Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which one?
Colts in Week One 50 89.29%
Cowboys in Week Three 6 10.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2010   #1
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which win would you prefer?

Okay, I was discussing with some Cowboy fans at "Cowboys Zone" forum, and they all seem to believe that Texans fans will be okay with an 8-8 season, as long as we beat the Cowboys. In fact, poster numnuts23 claims to have called ten friends and he says this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by numnuts23 View Post
Ok, well just called 10 friends yesterday and today, who I know are huge Texan fans. 8 out of 10 agree that if they beat Dallas, an 8-8 season is alright. Heck, one even went as far to say if Dallas goes 10-6 and doesn't make the playoffs, then he'll take a 5-11 season...because at least they'll have a good draft pick.

Just saying.... Texan fans have some infatuation with beating Dallas or having Dallas lose, I guess it would be a jealousy of success??
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showth...=190822&page=4

My question is, would you guys rather beat the Colts in Week One or beat the Cowboys in Week 3 (if we had a choice of who our team will beat).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Which win would you prefer?

Colts by a mile. The cowboys are kind of a fun in-state rivalry, while Indy's game counts for everything when it comes to playoffs.
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll save you some time:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74419
Old 09-02-2010   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Which win would I prefer?

Yes.
Old 09-02-2010   #5
Texansfan36
Veteran

Gotta go with the Colts. Yea a win over Dallas would be nice, if only to shut up their fans for a bit, but beating the colts puts us on the road to the division title and a playoff spot, which is 100 times more important than just one win.
Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #6
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Okay, I was discussing with some Cowboy fans at "Cowboys Zone" forum, and they all seem to believe that Texans fans will be okay with an 8-8 season, as long as we beat the Cowboys. In fact, poster numnuts23 claims to have called ten friends and he says this:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showth...=190822&page=4

My question is, would you guys rather beat the Colts in Week One or beat the Cowboys in Week 3 (if we had a choice of who our team will beat).
If the Cowboys Fan was telling the truth those are the stupidest fans I've ever heard of.

We need to beat the Colts more that the Cowgirls. Also we get two shots at the Colts, so I'll take two wins over the Colts, compared to one win over the Cowgirls.
Old 09-02-2010   #7
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Which win would I prefer?

Yes.
Is this Peggy?

Yes.....

I see a $35 charge for annual fees?

Yes......

Are you asking, or telling me yes?

Yes........
Old 09-02-2010   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Is this Peggy?

Yes.....

Yes......

Yes........
Good one.
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #9
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys..we don't play as often and will shut the cowboy fans up for a few years!

I am greedy and want both!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #10
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the desire to beat the Cowboys more than other teams comes not from the team's overall success, but from the general dou¢hebaggery of the fan base. Strategically the Colts win is a no brainer. Emotionally dealing with Cowboyfan if the Texans lose to Dallas is another story.

Still, I chose the Colts because the goal of the playoffs is better served with a division win vs. an out of conference win.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Division games = x2

That being said, I wanna rout the 'Boys in week 3, I want it bad
Old 09-02-2010   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Is this Peggy?

Yes.....

Yes......

Yes........

Winnah!
Old 09-02-2010   #13
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd rather beat the cowboys in february than september. if i were "friends" with an abundance of 'girls fans my opinion might change, but winning our division and getting into the playoffs is the goal this season ... cowpies as non-division and non-conference are barely recognizable on that path.
Old 09-02-2010   #14
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2136 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread brings the lulz
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just proves that Texan fans are smarter than Cowboy fans by a long shot! This is a NO BRAINER for any Texan fan who wants to see us in the playoffs!!

BEAT THE COLTS!!!!!!!!

It's fun to harass Cowboy fans though! But, if they beat us in week three, then so be it!! It's only ONE game, and one game will NOT keep us out of the playoffs. Losing to the Colts just might!! We lost to the Cowboys the last time we played them in reg season, and I don't remember that being such a big deal.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I definitely like to beat the Cowboys, but what I really care about, beyond just winning in and of itself of course, is getting further into the playoffs than them, winning SBs while they're still talking about the 90s, etc. Those are the things I want this team to do, and we've gotta start by imposing some of that will on the freaking Colts....not to mention the rest of our division. 1-5 in our division was completely unacceptable last year and it's pretty amazing that Kubiak has impressed me enough otherwise that I haven't spent the whole offseason screaming for his head.

Beating the Cowboys is fun and will count for something in the regular season, but we've got some real work to do. Only way I'd care more about beating the Cowboys than the Colts is if we see them in early 2011.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Colts by a mile. The cowboys are kind of a fun in-state rivalry, while Indy's game counts for everything when it comes to playoffs.
This
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

If we beat the Colts, we had BETTER beat the Cowboys, or I'm going to mad as hell.

The Texans were clearly the superior team against the Cowboys on Saturday. But having said that, I noticed something else that stuck out like a sore thumb. For whatever reason and/or reasons, their offensive line sucks.

The crux of my football logic has always held that the offensive line is the backbone of any football team. If it's weak, then it doesn't really matter how strong the rest of it is.

Cowboy fans are in for really long season this year. Because of the OL, they aren't going to have a running game, Romo isn't going to have time to throw the ball, and the defense is going to be exhausted from being on the field too long.

If they end up better than 5-11, I'll be surprised.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #19
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

The cowboys did not have their real O line playing the game. I believe they had 2 backups in. I know they had Barron in at LT who is their swing tackle, though that spot is kinda strange cause they have a new LT this year as it is. They also had a different guard in IIRC. Even still, it wont be what it was last year for them, so it will be some growing pains.

I am one of the odd ones out that voted for the Cowboys. I know the Colts in the division are a big deal, but I kinda feel like expecting to go 2-0 against them might be rough. I would be pretty happy with a 1-1 split this year, working our way to sweeping them next year. There really is no reason that we should lose to the Jags or Titans, so even taking a loss in game 1 and winning the rest of the division games puts us at 5-1, which I am ok with :P
dinkatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Which win would you prefer?

Anyone who is a Texans fan and remotely understand football, Colts.

/endthread
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read