Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2010   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So, who's getting worried about our RB situation?

Tate out for the year, Slaton a small injury, but an injury none the less, now J. Johnson has a bum toe. Wow.

Chris Henry did make a few nice runs though, but he does seem to go down easily.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So, who's getting worried about our RB situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Tate out for the year, Slaton a small injury, but an injury none the less, now J. Johnson has a bum toe. Wow.

Chris Henry did make a few nice runs though, but he does seem to go down easily.
We'll have to see how bad Johnson is hurt. I think Henry is expendable if Johnson just has a very minor injury. He's shown enough tonight he's superior to Henry.
Old 09-02-2010   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

im more worried about the qb situation!
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully Johnson just has one of those "It's preseason and we're shutting you down" type injuries... but this is Houston so of coarse my worst fear is he needs surgery.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I is worried!
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Umm...Kubiak looked kind of upset when talking about Johnson.
Old 09-02-2010   #7
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans have one real running back and one real quarterback.

Say your prayers, folks.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2010   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

How was that not PI?
Old 09-02-2010   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Chris Henry is like a young Ron Dayne.
Old 09-02-2010   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

opps wrong thread...
Old 09-02-2010   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

That large glow you see from Houston to Austin is me lighting all the candles possible in the Austin Catholic Diocese that God may have mercy on our starting QB and starting RB.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #12
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

time to look at Moats again
Old 09-02-2010   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
time to look at Moats again
For real man. He's an upgrade over Henry and he did better than Slaton last year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #14
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Lots of teams make it thru the season with two main backs. Arian as the #1 and Henry as the third down guy. I mean cmon fellas, we were one game away from the playoffs last year and our leading rusher had approx. 437 rush yds!!

Trust me, I would love to have all five of our RB's healthy and available but unfortunately that doesnt seem to be in the cards. As long as we can improve on our pathetic example from last year then I think we will make it thru with a decent record and a playoff appearance. Hopefully by that time, Slaton and Johnson will be back by then and we can do work son.

I mean, if one position is going to lack, its best that its the same crappy position as last year........just trying to look at the bright side here.........if there is one.............what can I say, Im an optimist.

For the record, I think Arian can and will demolish 437 yards rushing this year. That should be good for at least one more win.
Old 09-02-2010   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster is the best back of the bunch because he absolutely gets it. He's going to play the position the way the coaches want it played and take every single yard that's there. I think that by the time the season is over Jeremiah Johnson will be #2 on the depth chart and considered superior to Slaton. He's more like Slaton but again, he seems to be getting the role (much the same way Slaton did in his rookie season) and appears to know when to go down and call it a play. Slaton will be the 3rd down back and start returning kicks at the rate things are going. Henry will be cut if another back the coaches like better gets cut and they can get their hands on him. Henry does not get it (though he showed signs tonight of a hint of patience and the existence of at least minimal vision).

Foster
Johnson
Slaton
Maybe Henry too.

The real fear comes from the prospect of having to start Orlovsky at any point this year. If that happens we're screwed. Orlovsky is shit.
Old 09-02-2010   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Chris Henry seemed to be hitting his stride a little bit as the game wore on, which I guess is good. Personally, I like Jeremiah Johnson, because he's shown some ability to break tackles, which is something that's sorely needed on this team.

I've seen enough from DanO. If Kubiak has any time at all for tutelage, I want it spent on Booty.
Old 09-02-2010   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Chris Henry seemed to be hitting his stride a little bit as the game wore on, which I guess is good. Personally, I like Jeremiah Johnson, because he's shown some ability to break tackles, which is something that's sorely needed on this team.

I've seen enough from DanO. If Kubiak has any time at all for tutelage, I want it spent on Booty.
I tend to agree. Booty looks like he has room for improvement. Upside. I suspect we're looking at the very best that can be wrung from Orlovsky. He reminds me of David Carr in his ability to pull a screw-up out of his hat. In four preseason games I've yet to see an opponent with a backup I wouldn't trade Orlovsky for in a heartbeat. That's never a good sign.
Old 09-02-2010   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I tend to agree. Booty looks like he has room for improvement. Upside. I suspect we're looking at the very best that can be wrung from Orlovsky. He reminds me of David Carr in his ability to pull a screw-up out of his hat. In four preseason games I've yet to see an opponent with a backup I wouldn't trade Orlovsky for in a heartbeat. That's never a good sign.
And it isn't even that good! Some QBs that have that knack at least do brilliant things with the ball some of the time, and then they frustrate you with the mistakes (good Rex/bad Rex, Jake Plummer, etc.). DanO hasn't done anything spectacular. Or if he has, I missed it. Booty made some really great throws tonight, and some really off throws. Considering how few reps he's received, and the fact that he still looked better than DanO, pretty much puts the issue to rest in my mind.

The nice lob pass to Dickerson that bounced off Dickerson's helmet was beautiful, and then he followed it up with his first TD pass of the game that was almost identical. He does some things well, and I think he has upside, as you mention.
Old 09-02-2010   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Booty looked relatively good. Booty looked relatively good. But, despite his supposed 6'3" stature, he played “short.” He showed some of the things you worry about with short Qbs. Multiple batted down passes behind the LOS. Weak throw on a play action because he had to pass around rather than over the pursuing defender. And several of his missed shots were because he had to try to pass between rather than over incoming defenders. Just an observation/personal opinion.

With that said, I would still take Sage back if he becomes available and willing to return.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

OK, back to the RBs - Jeremiah Johnson has a dislocated toe. That's gotta smart.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read