Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-02-2010   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Texans Vs Buccaneers Gameday Thread

It is gameday once again y'all. GO TEXANS
Old 09-02-2010   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Vs Bucks Gameday Thread

Bucs. Or Buccs. There is no K, this makes me think of the buckeyes.

But hey, Go Texans!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Vs Bucks Gameday Thread

Some one may change it if they would like.
Old 09-02-2010   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Vs Buccaneers Gameday Thread

Lookin forward to my three plus hours of therapy!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

The second and third team will play a lot tonight.
Old 09-02-2010   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Going to be good to see lots of Jeremiah Johnson and Chris Henry. I think this may be the last we see of Chris Henry in a Texans uniform.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

I understand that but that means the won't be too many backs.
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2010   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Going to be good to see lots of Jeremiah Johnson and Chris Henry. I think this may be the last we see of Chris Henry in a Texans uniform.
I think you may be right.

The Texans have said that they have liked what he's done on special teams, but I don't see them dressing a RB on game day just for his special teams ability when he's been so un-impressive offensively.

Also, I really haven't seen him do much on special teams. He looks good running down the field though.

But who knows, maybe they keep him until another RB they like shakes loose.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I understand that but that means the won't be too many backs.
We'll grab another off the waiver wire to replace him. I'm sure that Kubes is planning on going with 4 RBs.

In a perfect world, those would have been Foster, Tate, Slaton, and Johnson. But without Tate any more, we've got to find someone to pull up some slack.

I just really hope that Henry's ST ability doesn't outweigh Jeremiah's running ability.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

<Armchair HC> I want to see Kareem in for more than just a series. </Armchair HC>
Old 09-02-2010   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
We'll grab another off the waiver wire to replace him. I'm sure that Kubes is planning on going with 4 RBs.

In a perfect world, those would have been Foster, Tate, Slaton, and Johnson. But without Tate any more, we've got to find someone to pull up some slack.

I just really hope that Henry's ST ability doesn't outweigh Jeremiah's running ability.
Is there any way Chris and JJ both make the team with Henry being on ST?
Old 09-02-2010   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is there any way Chris and JJ both make the team with Henry being on ST?

I think there's a chance that they can both make the team.

We may not like what we see on the field so far with Henry, but the coaches may plan to use him as the big bruiser toward the end of some games.

Jerehmiah should make the roster.
However, he showed a bit of inconsistency such that the Texans might try to slip him through the waiver wire since he still has PS eligibility.
I don't think that will happen, but it's a possibility.
If he has a big game, the Texans won't be able to afford that risk, I think.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

I think there's a chance that they can both make the team.

We may not like what we see on the field so far with Henry, but the coaches may plan to use him as the big bruiser toward the end of some games.

Jerehmiah should make the roster.
However, he showed a bit of inconsistency such that the Texans might try to slip him through the waiver wire since he still has PS eligibility.
I don't think that will happen, but it's a possibility.
If he has a big game, the Texans won't be able to afford that risk, I think.
I see and I hope he has a good game tonight we shall see.
Old 09-02-2010   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see and I hope he has a good game tonight we shall see.
yawn!

I understand that some of the guys are fighting for a roster spot.
Selfishly, i want to keep some of them under wrap.

Hey, there was a guy who played light out at LB for us in the 4th PS game one year that didn't make it.
And there was our HC Kubiak who threw nothing but a couple of incompletions and made the Broncos squad!

Que sera, sera!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Let's get this gameday thread more active. GO TEXANS
Old 09-02-2010   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It's the scrubs trying to make the team tonight. I'll watch the first half like I always do on the 4th preseason game, so I can see our backup QB start for a whole half a game. After that, the game should put me to sleep before 10PM, which is a good thing on a work night.

Oh yeah, and watch Jeramiah Johnson run the ball.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #17
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

This is the only preseason game that allows me to relax since i know starters won't be getting injured in a meaningless game.
Old 09-02-2010   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

It is still football to me I don't care.
Old 09-02-2010   #19
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

We might as well call this the Right Guard Bowl - whose it gonna be Caldwell or Brisiel?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hm... should I stay up until 2am to watch the game... OR... wait until tomorrow, get up, and watch it then... 4th preseason game... cya tomorrow

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read