Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2010   #1
record
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 record is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respectedrecord is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kareem > Dunta

Our rookie CB is worlds better than Dunta was last season. That in itself is going to greatly improve the Texans D. Yes, he will have some growing pains in his rookie season and will give up a few big plays, but Dunta was just horrendous in 2009. Anyone that believes our young DBs and D in general will be worse off without "Mr. Pay Me Rick" didn't watch the games last year. It couldn't get much worse and it appears to be about to get a whole lot better. I notice Kareem running stride for stride with his man along with good awareness of the ball. He looks to be another rock solid pick by the Texans.

Consistently building through years of good draft picks is the only way to produce long term stability of winning results in the NFL. I realize that the Texans have only been a mediocre NFL franchise, at best, since their inception, but I really feel like this team is close to turning the corner into being an upper echelon NFL team that is consistently in the playoffs and competing for the Super Bowl year in and out. I am very hopeful that this is the season in which all of our growing pains pay off. We are still a relatively young team that is getting close to our prime. It will be greatly due in part to 4 years of good drafts including this most recent one and Kareem Jackson as an example.
record is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #2
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem > Dunta

give me a pick against peyton and i'll agree
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #3
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
give me a pick against peyton and i'll agree
Come on....he doesn't have to have a pic against Peyton to prove himself...all he has to do is not get beat over and over again. This kid has it all...he can be our Revis.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

To early to say right now, but beating out what Dunta was last season shouldn't be all that hard to do in a year or so. You guys have to remember how good Dunta was in his rookie year when he first got here. Antonio Cromartie had a great year in his first or 2nd season as well only to disappoint pretty bad as well.

I think Jackson's going to be a pretty good CB though. Not to worried about that.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #5
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, it's nice having a corner who can actually get a pick every once in a while.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #6
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
To early to say right now, but beating out what Dunta was last season shouldn't be all that hard to do in a year or so. You guys have to remember how good Dunta was in his rookie year when he first got here. Antonio Cromartie had a great year in his first or 2nd season as well only to disappoint pretty bad as well.

I think Jackson's going to be a pretty good CB though. Not to worried about that.
Cromatie went from picking off passes to picking up chicks....to many baby mama's got him gone from SD. I don't see how we can go wrong with the best DB, on the crimson tide and the best in the SEC , plus the guy is a champion. If Demeco says he is a stud DB I'm inclined to believe him....just sayin
Old 08-29-2010   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Yeah, it's nice having a corner who can actually get a pick every once in a while.
I remember saying this about Jaques Reeves. I think he is still our only CB to get a pick in the regular season, and we've buried him on the depth chart.

It's too early to be tossing accolades.
Old 08-29-2010   #8
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Kareem was in the right place at the right time....he can thank Benard Pollard for that gift.
Old 08-29-2010   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I remember saying this about Jaques Reeves. I think he is still our only CB to get a pick in the regular season, and we've buried him on the depth chart.

It's too early to be tossing accolades.
I was wondering about him yesterday...thought I saw him on the sideline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

This isn't just about Kareem Jackson being better than Dunta Robinsion. This is about EVERY HIGH ROUND ROOKIE BEING BETTER THAN DUNTA ROBINSON.

Which is what I was trying to explain to some people when they would always bring up the loss of Dunta (and I also got tired of hearing about it on TV). Dunta Robinson played like a backup last season and he's a shell of his formal self.....a player that is very easy to replace. I still can't believe the Falcons game him that much money
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #11
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Kareem was in the right place at the right time....he can thank Benard Pollard for that gift.
Yeah, but the fact is he actually caught it unlike Dumbta who let a VY pass hit him right in the hands and couldn't catch it somehow.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cromatie went from picking off passes to picking up chicks....to many baby mama's got him gone from SD. I don't see how we can go wrong with the best DB, on the crimson tide and the best in the SEC , plus the guy is a champion. If Demeco says he is a stud DB I'm inclined to believe him....just sayin
Oh no question. I "think" that he's most likely going to be a great CB for a long time. Being from the Tide and being well coached by Saban is a very strong plus and all the things we've heard approaching the season has been very good to hear. I'm just not going to proclaim him better than this guy or that guy when he hasn't even played a down yet, that's all. His resume looks great on paper and the reports are all positive. I'm just ready to see him reach his full potential first, that's all.
Old 08-29-2010   #13
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, but the fact is he actually caught it unlike Dumbta who let a VY pass hit him right in the hands and couldn't catch it somehow.
Dumbta? I have to stick up for Robinson because I remember back when we went 2-14 he was the only player on the team that would come over and apologize and ask us to hang in there with them. We would watch the other Texans player leave the field laughing like they had won and I guess talking about payday but Robinson made a effort to come and give some kid his gloves and still sign and few autographs.
Old 08-29-2010   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
MIAMI – Cornerback Dunta Robinson, the Falcons prized offseason acquisition, was a late scratch from the lineup against the Miami Dolphins on Friday.

Robinson, who’s been nursing what has been termed a minor hamstring injury, was expected to play in the all-important third exhibition game.

“We made a decision and as I said all week long — really over the last eight or nine days — all the players that are injured are going to be game time decisions,” Falcons coach Mike Smith said. “We thought it was just best to hold Dunta out. Anybody that has been to our practices knows that he has been a full participant in all of our practices. We just felt like it was in the best interest of our football team for the regular season to hold him out.”

Christopher Owens took Robinson’s spot in the starting lineup opposite of Brent Grimes.

Robinson was signed to a six-year, $57.5 million contract as a free agent. He hurt his hamstring trying to run down an overthrown pass early in training camp.
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...ndon-marshall/
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not saying that you're doing this, but don't discredit int's from tipped balls...

A lot of players who consistently get int's get them from tipped passes. Being in the right place at the right time also translates to being in good position. Had Pollard not tipped the ball, KJ was in great position to make a play on the ball and receiver.

Last edited by Rey; 08-29-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see what they do against manning and company
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #17
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not saying that you're doing this, but don't discredit int's from tipped balls...

A lot of players who consistently get int's get them from tipped passes. Being in the right place at the right time also translates to being in good position. Had Pollard not tipped the ball, KJ was in great position to make make a play on the ball and receiver.
True, I thought about that too, had the reciever caught the ball he would have been popped REALLY hard from Jackson.
Old 08-29-2010   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Dumbta? I have to stick up for Robinson because I remember back when we went 2-14 he was the only player on the team that would come over and apologize and ask us to hang in there with them. We would watch the other Texans player leave the field laughing like they had won and I guess talking about payday but Robinson made a effort to come and give some kid his gloves and still sign and few autographs.
Yeah, that's a cool story. I do remember Dunta giving his all and playing his heart out when our team was stinking it up. A lot of the fame and money got to his head after while unfortunately though and he started to act like every other spoiled rotten athlete we see in today's NFL and other sports. I didn't like what he became on or off the field and I'm glad he's gone now.
Old 08-29-2010   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the thing that happened with Dunta was that the losing got to him. He started to be a very negative guy with the "Oh, great, here we go again" with eye roll whenever there was a bad play.

Bad plays happen. Good teams don't let a bad play snowball into a series of bad plays and then into a series of bad games. Dunta had seen it happen so many times that he kinda got programmed to expect it and couldn't keep his positive attitude that he'd had earlier in his career.

At least, that's what I think happened.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #20
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

A lot of players who consistently get int's get them from tipped passes. Being in the right place at the right time also translates to being in good position. Had Pollard not tipped the ball, KJ was in great position to make make a play on the ball and receiver.
I agree with the positioning thing but I don't think he was in any position to make a play on the ball but he could have made a play on the receiver if the receiver hadn't gone out of bounds.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read