Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-03-2010   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chis Henry waived!?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL

The Texans have reportedly informed RB Chris Henry that he will be waived.

It's a pretty damning statement about Henry's NFL career considering the Texans don't have another healthy back behind Arian Foster. Jeremiah Johnson (toe) will end up making the team, and free agent Derrick Ward could be signed to provide insurance in Week 1.
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chis Henry waived!?

Good news.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Expected, what a joke he is. Great physique and great in practice but WHO? on the game field.
Old 09-03-2010   #4
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

This reinforces to me that the Texans continue to get it now. Injuries or not, Henry wasn't a good enough football player to make this team. Tim Jamison had better make the team over Jesse Nading as well.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Chis Henry waived!?

You can't run with your head down and expect to play in the NFL.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a huge surprise but a gutsy move. We've got 1 RB now.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #7
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25491 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad to see him go. I also think this cut and Kris Brown sends a message to others on the team, underperform and you will be cut. No more excuses, it's put up or shut up time.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2010   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Henry is worthless, that's for sure. But I'm not sure I'd cut him until I got someone else in here. Now we got one RB that's practiced at the position. I guess they plan on signing some free agents this weekend.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Henry is worthless, that's for sure. But I'm not sure I'd cut him until I got someone else in here. Now we got one RB that's practiced at the position. I guess they plan on signing some free agents this weekend.
We are going to be on the waiver wire like white on rice.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

So I'm wondering if this means Jeremiah Johnson's injury aint that bad after all. Maybe he popped his dislocated toe back in like he does his shoulder.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
We are going to be on the waiver wire like white on rice.
It will be interesting to see who they sign. I wish we had more news on the conditions of Slaton and J. Johnson now.

Old 09-03-2010   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It will be interesting to see who they sign. I wish we had more news on the conditions of Slaton and J. Johnson now.
In the interview after the game Kubiak said that he hoped to have Slaton back for gm 1, and he said Jeremiah had a dislocated toe and was "going to miss some time".
Old 09-03-2010   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
In the interview after the game Kubiak said that he hoped to have Slaton back for gm 1, and he said Jeremiah had a dislocated toe and was "going to miss some time".
I guess for Indy we'll have Foster, Slaton and Joe Schmo who we pick up this weekend. We also have a few of players that have some college experience in taking hand offs. I think we should be OK with that as long as we don't have any more damn injuries.

Old 09-03-2010   #14
whiskeyrbl

Cannot say I did not see this coming.
Old 09-03-2010   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Quote:
I guess for Indy we'll have Foster, Slaton and Joe Schmo who we pick up this weekend. We also have a few of players that have some college experience in taking hand offs. I think we should be OK with that as long as we don't have any more damn injuries.
Here's the exact quote:

Quote:
Toe problems: Running back Jeremiah Johnson, who got his first start on Thursday, left the game in the second quarter with a dislocated toe.

Starter Arian Foster (rest) and backup Steve Slaton (toe injury) did not play against the Bucs, leaving Chris Henry as the lone running back standing after Johnson's injury. Henry finished with 51 rushing yards on 16 attempts.

Johnson had averaged 5.4 yards per carry in the first three preseason games, moving up to third on the depth chart behind Foster and Slaton.

"We've got issues," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. "Steve is out, we're hoping he's ready to go against Indianapolis. Jeremiah looks like he's going to miss some time. Chris, I'll have to go back and see how he played. I've got one healthy running back right now, two counting Chris, on this football team. We'll see where we're at. It's going to be day to day.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=6324
Old 09-03-2010   #16
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41467 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Not a huge surprise but a gutsy move. We've got 1 RB now.
After cutting Henry, only one healthy one, that's for sure. But once again it
reminds one of the old cliche, "running backs are a dime a dozen", and I'm sure that's why Kubiaks not that concerned. Now finding a competant reserve QB, well that's an entirerly different matter.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #17
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

There are a lot of guys on the wire right now, so we're not in panic mode yet-- just close to it.

I'd be surprised if we didn't bring in Fargas for a workout.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, to me, it basically says they could bring in a HOU-TEX type RB and be better off than with Henry. In other words, Henry stunk and they knew he'd be easily replaced.
Old 09-03-2010   #19
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone posted at the end of last season that anyone on the team named C/Kris had to go. They got their wish - Chris Brown, Kris Brown and Chris Henry all gone now.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #20
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not really surprised. This practically guarantees that someone is going to be picked up off of waivers or the street.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read