Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-03-2010   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Crappy food

Not sure if correct forum but..
My son called me yesterday afternoon as he had scored a free ticket to Tampa Bay game as his room mate's friend had cancelled at last minute. No time to eat before game so he shells out six dollars for cheese nachos that turned out cold and chips were not fresh. He is hungry so he shells out for a hamburger which he said was worse he has ever had. At least he enjoyed the game and fans. I should have referred him to some of my buddies tailgaiting!
Old 09-03-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Crappy food

3rd string concession workers also?
Old 09-03-2010   #3
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Right! I worked late and didn't arrive until well into the second quarter. Being hungry, I decided on the Texas Cheese Steak. That was the worst sandwich I've had in my life.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #4
Miggsy
Tyrone Biggums

Rep Power: 41 Miggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
3rd string concession workers also?
Well done sir
Miggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggsy View Post
Well done sir
Don't give JB too much credit. As a fan, he should be cut or at least placed on waivers!
Old 09-03-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Don't give JB too much credit. As a fan, he should be cut or at least placed on waivers!
Would I be Practice Squad elgible?
Old 09-03-2010   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The only halfway decent thing to eat at Reliant is the giant pretzel...but only if they are fresh.

Otherwise, it's best to go hungry and save your money for some good grub on the way home.
Old 09-03-2010   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The last time I was at a game, I decided to go thirsty instead of buying a $5 bottle of water.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303257 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The only halfway decent thing to eat at Reliant is the giant pretzel...but only if they are fresh.

Otherwise, it's best to go hungry and save your money for some good grub on the way home.
Exactly. Either tailgate food or food outside the stadium. What's the status on Mai's?
Old 09-03-2010   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Would I be Practice Squad elgible?
Sure. Sitting from your hotel room watching us big boys play the game. Or at least we don't lose our tickets, anyway.
Old 09-03-2010   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

FF are pretty good, without the chili and stuff. Just plain old FFs. I rarely eat inside Reliant, but, on occassion I've tasted some of my kids food they buy there. BBQ baked pot was ok, as was the foot long my granddaughter got last night. But, considering she has a hot dog with her ketchup I doubt she knew the diff between good and bad.

They do have specials this year. 2$ bottle of water I can go for.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Exactly. Either tailgate food or food outside the stadium. What's the status on Mai's?
Their website says "Returning Fall 2010"!!!

I can't tell you how many times that I've defaulted to Mai's when my wife asks me about going out to eat, only to feel disappointment each time when the realization hits.
Old 09-03-2010   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
FF are pretty good, without the chili and stuff. Just plain old FFs. I rarely eat inside Reliant, but, on occassion I've tasted some of my kids food they buy there. BBQ baked pot was ok, as was the foot long my granddaughter got last night. But, considering she has a hot dog with her ketchup I doubt she knew the diff between good and bad.

They do have specials this year. 2$ bottle of water I can go for.
Baked pot... Wait, what??!?!?
Old 09-03-2010   #14
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

In 82 home games, 2 all access and one open house, I've never bought food at Reliant. And probably never will.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
In 82 home games, 2 all access and one open house, I've never bought food at Reliant. And probably never will.
This past Saturday, I had my first ever food from Reliant that wasn't a bag of peanuts. I had Kathryn (TedC's wife) chase me down a chili cheese dog. It was freakin' awesome!! Then again, I had the drunk version of the munchies, so who knows. On a normal day, it was probably disgusting...
Old 09-03-2010   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

the one time i went and got club level seats i talked my way into a free double crown and coke from the nice lady working one of those bars in the main lounge area. best thing i've ever had at the stadium.
Old 09-03-2010   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
the one time i went and got club level seats i talked my way into a free double crown and coke from the nice lady working one of those bars in the main lounge area. best thing i've ever had at the stadium.
Give me the secret!!!
Old 09-03-2010   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Give me the secret!!!
The secret..... Don't lose your ticket!!!
Old 09-04-2010   #19
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
This past Saturday, I had my first ever food from Reliant that wasn't a bag of peanuts. I had Kathryn (TedC's wife) chase me down a chili cheese dog. It was freakin' awesome!! Then again, I had the drunk version of the munchies, so who knows. On a normal day, it was probably disgusting...
I'm thinking this is the same experience I had with the Lucky Dog at 3:00 am in Nawlin's. It was great.

If eaten sober....not so much.
Old 09-04-2010   #20
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

After cooking Fish and Parrot not to eat anything till I got in I had a hot Nachos Grande that was awesome. Me and Billy had to eat something. I will spend the rest of the week scraping the colesteral off my arteries.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read