Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2010   #1
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Seth Wickersham picks Houston as the AFC champs!

Yeah yeah yeah I know. Its one talking head from ESPN......but, this is officially the first time I have ever seen so much respect paid to the Texans in our history.

Made me smile a bit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/previe...ory?id=5493278

The guy who picked us was Seth Wickersham.

Old 09-02-2010   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seth Wickersham picks Houston as the AFC champs!

Wow, we're a trendy pick again this year, despite our ridiculous schedule. I'd say a good portion have us at least in the playoffs
Old 09-02-2010   #3
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Wow, we're a trendy pick again this year, despite our ridiculous schedule. I'd say a good portion have us at least in the playoffs
Yep, but ONE finally has us going to the superbowl.
Old 09-02-2010   #4
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, he's got us going to the Super Bowl in Dallas, no less. I would lose it if that happened.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take out a loan for Super Bowl tickets.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

we are really not that much of a trendy pick

everyone is saying the colts are winning the AFCS no ifs and or butts about it its already locked

and the Pats Ravens and Jets will all be super badass thats all im hearing
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Yeah yeah yeah I know. Its one talking head from ESPN......but, this is officially the first time I have ever seen so much respect paid to the Texans in our history.

Made me smile a bit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/previe...ory?id=5493278

The guy who picked us was Seth Wickersham.

This made me so happy, I had to rub one out.
Old 09-03-2010   #8
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Mosley of NFC East blog fame also has AJ wining OPOY award if y'all didn't notice.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #9
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Fantastic!

Too bad i've never heard of this guy until now.......
Old 09-03-2010   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I'd sell my body for Super Bowl tickets.
Fixed it for ya.
Old 09-03-2010   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
This made me so happy, I had to rub one out.

Dude, this is a family friendly board. How could you think to yourself "Nows heres something everyone needs to know"
Old 09-03-2010   #12
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
We play essentially the same schedule as the rest of the AFC South, so if you think that we're better than the Colts, then the schedule is really immaterial.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #13
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
this made me so happy, i had to rub one out.
lmao!
Old 09-03-2010   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I was actually being sarcastic. I can't believe some people get so excited about what some pundit says.
Old 09-03-2010   #15
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was actually being sarcastic. I can't believe some people get so excited about what some pundit says.
This.

Talking heads don't know anymore than we do (some probably know less), they are just throwing out their opinions same as us.
Dwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #16
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Packer - Texans Super Bowl in Jerry World. Texans have beat them before in the "Frozen Tundra that is Lambau Field"

I likey.....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #17
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Packer - Texans Super Bowl in Jerry World. Texans have beat them before in the "Frozen Tundra that is Lambau Field"

I likey.....
I was at that game. Froze my butt off, but had a great time. Packer fans are great hosts.

Also, that game was the return of Matt Schaub, and I didn't think it was a good idea to bring him back when the temperature was -10 or so at game time. But, he rocked and rolled.
Old 09-05-2010   #18
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/090...e=HP_spotlight

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010   #19
DavidC
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
I like the Packers a lot this year, but I am a little surprised that every one of these guys picked them to go to the Super Bowl. At least if they are all picking the Packers to go to Jerry's World, that means nobody is picking the Cowboys to go.
DavidC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
I like the Packers a lot this year, but I am a little surprised that every one of these guys picked them to go to the Super Bowl. At least if they are all picking the Packers to go to Jerry's World, that means nobody is picking the Cowboys to go.
I've got the Packers losing the Super Bowl to that lil'ole club from Houston.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read