Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2010   #1
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak: "It's time for somebody else to win the AFC South"

Selected quotes from the Texans team luncheon today:

Quote:
"It's time for somebody else to win the AFC South, and we believe we have the team that can do it," said Kubiak, who's entering his fifth season as Texans head coach.

"Expectations are high," Kubiak said. "I know they're huge around the city, everywhere I go. I know they're huge in this room. All I can tell you is, they're even higher for us. We expect – we used to talk about wanting to do things. Now, as a team, we talk about expecting to do things. And we expect to be a playoff team. That's our goal."

"But also, we know – I know as a coach, we know as coaches, our players know – that the difference between winning and losing is so small. If you're not on, you can get beat any week. But if you're on, we can beat anybody. And it's my job to make sure that we're on."
I agree with pretty much everything Kubiak said. It is time for this team to win the AFC South. And it's Kubiak's job to make that happen. There's no reason to aim low for a wildcard.
Old 08-31-2010   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak: ""It's time for somebody else to win the AFC South"

Quote:
""It's time for somebody else to win the AFC South"
Do it!!

Do it!!!
Old 08-31-2010   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

This is where he cements himself for a good 10 years here, at least, or he goats himself right out of town by the end of the season.

I always go back and forth with how I think it's going to end up for him, so I guess this season we'll just sit and watch it unfold before us.

If we hammer the Colts the first game...at home in Reliant...man, we could go on a roll with that sort of momentum. I just want to see Kubiak finally dominate his divisional foes. Wreck they asses, Gary.
Old 08-31-2010   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Finally someone says it.

That's all I wanted to hear... Anything less is a failure.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Now if the players care for him as much as they say they do........they'll have their coach's back. His job is basically in their hands.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #6
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Finally someone says it.

That's all I wanted to hear... Anything less is a failure.
Ehh I will take the playoffs in any form and a playoff win over a division crown.

Buttttt the AFC South champs should be the goal!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak: "It's time for somebody else to win the AFC South"

wk1 Colts-W .. i think the superbowl hangover continues its streak and we win a fairly easy divison game at home

wk2 @WAS-W call me crazy but this game will be much harder then wk 1 people saying awww mcnabb wont gel yet by this point well they will have gelled enough for us to barley get and win by a FG

wk3 DAL- no fluke we crush the Cowgirls at home and by this point the media buzz around the texans will be huge

wk4 raiders - TBA i think the raiders will be a much tougher team to face then dallas i really dont know who will win this one

so yeah im thinking we go 3-1 either lose to Dallas or the Raiders
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2010   #8
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
wk1 Colts-W .. i think the superbowl hangover continues its streak and we win a fairly easy divison game at home

wk2 @WAS-W call me crazy but this game will be much harder then wk 1 people saying awww mcnabb wont gel yet by this point well they will have gelled enough for us to barley get and win by a FG

wk3 DAL- no fluke we crush the Cowgirls at home and by this point the media buzz around the texans will be huge

wk4 raiders - TBA i think the raiders will be a much tougher team to face then dallas i really dont know who will win this one

I think Oakland may be pretty damn good. Their D is going to be lights out, but Jason Cambell is NOT their savior.
Old 09-01-2010   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I think Oakland may be pretty damn good. Their D is going to be lights out, but Jason Cambell is NOT their savior.
Cambell may end up functioning like VY, 'manage stuff and try not to throw away the victory'-kinda stuff. If their D is indeed as nasty as it may seem, perhaps they won't NEED a MVP QB?
Old 09-01-2010   #10
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You think so? Could be McNabb's first game
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #11
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Rep Power: 510 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This Super Bowl hangover you mention, has any of those teams ever been QB'd by Peyton Manning?

To clarify, there is every chance that Houston wins this upcoming game and if they do, it will not be due to some post Super Bowl fog that the Colts are in. To me that seems like you are selling the Texans short if you are counting on something mystical like that to help them beat the Colts.
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #12
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not time for somebody else to win AFCS....it's time for THE TEXANS to win it.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #13
BorrowMe
Rookie

Rep Power: 315 BorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll beat the colts in week 1 because we finally have a consistent running game and a CB who never gets burned for those long third down conversions
BorrowMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #14
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

All i really care about is making the playoffs and putting up a decent record in the division. However that happens i'm fine with.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #15
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak: "It's time for somebody else to win the AFC South"

Talk is great. Prove your team is that "somebody else"!
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

This is good though..I've never heard kubes come out & talk like this about any of his previous teams...maybe he's tired of falling on the sword & finally ready to have the "kids" own up to thier performance on the field..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Skinnz View Post
This Super Bowl hangover you mention, has any of those teams ever been QB'd by Peyton Manning?

To clarify, there is every chance that Houston wins this upcoming game and if they do, it will not be due to some post Super Bowl fog that the Colts are in. To me that seems like you are selling the Texans short if you are counting on something mystical like that to help them beat the Colts.
The Colts went to the Super bowl in 2006 and won, then started the 2007 season with 7 wins in a row and ended 13-3 on the season. So yeah, if anything is wrong with the Colts it will be issues with their preparedness, not some mystical football hangover.
Old 09-01-2010   #18
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Rep Power: 510 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowMe View Post
We'll beat the colts in week 1 because we finally have a consistent running game and a CB who never gets burned for those long third down conversions
Those are both assumptions that have not come close to proven true.
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak's statements are very significant, given the fact that he's never made them in previous seasons. In fact, up until now, he was saying, always in response to questions, that he believed that they were "a draft or two" away from making the playoffs.

I know in the previous two seasons, fans and sports columnists alike "expected" the team to make the playoffs.

But this year, HE expects it.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Skinnz View Post
Those are both assumptions that have not come close to proven true.
Cue the Colts fan in 3...2...1........

Thanks for letting us know. Be sure to stop by over the next 3-5 years when your team is no longer the ruler of the AFC South.

You do know that these things are cyclical, in terms of a team being dominant for a period of many years and then eventually fading into the background.

Every year, Manning gets a year older. The body gets worn down from the previous season. Tick, tock.....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read