Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2010   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Hilarious...

This is the first time ever I'm anxious to go to work on a Monday. With all my fellow battle buddies that love the Cowgirls so much, ahhh this is going to be lovely. I'm not even going to say nothing at first, just let it marinate...

The fact is I had a big wager going on my FB account that my buddies would have to change their profile pic with a Texans pic of my choice when they'd lose, and yep I picked sum good ones...well enjoy this victory even though it's preseason don't really matter, the game was against the Cowboys nuff said...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hilarious...

Just be careful not to rub it in too hard....

The one that really matters hasn't been played yet.

errr...what the hell, rub their little noses in it, they're freaking cowgirl fans
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #3
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I can't stand Cowboys fans. To me, they're the worst fans as far as knowing about their team in just about any sport. They always have some sort of excuses and bullshit when they lose. Not all Cowboys fans, but the majority to me.

A few of the Cowboys fans I was talking to about this were making all these excuses about how the Cowboys just didn't care for this game and how the Texans were playing like it's their SB and that's why the game was the way it was. It's stuff like that, that really annoys me. Just admit you're team got their asses handed to them and move on and hope they get better as a fan. Don't come up with all these random excuses for a loss like that. The Cowboys just weren't clicking anywhere and the Texans were.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

The worst insult you can give to Cowboy fans, is to act as if it weren't a big deal. Like we couldn't care less about beating the Cowboys in the preseason, kinda the way we felt about the Cardinals game, or the upcoming TB game.

"Oh yeah, they did play this weekend didn't they? I only watched a little bit, how'd it go?"
Old 08-29-2010   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

actually no one at work gave me a hard time or anything .. I went into Albertsons yesterday and to a pub . I had a Texans tshirt and a Texans hat on .. surprisingly no one said a word to me

Albertsons is running a 10% off on purchases on game day for Cowboys fans

but I am more of a .. "Let's see what happens in the reg season " kinda guy
esp when the game means something
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I have that White Vinyl Texans sticker on the back of my white Chevy. I get, and was getting cut off in traffic all week. I imagine Monday will be more of the same. I'm happy to have them do that to me.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #7
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be sure to talk a lot of crap if we win the regular season game, but this is only pre-season...Indy is 0-3 already and we all know they aren't a bad team.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Dwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2010   #8
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Man, I can't stand Cowboys fans. To me, they're the worst fans as far as knowing about their team in just about any sport. They always have some sort of excuses and bullshit when they lose. Not all Cowboys fans, but the majority to me.

A few of the Cowboys fans I was talking to about this were making all these excuses about how the Cowboys just didn't care for this game and how the Texans were playing like it's their SB and that's why the game was the way it was. It's stuff like that, that really annoys me. Just admit you're team got their asses handed to them and move on and hope they get better as a fan. Don't come up with all these random excuses for a loss like that. The Cowboys just weren't clicking anywhere and the Texans were.
You should've asked them why Romo looked like he was holding back tears during his interview, or why the team looked dejected on the bench.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
This is the first time ever I'm anxious to go to work on a Monday. With all my fellow battle buddies that love the Cowgirls so much, ahhh this is going to be lovely. I'm not even going to say nothing at first, just let it marinate...

The fact is I had a big wager going on my FB account that my buddies would have to change their profile pic with a Texans pic of my choice when they'd lose, and yep I picked sum good ones...well enjoy this victory even though it's preseason don't really matter, the game was against the Cowboys nuff said...
Heres a good pic.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #10
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Heres a good pic.

Stop with the pictures, I'm getting homesick.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #11
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Stop with the pictures, I'm getting homesick.
Sorry, lol.

Old 08-29-2010   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

And this is why I am leaving...preseason smack
Old 08-29-2010   #14
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade View Post
I will be sure to talk a lot of crap if we win the regular season game, but this is only pre-season...Indy is 0-3 already and we all know they aren't a bad team.

Yeah, let's wait until we beat them in the regular season before we talk smack. It could come back to haunt you guys if Houston loses to Dallas in a month.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Yeah, let's wait until we beat them in the regular season before we talk smack. It could come back to haunt you guys if Houston loses to Dallas in a month.
Yup!! Pretty much this.
Old 08-30-2010   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yup!! Pretty much this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade View Post

So I guess you guys don't subscribe to the Rex Ryan School of Bravado?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not talking smack but I am telling them that this isn't the same 2002-2006 Houston Texans. That we are a much more talented, younger, and deeper team now. That's all I'm saying.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010   #18
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Guinn is making a good point about the Texans on the radio:

Quote:
Why is it this team needs to get whipped by New Orleans, face a
week of fan/media outrage, and a closed-door meeting with the
head coach, to go out and play like they did Saturday? Why
does this team repeatedly need bounce-back performances?
When will they become the team that hits FIRST?
Good point about this team. They constantly need to "bounce-back"
after not just losing, but not showing up at all. 2010 needs to be a
new year all the way around.
Old 08-30-2010   #19
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Guinn is making a good point about the Texans on the radio:

Good point about this team. They constantly need to "bounce-back"
after not just losing, but not showing up at all. 2010 needs to be a
new year all the way around.

Seriously man!

If that same up and down mentality happens this year, then I hope we beat Indy week 1, go get punded week 2 so that we we get home for week 3 against Dallas we crack their friggin moufs again!!! (this is only a hypothetical and i do not advocate the Texans losing games...also I approved this message)

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010   #20
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Seriously man!

If that same up and down mentality happens this year, then I hope we beat Indy week 1, go get punded week 2 so that we we get home for week 3 against Dallas we crack their friggin moufs again!!! (this is only a hypothetical and i do not advocate the Texans losing games...also I approved this message)
Sounds cool, I like the idea.

They shouldn't have to get smacked around to kick ass though. .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read