Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-31-2010   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Please Tell me about Toby Gerhart

From a Vikings fan:

"Slow. Can't block. Can't catch. But hey, my granpda loves him! **** Toby Gerhart."

I'm watching the Vikings vs Seahawks game and I think I missed most of Gerhart's play. He did have an outside run that went for about 3 yards though.

RMartin, tell me what you've seen!
Old 09-01-2010   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Please Tell me about Toby Gerhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
From a Vikings fan:

"Slow. Can't block. Can't catch. But hey, my granpda loves him! **** Toby Gerhart."

I'm watching the Vikings vs Seahawks game and I think I missed most of Gerhart's play. He did have an outside run that went for about 3 yards though.

RMartin, tell me what you've seen!
I seriously had a dream last night that he busted off like a 80-yard run for a TD, and I was yelling at the TV because he did so good and our guy is out for the year.

Funny that I come here this morning and read your post. It was one of those "seems very real" dreams, and I'm glad it was just a dream.
Old 09-01-2010   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's kind of funny. I saw one of their preseason games and he just looks out of place. He is not an NFL running back.
Old 09-01-2010   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I seriously had a dream last night that he busted off like a 80-yard run for a TD, and I was yelling at the TV because he did so good and our guy is out for the year.

Funny that I come here this morning and read your post. It was one of those "seems very real" dreams, and I'm glad it was just a dream.
I didn't want Toby , I want Joe Webb instead of Trindon .
Old 09-01-2010   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I didn't want Toby , I want Joe Webb instead of Trindon .
Is Joe Webb the QB that was playing in the game against the 49ers? If so, I liked what I saw out of that guy too.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted Jonathan Dwyer for our first 6th...

Really could have used him given our RB woes.
Old 09-01-2010   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked up Gerhardt in like the 16th or 17th round in my fantasy draft.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2010   #8
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Beat Whitey!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I wanted Jonathan Dwyer for our first 6th...

Really could have used him given our RB woes.
Agreed. I was ok taking Dwyer in round 3. And we didnt want him in roundn 6? We would rather have Shelley Smith who could have been had with our 2nd 6th round pick when we took Holliday.

I really wanted Anthony Dixon though.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have not been able to see any Vikings' games yet. I am a little surprised to hear this though, it is something that I will keep an eye on. Just looking at box scores, he is doing better than AP, 3.3 yards per carry to 3.1. He is a rookie, I would say just give him time.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

The good thing about TG playing for Vikings is he will play with AP who can mentor him and coach can bring him along slowly. The bad thing is he will be compared to AP. I agree with 65, give him some time.
Old 09-01-2010   #12
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

I seriously think the only people that wanted Toby were people that still thought an Earl Campbell type was relevant in the modern NFL.

Hey, I wanted Joe McKnight
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #13
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
I seriously think the only people that wanted Toby were people that still thought an Earl Campbell type was relevant in the modern NFL.

Hey, I wanted Joe McKnight
Let me guess. Joe McKnight, Stafon Johnson, and trade the rest of our draft for LenDale White. Got it.
Old 09-01-2010   #14
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Let me guess. Joe McKnight, Stafon Johnson, and trade the rest of our draft for LenDale White. Got it.
Apparently that would be better than Ben Tate...

I've made myself sad now
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #15
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Apparently that would be better than Ben Tate...

I've made myself sad now
Ouch. I think everyone is sad now.
Old 09-01-2010   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

The two runs I've seen him on he just looked slow compared to NFL defenses. Not un-decisive, just about a step too slow to really make anything work. He honestly looks like a fullback (lol white guy lol) trying to turn the corner. I may have missed any awesome runs he's had since I've seen 2 whole carries, but that's just my thoughts from the very brief action I've seen.

If he can't block he's going to have a hard time finding carries.
Old 09-01-2010   #17
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Beat Whitey!!!
Whitey Ford's been dead a long time. No way to beat him.
Old 09-01-2010   #18
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
The two runs I've seen him on he just looked slow compared to NFL defenses. Not un-decisive, just about a step too slow to really make anything work. He honestly looks like a fullback (lol white guy lol) trying to turn the corner. I may have missed any awesome runs he's had since I've seen 2 whole carries, but that's just my thoughts from the very brief action I've seen.

If he can't block he's going to have a hard time finding carries.
Trivia:
Who was the last White Guy to lead the NFL in Rushing Yards?
Old 09-01-2010   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Straight up gut check tells me John Riggins.
Old 09-01-2010   #20
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Trivia:
Who was the last White Guy to lead the NFL in Rushing Yards?
Chuck Norris?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read