Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-04-2010   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default per espn Leinhart released today

Yep the Red Birds are done with him
Old 09-04-2010   #2
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: per espn Leinhart released today

I was just about to post this. I saw the breaking news on ESPN as well.
They said he was "expected" to be released today from the Cardinals today. I'm sure someone will pick him up.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #3
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, I find it weird that in the entire QB class of 2006, the only QBs left standing (as starters) are Cutler and VY, and neither are exactly studs at this point.

Well, depending how well Whitehurst does in Seattle.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #4
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90373 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinhart has the talent to be a star, but not the heart.

He's always been in it for the chicks and money.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #5
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rt-in-houston/

Sports Illustrated's Peter King, with whom Mike Florio will presumably share "the big-boy table" at halftime of today's Notre Dame-Purdue game, interestingly floated on Twitter Saturday the possibility of waived quarterback Matt Leinart resurfacing in Houston.

The presumption, to this point, has been that Leinart's obvious landing spot is Seattle. The Seahawks left the door open for that possibility by releasing J.P. Losman on Saturday. Pete Carroll's club has just two quarterbacks on the 53-man roster -- Matt Hasselbeck and Charlie Whitehurst.

But the Texans also have just two QBs, having waived John David Booty. Their backup, Dan Orlosvky, is also coming off a forgettable effort in Houston's preseason finale.

The starters in both locales, Matt Schaub and Hasselbeck, are not considered to be among the NFL's most durable quarterbacks.

Nobody wanted to trade for him, but perhaps there will be a market for Leinart's services, after all.
Old 09-04-2010   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #7
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Who is Leinhart? LMAO
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2010   #8
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Might as well post it here, Miami released QB Pat White today as well. I always thought he could do well in the right situation. You guys think maybe the Texans might look at him? I think he could work out really well, that Slaton + White duo in CFB was pretty damn good.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #9
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Yep the Red Birds are done with him
RT@ajtexans

Peter King says Matt Leinart to Seattle or Houston. Leinart officially released today.

EDIT: Crap, didn't see AT post it.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I've never been impressed with Lienart.

When I saw David Anderson playing with the ones, I figured he was going to be benched.

Can't remember his name, but that third string guy looked as if he would challenge for the back-up spot.
Old 09-04-2010   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to take a look at Matt.

I think he could be a decent back-up
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #12
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

All the "big time" once regarded college QBs cut.

Leinart
Troy Smith
Pat White
Rhett Bomar
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I've never been impressed with Lienart.

When I saw David Anderson playing with the ones, I figured he was going to be benched.

Can't remember his name, but that third string guy looked as if he would challenge for the back-up spot.
Skelton looked really good in the preseason.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Might as well post it here, Miami released QB Pat White today as well. I always thought he could do well in the right situation. You guys think maybe the Texans might look at him? I think he could work out really well, that Slaton + White duo in CFB was pretty damn good.
I have to admit, I expected the Texans to take a shot at Pat White in the middle rounds of that draft. They worked him out and went to his pro day.

I'm intrigued but this but I see him as a luxury and it's not a luxury I think we can afford right now.
Old 09-04-2010   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

to play the what if scenario. If Shaub went down

how would Winston look , if he were to protect Matt's backside?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't know.

Most likely opposing defenses aren't going to start moving around their pass rushers so he'd probably still be going against the same DE's he's been going against.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #17
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Don't Even Bring That Up!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #18
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldnt mind bringing him in although i think he goes to Seattle.

If Pete Carroll can turn bust Mike Williams around maybe he can do wonders for Leinart.

Nobody knows him better.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
I wouldnt mind bringing him in although i think he goes to Seattle.

If Pete Carroll can turn bust Mike Williams around maybe he can do wonders for Leinart.

Nobody knows him better.
Carroll has Whitehurst, who looks to be the heir apparent so far. What would he do with Lienart?
Old 09-04-2010   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Carroll has Whitehurst, who looks to be the heir apparent so far. What would he do with Lienart?
Yeah, I don't understand the Lienart to Seattle talk except that he'd like to be reunited with his old head coach. He's not going to start there and they've already invested too much in Whitehurst to add another.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read