Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-31-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kevin Fowler playing at halftime of Colts game

I just heard about this. Too bad I won't be there. KF is always a great time live. I wonder if he is a Texans fan.

http://www.kevinfowler.com/tour.aspx
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Fowler playing at halftime of Colts game

Can't stand country pop, but my wife loves him. The act should go over well at Reliant.
Old 08-31-2010   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully the sound system will be working. Acoustics are always terrible in big stadiums.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #4
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Kevin Fowler of Pound Sign fame? If so, I'm looking foward to seeing a YouTube post of it if possible.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #5
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2136 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't he play last year, too?
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #6
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Can't stand country pop, but my wife loves him. The act should go over well at Reliant.
Country pop? LOL, I have heard KF being accused of a lot of things but "pop" isn't one of them. My wife says he is too country or redneck. That's why I like him, IMO country should be redneck.

To me that crap coming out of Nashville (yes, the Titans too) is country pop because it hardly even sounds like country anymore.

BTW, KF writes all of his own music and lyrics which is rare in country. He is a real witty song writer.

Many of the old timers love KF, including George Jones.
Old 08-31-2010   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Country pop? LOL, I have heard KF being accused of a lot of things but "pop" isn't one of them. My wife says he is too country or redneck. That's why I like him, IMO country should be redneck.

To me that crap coming out of Nashville (yes, the Titans too) is country pop because it hardly even sounds like country anymore.

BTW, KF writes all of his own music and lyrics which is rare in country. He is a real witty song writer.

Hookem beat me to it KT, there is a ton of pop in country but I wouldn't come close to putting KF in that category. I tend to prefer old school country or new artist who keep it sounding close. I don't mind a little of the pop stuff but it's way out of hand these days.
Old 08-31-2010   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Kevin puts on a hell of a show

even Texan Bill would probably put a seal of approval on songs like

100% Texan
Beer, Bait and Ammo
I ain't drinking anymore (or any less)
Cheaper to keep her
pound sound
Lord loves the drinking man
fat bottom girls
Speak of the devil

Kevin used to be in a heavy metal band back in the day but it didn't go over well and he changed his style to redneck beer drinking style
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Kevin puts on a hell of a show

even Texan Bill would probably put a seal of approval on songs like

100% Texan
Beer, Bait and Ammo
I ain't drinking anymore (or any less)
Cheaper to keep her
pound sound
Lord loves the drinking man
fat bottom girls
Speak of the devil

Kevin used to be in a heavy metal band back in the day but it didn't go over well and he changed his style to redneck beer drinking style
He also sings this:

Beer Season

Ain't no pop in that.
Old 08-31-2010   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
He also sings this:

Beer Season

Ain't no pop in that.
damn how did I not remember beer season
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010   #11
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
damn how did I not remember beer season
How can you guys leave out "Don't Touch My Willie"??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=904497C6_zw

LOL, he has a KISS shirt on in this video. The dude loves heavy metal too which is very much like myself, metal and redneck country.

The metal band he was in during the 80's was called Dangerous Toys. They were OK but their biggest issue was timing. They came out right around the time the metal scene died due to grunge.
Old 08-31-2010   #12
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Here is something really cool for any of you KF fans. After Dangerous Toys he formed a "southern" metal band which IMO was much better than Dangerous Toys. They were called "Thunderfoot" and I actually have a couple of MP3s of them.

I uploaded one for you guys to check out. Believe it or not it's actually Kevin Fowler singing on this track. Great tune IMO.

Midnight Train
Old 08-31-2010   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I'm thinking KT is remembering the wrong guy. KF is not country pop. Kenny Chesney is a country pop. Mr. Nicole Kidman is country pop. Most artists from 1990 to 2000 were country pop.
Old 08-31-2010   #14
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How can you guys leave out "Don't Touch My Willie"??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=904497C6_zw

LOL, he has a KISS shirt on in this video. The dude loves heavy metal too which is very much like myself, metal and redneck country.

The metal band he was in during the 80's was called Dangerous Toys. They were OK but their biggest issue was timing. They came out right around the time the metal scene died due to grunge.
Holy crap, I kept reading this and couldn't believe yall were going to leave out "Don't Touch My Willie"...thank you Hookem for not letting that go by. KF puts on a great show, but probably tames it down a little becuase it's a family type event. His adult only closed sessions at the honky tonks are awesome.

Country Pop???? I fart in your general direction!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Holy crap, I kept reading this and couldn't believe yall were going to leave out "Don't Touch My Willie"...thank you Hookem for not letting that go by. KF puts on a great show, but probably tames it down a little becuase it's a family type event. His adult only closed sessions at the honky tonks are awesome.

Country Pop???? I fart in your general direction!
Old 09-01-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard of Keving Fowler but honestly, I don't know if I could name or even recognized one of his songs.
Old 09-01-2010   #17
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I've heard of Keving Fowler but honestly, I don't know if I could name or even recognized one of his songs.
I am just shocked to hear that you listen to music! JK
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have seen him live twice, and heard his studio stuff aplenty on road trips. I could see the Redneck label, but it is on the pop side. I am more of an outlaw fan, when it comes to necks being red. I agree on the crap out of Nashville.
Old 09-01-2010   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Well scroll up and click on the link I provided you bastage.....

Old 09-01-2010   #20
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a hard man to love
But thank god she does
holdin on
bein strong
when I'm sorry, just ain't enough

Good to see Kevin Fowler live for the umpteenth time!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read