Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who will get the start?
Adibi 24 50.00%
Bentley 7 14.58%
Sharpton 17 35.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2010   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default SLB in Cushings Absence?

Who you got?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SLB in Cushings Absence?

I'm going with Adibi. He looked good last night...

He got juked in the open field one time, but other than that I really like his aggressiveness and how he played downhill.

Also, I think that by him starting the night off in that position was basically Kubes way of saying that it was his spot to lose.

I don't think he did anything to lose it.

Quote:
X marks the spot: Linebacker Xavier Adibi made his preseason debut after missing several weeks with a groin injury. He finished with four tackles.

"It looked impressive, what (Adibi) did," Kubiak said. "I thought he played pretty good. I wanted him to play 25-30 snaps. We'll go see where he's at. What I thought I saw was pretty good, so that's nice that we have that option again."

Adibi is one of the leading candidates to start at strongside linebacker during Cushing's suspension.

"There's definitely a chance," Kubiak said. "He was option one when we started camp. He missed camp; there's nothing you can do about that. Can he still be the guy? Yes, he can."
Old 09-03-2010   #3
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Adibi looks much more like a WIL than a SAM, but he played with intensity last night and has excellent athleticism.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd put Diles at SLB and Adibi at WLB. Adibi is good he's just got trouble staying healthy and hopefully he can hold it together for 4 games.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't even think Kubiak knows yet. They might stick with a rotation until somebody can step up. Adibi made a few decent plays, but made up for them with bad plays (missed tackles, blocked out of plays). If Clark makes the roster then it'll be clear to me that they think he's the answer. Right now, the spot's still up for grabs, IMO.

I wouldn't move Diles anywhere. He's done nothing but secure his spot at the WILL and I wouldn't want to take the chance at messing that up.
Old 09-03-2010   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

I'm actually kind of surprised no one has picked Either sharpton or Bentley yet.
Old 09-03-2010   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

I don't think this will be as big of an issue against the Colts as I see us playing Nickel most of the game.

I haven't noticed, but who has been getting the LB reps in Nickel next to Demeco? Diles?
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2010   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't think this will be as big of an issue against the Colts as I see us playing Nickel most of the game.

I haven't noticed, but who has been getting the LB reps in Nickel next to Demeco? Diles?
Cushing. D-Ryans and Cush are the nickel LBs
Old 09-03-2010   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Cushing. D-Ryans and Cush are the nickel LBs
Yeah I know that Cush has been the other LB in Nickel, but they haven't played anyone else there in the pre-season?

Since Cushing is going to be out I would have thought that they would have given someone else some tick in Nickel...

Maybe they will just go with Diles until Cushing returns...Or maybe they rotate...
Old 09-03-2010   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

It's not really related, but Monty Beisel was cut from the Cards. He's a decent LB
Old 09-03-2010   #11
datchapin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2013 datchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with Bentley. He knows the system, is a consistent tackler, and I mean c'mon you can't deny he has the coolest name. Joking aside, Adibi last yr. was really burned in the pre-season and while he played decent last night he hasn't been consistent enough where I would put him over Bentley. Sharpton has played well, but due to his size and being a rookie, I wouldn't put him out there in real life action just yet.

I really like Bentley's discipline. He's really good at wrapping up and taking his guy down. Nothing showy just gets the job done.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with Bentley only because what I've seen of him in regular games as opposed to Adibi and Sharpton has been solid if unspectacular. Either way though, it's going to hurt the defense.

DAMN YOU HCG!
Old 09-03-2010   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Sharpton is the next best LB on this team & should be inserted regardless of position. He is always around the ball, very productive, consistant & brings starter type intangibles. Adibi is too inconsistant, Bentley doesn't have the speed anymore & will get toasted by Manning.

Everyone is getting too hung up with position. Bottom line put your best LB's in regardless where they line up. I really would like to see DeMeco get a shot to play some SAM & apply his coverage & pass rushing skills, which would be a much better match-up against Peyton. Let Sharpton stay home & do the ditry work inside, plug the holes & take responsiblity for the middle of the field, his special skill is abiltiy to shed, avoid trash inside with a nose for the ball in space.
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been a pretty big Sharpton proponent but I voted for Adibi.

I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of rotation to get Sharpton some experience but get Adibi and Bentley in there on a situational basis.

Eventually, I think Sharpton surpasses Adibi (and possibly Diles) but I don't think he's quite there, yet.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #15
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody's better than Morlon Greenwood, which is who Cushing
replaced. He even took the guy's number. Either way, Cushing's
replacement is better than our SAM option in '08.
Old 09-03-2010   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

4 those who picked Adibi do you actually beleive he can stay healthy four games?
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sharpton
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
4 those who picked Adibi do you actually beleive he can stay healthy four games?
Ride him until he gets injured. Hopefully that gives us a little more time to get Sharpton up to speed.

I just don't want to trot Sharpton out in front of Peyton in Sharpton's first pro game.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Sharpton is the next best LB on this team & should be inserted regardless of position. He is always around the ball, very productive, consistant & brings starter type intangibles. Adibi is too inconsistant, Bentley doesn't have the speed anymore & will get toasted by Manning.

Everyone is getting too hung up with position. Bottom line put your best LB's in regardless where they line up. I really would like to see DeMeco get a shot to play some SAM & apply his coverage & pass rushing skills, which would be a much better match-up against Peyton. Let Sharpton stay home & do the ditry work inside, plug the holes & take responsiblity for the middle of the field, his special skill is abiltiy to shed, avoid trash inside with a nose for the ball in space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've been a pretty big Sharpton proponent but I voted for Adibi.

I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of rotation to get Sharpton some experience but get Adibi and Bentley in there on a situational basis.

Eventually, I think Sharpton surpasses Adibi (and possibly Diles) but I don't think he's quite there, yet.
I'd like to see Sharpton play up field more.

Not that he can't do it, but as a will you aren't generally playing over the TE, stepping up into him on running plays.

As a Sam, you have to kind of attack the line, wheras if you are the will you are kinda hanging back and closing down the cutback lane. When you play will you will get a lot of tackles after the back has already gained some yards.

I don't recall if he ever played SAM this pre-season, but I'd like to see him do it just so I can get a better visual of him doing so.

Right now, I see a gut who is pretty good in space that knows how to make plays when the ball is in the air. That screams Will to me...But we'll see...
Old 09-03-2010   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
4 those who picked Adibi do you actually believe he can stay healthy four games?
I don't know...

I didn't know if Schaub could stay healthy all year either, but that didn't mean I wanted Sage to start.

Whoever the Texans choose, I hope they go with the best option and not make these type of decisions due to injury concerns.

Heck, if they go with Adibi, and he goes down, just go on to the next man in line.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read