Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2010   #1
gunny
Go Titans

Default Houston Texans season

As a Titans fan I now realise the Texans are a dangerous team and it makes any hope we have of playoffs even harder. I asked Overalls this on the GoTitans forum but he might have missed but I am curious how you all think the Texans will go this season?

Considering off-season loses/acquisitions, the draft, injuries, schedule and pre-season what are you guys expecting from the Texans?
gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans season

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny View Post
As a Titans fan I now realise the Texans are a dangerous team and it makes any hope we have of playoffs even harder. I asked Overalls this on the GoTitans forum but he might have missed but I am curious how you all think the Texans will go this season?

Considering off-season loses/acquisitions, the draft, injuries, schedule and pre-season what are you guys expecting from the Texans?
Gunny, I still peruse GoTitans.com, but haven't posted in a long time. Anywho, I can see us going anywhere from 10-6 to 6-10. Seriously!! We have talent, but we still have many of weaknesses. To wit, our corners. One is a second year guy, the other a rookie. Our offense will be as good as ever, however, we are still showing a weakness in the Red Zone... I guess at the end of the day, that's why we play the games.
Old 08-31-2010   #3
newtexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 48 newtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I see the Texans going young, new players will make a name for themselves quickly, the Texans will take the NFL by storm.
newtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtexan View Post
I see the Texans going young, new players will make a name for themselves quickly, the Texans will take the NFL by storm.
Ummmm, the Texans were already young. The starters from last season were the youngest in the NFL...
Just sayin'.
Old 08-31-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtexan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ummmm, the Texans were already young. The starters from last season were the youngest in the NFL...
Just sayin'.
He's still hoping for his boy Sheppard...
Old 08-31-2010   #6
gunny
Go Titans

Quote:
Gunny, I still peruse GoTitans.com, but haven't posted in a long time. Anywho, I can see us going anywhere from 10-6 to 6-10. Seriously!! We have talent, but we still have many of weaknesses. To wit, our corners. One is a second year guy, the other a rookie. Our offense will be as good as ever, however, we are still showing a weakness in the Red Zone... I guess at the end of the day, that's why we play the games.
How is Daniels going? He's a stud at Tight End. Will he be fully recovered?

Can Foster carry the load?
I suspect Schuab will be Schuab like, especially with Andre Johnson.

Who are your starting corners? I know Dunta is gone and Fred Bennett was released. Your safeties are solid though?
Old 08-31-2010   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Who are your starting corners? I know Dunta is gone and Fred Bennett was released. Your safeties are solid though?
Daniels should be good to go. If not, we have some pretty good depth there.

Foster can carry the load. He will have too, but he will get some help.

Starting corners will be Jackson and Quinn. Quinn will move to the slot when in nickle, and McCain will play outside.

Safties are set if health allows. Pollard is another beast & Wilson is solid when healthy. Depth is questionable.

I'm looking for a good year. But it's going to be a tough road, and they will have to be focused each and every week and avoid those 3 or 4 bad plays a game that killed them the past couple of years.
Old 08-31-2010   #8
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Daniels first week of practice was this week, he is supposedly fully recovered, Foster looks like the real deal but most want to see a larger sampling before they are fully convinced, Grover Quin and Kareem Jackson are the starters at CB, a second year man and a rookie respectively. Quin looked good last year and early returns are promising for Jackson but an early season test against Indy awaits. Pollard and Wilson are solid at safety with Troy Nolan, a second year man, looking to crack the starting line up with a solid camp and preseason. I like our prospects personally, but I've had my heart broken before so we'll see.
Old 08-31-2010   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

He's actually cleared to play this Thursday although I think he's sitting out. He's been working out, running patterns, making cuts, etc... We'll see. The concern with OD is that this actually like his second or third knee...

Schaub----->AJ will always be money!

Arian Foster looked outstanding at the end of last season and again this preseason. Will he be able to carry the load, we'll see, but he's given us a lot to look forward to.

Corners will be Quin (second year) and Kareem Jackson (R) -or- at least they are penciled in for now. Kinda scary, but I think Jackson will prove himself to be an upgrade over Dunta Robinson.

Safeties are solid. Not spectacular, but solid. Hopefully Eugene Robinson can stay healthy this year. If not Troy Nolan has looked good. Bernard Pollard wants to knock the piss out of the Titans. (and any other team, that's an inside joke if you will)...
Old 08-31-2010   #10
gunny
Go Titans

Quote:
Hopefully Eugene Robinson can stay healthy this year.
I hear he has VD . I think you mean Eugene Wilson.
Old 08-31-2010   #11
gunny
Go Titans

BTW do you guys really buy Cushing's excuse for testing positive?
Old 08-31-2010   #12
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BTW do you guys really buy Cushing's excuse for testing positive?
Do you guys really believe vince young doesn't partake in the allnight buffet at Murphy's Schlong Shoppe?
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #13
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hopefully Eugene Robinson can stay healthy this year.
Quote:

Bill
Old 08-31-2010   #14
gunny
Go Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Do you guys really believe vince young doesn't partake in the allnight buffet at Murphy's Schlong Shoppe?
Have you ever beaten Vince Young?
Old 08-31-2010   #15
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Have you ever beaten Vince Young?
I heard vince did alot of beating this night:

Old 08-31-2010   #16
gunny
Go Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
I heard vince did alot of beating this night:

Probably celebrating another win over the Texans.
Old 08-31-2010   #17
Pollardized
Division Champ

Quote:
Probably celebrating another win over the Texans.
Probably celebrating 2-for-1 dance night at La Bare
Old 09-01-2010   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

TBH the talk around he is DIV game and lose the DIV round

my goals are higher either make it to the super bowl or Bust season

i will be mad if we go to the SB and lose it but thats kinda how i see things playing out we make it to the SB but fall short I hope im wrong tho
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
D'oh!!!
Old 09-01-2010   #20
gunny
Go Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
TBH the talk around he is DIV game and lose the DIV round

my goals are higher either make it to the super bowl or Bust season

i will be mad if we go to the SB and lose it but thats kinda how i see things playing out we make it to the SB but fall short I hope im wrong tho
If you beat the Colts in the Championship it won't be so bad.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read