Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-27-2010   #1
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 136 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tailgaters are encouraged to get in there seats for Kickoff

according to RJ and the chron.

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice...ortsJustice%29

Apparently they are going to be blowing a huge horn, to tell me people to stop drinking and head inside. About time, I say.
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tailgaters are encouraged to get in there seats for Kickoff

people are gonna do what they are gonna do, I just wished everybody would realize what a benefit it is for our boys to have the fans in their seats and cheering them on from the opening bell.
Old 08-27-2010   #3
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Well we do have the #1 tailgating in the NFL what do you expect!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #4
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

we go through this every year & people do the same crap so....at this point..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Tailgaters are encouraged to get in there seats for Kickoff

Problem is if you don't head in at 11 you don't make kickoff and people don't realize that.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #6
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Problem is if you don't head in at 11 you don't make kickoff and people don't realize that.
Understand that it takes time to get everything set up and out there... By the time that is done, and you are in full tailgating mode, it is close to 11 then and people don't want to start putting things up that soon..That's why we roll about 11:15 and we make it with aobut 5-10 minutes to spare.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I kinda look at it as foreplay! A good time to get all worked up for the big bang!!

Truthfully, it's as much a part of the WHOLE gameday experience as the game itself. My adrenalin starts pumping overtime as soon as I enter the gates of Reliant! That first blast of COLD air is pure heaven!! By the time I grab up my $6 coke and make my way to my seat, I am like the energizer bunny, ready to GOOOOO!!! Having a few minutes to visit with fellow seat mates I have known for 8 yrs, seeing our boys down on that field in last minute warmups, watching the smiles on faces of fellow Texan fans, having a little good natured fun teasing opposing teams fans, is all part of the FUN of football!! NO WAY IN HELL will I miss seeing our boys run onto that field and calling out their names!! It's just all part of my day of football, and I will not miss it!!

BE THERE!! It really is as much fun as tailgating!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2010   #8
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the horn idea...hopefully it'll get people IN to Reliant!
We pack up and ehad in 35-40 minutes before kick-off, plenty of time to buy a round of cold Buds and hit the restroom, be in our seats for player intros and the great Texans Video!

It worked over here for Mac Brown so I'll use it too.

COME EARLY.
WEAR BLUE or Red or WHITE.
BE LOUD.
STAY LATE!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

They could play the sound of a cow mooing, but that might attract too many Titans fans thinking its their wives calling them.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #10
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Sometimes we get carried away at the Tailgate, but that is part of the Game Day experience.

They should open the gates to the lots the day before, guaranteed people will camp out and be ready for a noon kickoff. Then again most of us would probably oversleep.

I do my best to get there at kickoff, love the intro, but sometimes that cold beer on the hot asphalt makes time go by too fast and before you know it you have to walk a mile to get to your seats.

The horn should help a little. Just can't wait for tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2010   #11
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess we are lucky. We have several people who stay at our bus and watch the game so we only have to pack up some of the stuff. We usually start at 11:15 and are in by 11:45
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default *sarcasm alert*

[rant in E minor]

I hate to break it to the franchise and RJ*, but only great teams feed off of the energy created by the fans. The key is great team first, then fan energy providing additional boost second. Great fans cannot make a bad or mediocre team better. Trust me, we've tried and left too many 3rd and longs converted by the opposing teams on the field. My peeps and I have lost our voices too many times to count at Reliant in losing games. And by "peeps", I mean tens of thousands of fellow Texans fans.

I completely understand what the franchise wants, but my take is that the fan paid for the ticket, it's their decision to get there when they feel like it. Give the fan a product that you want to be in your seat for kickoff and never leave and the fan will respond accordingly.

I was always there for every kickoff and never left before 0:00. But, that's just me. I don't lead or follow examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ
Nothing enhances the enjoyment of NFL football like a cold beer and couple of hot dogs bought from a stadium concession stand.
What??? Does this dude even understand the concept of tailgating? Who is going to eat that mass-produced crap over great tailgating food? Besides, getting heartburn and acid indigestion in the third quarter doesn't enhance anyone's enjoyment of NFL football. You know what does enhance it? WINNING.

Don't flame me for speaking the truth. "truth" being a relative term, of course

*actually I don't hate it...funny that he brings up fish sticks, too! He's a gay fish...

[/rant in E minor]
Old 08-27-2010   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Great post DB!
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #14
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: *sarcasm alert*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
[rant in E minor]

I hate to break it to the franchise and RJ*, but only great teams feed off of the energy created by the fans. The key is great team first, then fan energy providing additional boost second. Great fans cannot make a bad or mediocre team better. Trust me, we've tried and left too many 3rd and longs converted by the opposing teams on the field. My peeps and I have lost our voices too many times to count at Reliant in losing games. And by "peeps", I mean tens of thousands of fellow Texans fans.

I completely understand what the franchise wants, but my take is that the fan paid for the ticket, it's their decision to get there when they feel like it. Give the fan a product that you want to be in your seat for kickoff and never leave and the fan will respond accordingly.

I was always there for every kickoff and never left before 0:00. But, that's just me. I don't lead or follow examples.

What??? Does this dude even understand the concept of tailgating? Who is going to eat that mass-produced crap over great tailgating food? Besides, getting heartburn and acid indigestion in the third quarter doesn't enhance anyone's enjoyment of NFL football. You know what does enhance it? WINNING.

*actually I don't hate it...funny that he brings up fish sticks, too! He's a gay fish...

[/rant in E minor]

I read that crap, apparently, we all sit around and ***** about Obama? Why the hell did he even have to include that? I guess its his inner "OOOH LOOK AT ME" coming out.

Gay Fish

Old 08-27-2010   #15
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

It might help getting fans in earlier if they'd cut out the lame ass pat down they do. That thing is a total waste of time.

They don't do it anywhere else. The Astros have 81 home games and they don't pat anyone down. Yeah, you still gotta check bags, but there is no pat down. I don't get why the Texans waste their time and ours doing this.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
It might help getting fans in earlier if they'd cut out the lame ass pat down they do. That thing is a total waste of time.

They don't do it anywhere else. The Astros have 81 home games and they don't pat anyone down. Yeah, you still gotta check bags, but there is no pat down. I don't get why the Texans waste their time and ours doing this.
We got a semi-pat down in NOLA
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #17
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Of course you did, it was New Orleans.

Old 08-27-2010   #18
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
That's just it. If it was an actually pat down, I might understand, but it's more of them just waving their arms around you, barely even touching you, and it's useless. Does nothing but cause a huge traffic jam at the gate.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #19
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

I think that it has something to do with the NFL.
They do the lame pat downs at the Eagles games too.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: *sarcasm alert*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
[rant in E minor]

[/rant in E minor]
Bravo on this entire post!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read