Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-03-2010   #1
newtexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 newtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sheppard to make practice squad !!!!

After being snubbed in this years draft,Malcolm Sheppard only wanted a shot,... he got it and made the best of it, now he still has a pulse and great things await him if he continues to improve, even though some felt he would make the roster, to the humble Sheppard this is another step toward his dream come true, i see him being activated before this season is over.
newtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sheppard to make practice squad !!!!

Has he been waived?
Old 09-03-2010   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

That is good to hear. I think you might be a bit optimistic with your prediction, but I liked Sheppard and hope he continues to progress.
Old 09-03-2010   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm confused. Practice squads haven't even been formed yet. Was he waived?
Old 09-03-2010   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't heard about any of the cuts being announced except for Kris Brown.

Where are you getting your info?

OTOH, Okam and Deljuan played pretty well last night so that could be the death knell for Sheppard.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he is just jumping the gun a bit hoping Sheppard still has a chance. He didn't look all that good last night, or we would really be hearing about it from newtexan
Old 09-03-2010   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Sheppard looked pretty good last night. I thought both Okam and Deljuan looked better though.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2010   #8
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy's post history is almost exclusively Sheppard-related; I'd be willing to be he's family/friend. That'll be proven to be the case if Sheppard is cut and placed on the PS
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #9
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think anything is official yet re whose's waived and who makes the roster, unless somebody has a link to prove otherwise ?
On the subject of Sheppard, he's a high chance of being picked up if he dosen't make the roster but they're just may not be room for him ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
This guy's post history is almost exclusively Sheppard-related; I'd be willing to be he's family/friend. That'll be proven to be the case if Sheppard is cut and placed on the PS
That's what it sounds like...

Sounds like he has already been told he will be cut but they want him on the PS.
Old 09-03-2010   #11
newtexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 newtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

:

Last edited by newtexan; 09-03-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: ?
Old 09-03-2010   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Or....he thinks Sheppard's cute.
Old 09-03-2010   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Where are you getting this? Cuts arent mandatory until the 4th, and PS are not announced until the 5th.

Also, I think he looked pretty bad out there last night. Well behind Mitchell, Okam and even Robinson.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #14
newtexan
Veteran

Dude, Okam and Robinson have been on this team about 3 years already and last night was against reserves, it was Mitchell that looked good anyway.
Old 09-03-2010   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtexan View Post
Dude, Okam and Robinson have been on this team about 3 years already and last night was against reserves, it was Mitchell that looked good anyway.
I agree. Mitchell looked pretty good last night.

But still not better than Okam or Deljuan.
Old 09-03-2010   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mitchell was easily the most impressive out there. But Okam and Robinson really impressed me. They were getting in the backfield, holding their ground most of the time, I was impressed. Yes, it was against reserves, but Mitchell and Sheppard were also going against the reserves.

Okoye----Mitchell
Cody----Okam

Are the DTs I would keep. Antonio Smith can slide inside on some downs, making only 4 true DTs necessary. I would keep 5 DEs though

Williams----Barwin
Smith----Jamison----Nading

Sheppard would be one of my choices for the PS though, depending on other cuts.
Old 09-03-2010   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't keep Nading over Deljuan.
Old 09-03-2010   #18
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I wouldn't keep Nading over Deljuan.
Yeah, it was tough between those two. But I think Nading would bring greater value on special teams than Robinson. I could be wrong though, so we will find out soon!
Old 09-03-2010   #19
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After being snubbed in this years draft,Malcolm Sheppard only wanted a shot,... he got it and made the best of it, now he still has a pulse and great things await him if he continues to improve, even though some felt he would make the roster, to the humble Sheppard this is another step toward his dream come true, i see him being activated before this season is over.
He may be grabbed by another team....hope not
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read