, and it was the weirdest photo ever--Nobody looked like they wanted to be there. The expression on their faces was priceless. My theory is the o-line didn't like him, but hey--They got a free trip out of it.

And now the guy was flat-out CUT. And this is after he made the outrageous statements the past few days about how "I am just trying to get answers but nobody will say anything." Well, duh! Because they were going to CUT you!

LOL.

I bet nobody picks him up. He's Ryan Leaf with better looks.

As a Public Service Announcement, I'd just like to point out that there is no h(e)art in Leinart.

:D

Pete Carroll/Seattle doesn't want Matt Leinart
-----------
pixel.gif

Citing "persons close to the team," Clark Judge of CBS Sports reports that the Seahawks have no intentions of pursing free agent Matt Leinart.

"It almost surely isn't going to happen," writes Judge. The 'Hawks reportedly don't want to "block" Charlie Whitehurst, who remains the team's QB of the future despite an uninspiring first preseason with the club. Judge expects Seattle to carry just two quarterbacks all year. This would seem to make Houston the most likely landing spot for Leinart. The Texans have not been pleased with Dan Orlovsky, and were unable to bring back Sage Rosenfels.
------------
Free agent QB Matt Leinart was reportedly "unable to win over his teammates" in Arizona.

The former Cardinals' QB is going to find work, but all indication are that he just doesn't have the leadership abilities to be a starting NFL QB. He's going to need to make some major changes both on the field and in the locker room if he wants to be successful. We don't see that happening.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=180726&id=3138

This would seem to make Houston the most likely landing spot for Leinart. The Texans have not been pleased with Dan Orlovsky, and were unable to bring back Sage Rosenfels.
------------
Free agent QB Matt Leinart was reportedly "unable to win over his teammates" in Arizona.

The former Cardinals' QB is going to find work, but all indication are that he just doesn't have the leadership abilities to be a starting NFL QB. He's going to need to make some major changes both on the field and in the locker room if he wants to be successful. We don't see that happening.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=180726&id=3138

How does this make him a fit in Houston?

-----------
pixel.gif

Citing "persons close to the team," Clark Judge of CBS Sports reports that the Seahawks have no intentions of pursing free agent Matt Leinart.

"It almost surely isn't going to happen," writes Judge. The 'Hawks reportedly don't want to "block" Charlie Whitehurst, who remains the team's QB of the future despite an uninspiring first preseason with the club. Judge expects Seattle to carry just two quarterbacks all year. This would seem to make Houston the most likely landing spot for Leinart. The Texans have not been pleased with Dan Orlovsky, and were unable to bring back Sage Rosenfels.
------------

Sounds like WHNSNBM part deux,now why would we want him?

Back