Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2010   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans notes: Reliant:Airhorn installed to bring tailgaters in

Quote:
New wrinkles in store

For fans who spend so much time tailgating they forget it's time for kickoff, the Texans will have a 170-decibel horn on top of Reliant Stadium that will sound 30 minutes and 15 minutes before kickoff.

Another new feature is a red zone area inside each gate for fans to purchase items $20 or less.

The Texans spent more than $2 million to improve concession stands, primarily so fans can get food and pay for it faster. Also, vendors can print receipts on the spot for the first time.

The Go Texans Store has undergone a face-lift, including an extension into Budweiser Plaza on game days.

The Texans also have upgraded the test message response system so they can respond to issues faster.

Smith earns starting nod

Wade Smith played well enough at left guard to warrant a second consecutive start in front of Kasey Studdard. Chris Myers owns the starting center job. Antoine Caldwell starts at right guard over Mike Brisiel.

The interior offensive line is an area of concern after last season's running woes.

"I think it has been a very good battle," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. "Kasey and Mike will both play a great deal. It's been good competition, and we're getting close. I feel good about the progress up front."

Texans plates available
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7175339.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans notes: Reliant:Airhorn installed to bring tailgaters in

Good, we need to those clowns out of the parking lot & grassy knoll and into their seats.
Old 08-28-2010   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 25465 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74676

I wonder what those $20 and under items are. Programs?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #4
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74676

I wonder what those $20 and under items are. Programs?
Training camp t-shirts and crap left over from the previous season, all size medium or less.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #5
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Training camp t-shirts and crap left over from the previous season, all size medium or less.
Probably 2009 Rodeo Shirts
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

it will be interesting to see how the guards do against Ratliff and company
Old 08-28-2010   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummm this was my idea. I believe SheTexan, Texans Chick and Yankee in Texas and possibly DieHardChris were present as we all discussed the Bull Pen, web site and got off on to game day experience.
Old 08-28-2010   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Ummm this was my idea. I believe SheTexan, Texans Chick and Yankee in Texas and possibly DieHardChris were present as we all discussed the Bull Pen, web site and got off on to game day experience.
You are correct Cak! Just hope this helps! It's gonna be a HOT one today! Hopefully, everyone will be headed in to get a little AC. I know I will!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #9
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how loud the horn will sound. Guess ill find out today
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post
I wonder how loud the horn will sound. Guess ill find out today
Quote:
6. Space Shuttle Launch

Shuttle-Launch

When the rockets fire, it is wise and, in fact, fully enforced, that you stand at least a half-mile away lest you get inundated by 165-170 decibels of painful sound. Unlike many other loud noises, the shuttle rocket sound is constant as it creates the thrust necessary to lift it from the ground.
http://listverse.com/2007/11/30/top-10-loudest-noises/
Old 08-28-2010   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

The horn is a good idea. But they should start blowing it every fifteen minutes starting 1 hour before kickoff. If you are just starting to pack up your tailgate stuff 30/15 minutes prior to the game, you will have a big problem getting to your seats by kickoff, especially if your parking space is far away or if you are on the upper decks.

The escalators/ramps just get too crowded near game time to move big groups of people. The time it takes to get to your seats is underestimated by a lot of fans because the stadium looks so close.
Old 08-28-2010   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I boo the fans for this. It should never have to come to this to get you to go to the game.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #13
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I boo the fans for this. It should never have to come to this to get you to go to the game.
Blame the tailgating and the price of beer inside the stadium. We're some drinking fools here in Texas and $0.00 is alot better than $8.00..

I'm not going to lie, there were times where I'd wait until the last second too, but I was always in my seat before kickoff.

I love the horn idea.......I think it'll add something to our tradition and stadium. I wish we could get that old air raid horn for when we score too. (Only on big plays though)
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #14
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Such a great idea. Its unique, as CB says....adds character to our stadium and aura. Really cool.

Boy, I gotta make it out to Reliant one of these days. Living in Los Angeles is a killer in every single way. Argh.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Did they do this yesterday? I assume either they did and I didnt hear anything, or they are waiting until regular season.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Did they do this yesterday? I assume either they did and I didnt hear anything, or they are waiting until regular season.
I didn't hear anything in the yellow lot. But, we did have the music pretty loud.

Seems to me most were in their seats by kickoff. A very good crowd for a preseason game.
Old 08-29-2010   #17
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

I was walking in from Platinum lot at 6:30 and I heard nothing. Didn't hearing anything at 6:45 either.

Driving back at 11pm and listening to 610, the guys mentioned they didn't hear anything either.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #18
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

They could just get a bunch of VY whiners together, and use them. You could hear them from miles away.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

they should just give us thoes soccer horns LOL that would totaly throw of the other teams offensive :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
they should just give us thoes soccer horns LOL that would totaly throw of the other teams offensive :P
I've already got a blue one.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read