Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-05-2005   #41
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
He's a decent center. He does get beat a lot... but so does the rest of the line. What I do know is this: I waited on him at Perry's a little before the start of last season. It was him and his girlfriend.. some flakey lookin blonde bimbo type.. not nearly the looker i'd expect from an NFL player. But saying that, on a $100 bill.. he tiped me $8.50!!!! Guess those millions of dollars dont go as far as they used to.
Well did you earn a bigger tip?
Old 04-05-2005   #42
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

i've been in fine dining for 6 years and take pride in my job. Personally, I expect 20% from every table I have. If that table happens to have an NFL player sitting at it.. then I guess I get hopefull for a slightly better than average tip. Less than 10% is unexceptable from any person eating out, especially when you're at a $50 a person restaurant. I've also waited on Billy Miller, David Carr and Evander Hollyfield, all who were very down to earth and tipped fairly. Steve McKinney had steaksauce dripping off his chin, was loud, bossy and a horrible tipper. I lost a lot of respect for him on that night.
HardKnockTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #43
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
Personally, I expect 20% from every table I have.
Sorry, you lost me with that statement. You may be a very good service person, but IMO in recent years (hey I get to make one of those Porky decline of western civilization statements ) while the standard tip has crept from 15% to 20% the attitude of service personnel on average has become horrible and reeks of expectations of tips without a corresponding sense of responsibility to perform well, timely and pleasantly. Not aiming this comment directly at you, you may expect 20% because you expect to do a job worthy of earning it--your statement is really just a foil for a rant on a pet peeve. It may well be that there has been a decline in the graciousness of customers as well.
Old 04-06-2005   #44
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

If you go to chilies or benegans or the likes... 15% is fine and dandy. But once you decide to go out to fine dining, the servers there have been in the business for years. They knew their jobs and most that i have worked with are as good as can be expected. ALL servers work off tips. We get paid $2.13 an hour and that just covers the taxes. My paychecks are void every week. Now, if service is lacking, the tip should show the disaproval. But if you never have to ask for a thing. Everything goes perfectly throughout your meal. Then 20% +++ should be the norm once you decide to take it to a fine dining restaurant.
Old 04-06-2005   #45
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

very true. my sister was a tip freak after she worked at a restraunt and if she went out with us she would have to approve of the tip before we put it down.

of course if the person forgets to put your order in or is barely keeping up with your table - straight 15% because they still have to make money and it might have been an off day. when the service is exceptional and they are very friendly and notify you of delays and everything else to make your dining experience great - a generous tip should be given.

i somehow feel that is off-topic so i will say that when mckinney plays bad, the rest of the line looks bad because there is no pocket to step up into. can be misleading when looking at stats and other things. i feel a C in the draft might be able to push stevie for his job by the middle of the season.
Old 04-06-2005   #46
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

here's someone the Texans may think of picking up with one of their 3rd round picks:
Chris Spencer

Official Bio College: Ole Miss Height: 6-27/8
Position: Center Weight: 309
Class: Junior 40-Yard: 5.18
Strengths: Has good size...A very good athlete...Excellent quickness...Is extremely strong...Versatile and has experience at both guard spots as well as center...Smart and makes all the line calls...Still improving and has a lot of upside.
Weaknesses: Doesn't have a ton of starting experience...Has only played center for one full season with the Rebels...Will need to coaching and development to work on mastering the nuances of the position.
Notes: Was a top prospect coming out of the prep ranks...Should rank among the top centers available due to his size, athleticism and potential.

i got this off of www.nfldraftcountdown.com

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read