Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2010   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby Jones' breakout year

Will be this season. He looks different out there, his posture has changed and he's looking confident. I think we are going to see a level of consistency that will be closer to matching his talent. I think he's going to light it up. I am guessing there are others here that feel the same way.

On a side note: Foster looks great out there, I can't wait to see more of this team.
Old 08-29-2010   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Jacoby Jones' breakout year

Looks like his brain has caught up with his body - i.e. he has matured and put in the time needed to step to the next level.

Definitely like what I have seen.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones' breakout year

Quote:
HOUSTON - When asked about Jacoby Jones back in June, Andre Johnson didnít hold anything back.

"A lot of times when he gets on my nerves, I get a little serious with him to run him off, but he comes right back," said Johnson.

A pretty accurate description according to #12.

"I aggravate the mess out him," said Jones. "I might just walk up to him and take his water and mess with his gloves. I just aggravate him like a little baby brother."

All of it is in good fun of course, but itís what Andre has taught Jacoby which is no laughing matter.

"Dre teaches by showing," said Jones. "But he might tell me from time to time just to settle down and let the play happen and it happens every time, itís the craziest thing."

Crazy, sure, but results from last year speak for themselves; 27 catches, 6 of which were for touchdowns. And with the attitude Jones has showed thus far, those numbers will only go up.

"Heís been accountable and heís been consistent and when he follows that guideline Jacobyís career is going to take off," said head coach Gary Kubiak.

Just donít expect the self proclaimed veteran to stop bothering his mentor.

"I told him the other day he is considered old school heís 29 years old," said Jones with a smile. "Iím considered old and Iím 26. He didnít like that too much."
http://m.khou.com/khou/db_22213/cont...ps=3&full=true
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Jacoby Jones' breakout year

IMHO what Mathis could have been if he wasn't such an idio t.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

The accountability he has shown is the biggest thing i've noticed. He muffed up week 17 and dropped the ball which led to the INT for the Pats defensive score, and comes back later and makes a spectacular catch to keep us alive in the game. I anticipate great things from him this year.
Old 08-29-2010   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
IMHO what Mathis could have been if he wasn't such an idio t.
He had a lot of potential for sure. I don't remember how good his hands were though, IIRC correctly JJ has got much better hands.
Old 08-29-2010   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
The accountability he has shown is the biggest thing i've noticed. He muffed up week 17 and dropped the ball which led to the INT for the Pats defensive score, and comes back later and makes a spectacular catch to keep us alive in the game. I anticipate great things from him this year.
It's funny you mentioned that because I just re-watched that game on NFLN. They go back and add news and excerpts from coaches/players interviews. Andre talk specifically about JJ performance. He said he usually talks to him when he makes a mistake, in this case the fumble, and he said this time he didn't say anything, he wanted to see how JJ would respond and we know what happen next.

We are going to see good things from him this year.
Old 08-29-2010   #8
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

A contract year gives a lil extra motivation.....
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #9
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

I like what I have seen so far. I think Kubiak needs to have somebody else field punts. I do think he will have a significant part in whether the Texans make the playoffs and I don't think he should risk injury fielding punts. Just my opinion.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #10
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
He had a lot of potential for sure. I don't remember how good his hands were though, IIRC correctly JJ has got much better hands.
And much better size for a WR - he's 3 inches taller and 30 lbs. heavier. I don't think any combination of maturity and hard work was going to get Mathis close to the receiver JJ can be.
Old 08-29-2010   #11
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
I like what I have seen so far. I think Kubiak needs to have somebody else field punts. I do think he will have a significant part in whether the Texans make the playoffs and I don't think he should risk injury fielding punts. Just my opinion.
Problem is, he's by far our best weapon on punt returns. Kubiak likes to put
his best bullets in the gun. Holliday was supposed to be the replacement,
but since his head isn't in the game yet, Jacoby has to return punts.
Old 09-03-2010   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Found this on Roto World

9. TEXANS NO. 2 WR: KEVIN WALTER vs. JACOBY JONES
Winner: Walter (nominally)
Walter has continued to run as the starter throughout camp, but it's just by name. Jones has 12 catches in the preseason while Walter has three. Don't be surprised if that kind of disparity continues into the regular season. Jones remains one of our favorite sleepers.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Found this on Roto World

Walter has continued to run as the starter throughout camp, but it's just by name. Jones has 12 catches in the preseason while Walter has three. Don't be surprised if that kind of disparity continues into the regular season. Jones remains one of our favorite sleepers.
Nice find. I think the term "starter" is the most overrated and overused term that really means very little. It's more overrated than the 40 yard dash.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #14
Miggsy
Tyrone Biggums

Rep Power: 40 Miggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Found this on Roto World

I've seen plenty of pundits basically saying JJ is the #2 option and I would tend to agree. KW is the better blocker and that may keep him at the 2 spot but Jacoby is almost certainly going to put up much better stats. Your spot in the depth chart might not matter with how much we sling it around.
Miggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010   #15
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that he should start opposite Andre instead of K. Walters Jacoby has much more in his game than Kevin.
Old 09-03-2010   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby to return punts and kickoffs if Slaton isn't fully healthy by wk 1...

Per Kubes 2 seconds ago on the radio...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read