Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2010   #1
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bernard Pollard on Jim Rome

I forgot Pollard was on Jim Rome today. I heard at 12pm that he would be on later and totally forgot. Did anyone happen to catch him on?
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010   #2
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bernard Pollard on Jim Rome

It was actually Josh Innes hosting the Jim Rome show

Anyhow,

http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2010/08/26/...or-rome-again/
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010   #3
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
It was actually Josh Innes hosting the Jim Rome show

Anyhow,

http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2010/08/26/...or-rome-again/
Yeah I know Rome wasn't in but I couldn't remember who was hosting today..thanks.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010   #4
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

He sounds very confident. I heart Bi-Pollard!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
He sounds very confident. I heart Bi-Pollard!
Check out my sig!
Old 08-26-2010   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I half-joke here, when I say this, but I often wonder how long it will take before the indifference and mediocrity of the defensive line will wear down the Cush and Pollard?

It's so hard to push CHANGE when there's a contingency that's holding out. Does anybody here also feel like our LBs and our DBs are a cohesive unit, and the defensive line is like this malcontent child that drags his feet and is disagreeable because he's being made to get a haircut and maybe try on shoes at a store Saturday morning? He doesn't make a big scene about it, but he also isn't exactly enthused about the idea of a wasted Saturday morning. Passive-aggressive in a way. "I'll go, but you ain't gonna' see me smile about it...'

Pollard runs that secondary.

Cushing (and DeMeco, too) run that LB squad.

But the defensive line should be Mario's bunch...and yet it feels like they're not the same grade as the LBs and DBs. They look like a bunch of mopey-dopey misfits who go through the motions out there.

Got no stats or quotes. Just observation and feelings on it.
Old 08-26-2010   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it's the whole D-Line, but you're right.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2010   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

so what did he say recap plz
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

He said the D-Line sucks and we're tired of it.

PS-It wouldn't surprise me much. It is Pollard.

Old 08-26-2010   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

the problem is the Middle AMobi and Cody its obvs now thats the problem

i think our DE are fine
Old 08-26-2010   #11
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

GP nailed it.

And Amobi Okoye is the worst pick of all freaking time. Not because he sucks, no, not that. Well...that...but because of who we passed on. The picks following him are ridiculous and continues to disappoint. I'd love for Earl Mitchell to burst on the scene but I think this is going to be a tight year for rookies trying to get playing time. DT is a problem that's taking away from an otherwise stout defense.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010   #12
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Again, we had a very solid D over the last 13 games last year. I have no reason not to expect more of the same this year despite last weekend. I think our secondary will be stronger overall, second year DC better than first, Connor Barwin could be a solid addition with more playing time, etc,etc.... Cush missing 4 games being the big worry.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Of course our secondary will be better no more Dunta !!!!!!!!!!!!! getting burned and torched
Old 08-27-2010   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Of course our secondary will be better no more Dunta !!!!!!!!!!!!! getting burned and torched
So you really think we are a better team without Dunta?

I can see that it was his time to leave and not worth the money but in no way does his departure make this team better!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

I think we're a better team without Dunta as our #1 CB, but I'd love to have his as our #2.

Old 08-27-2010   #16
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

I would take Dunta over our #2...I may not like the guy but he is talented.
Dwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #17
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Check out my sig!
Thats Nice!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #18
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Swagtastic bi-pollard
Old 08-27-2010   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I the only one bothered by Pollard a little? For years people, myself included, said the team needed more attitude and swagger, etc. Pollard brought talent, swagger and attitude....but he also brought a constantly running mouth with alot of claims to backup. There is a fine line between being a great sound byte/defensive leader/attitude leader and a mouthy talent with attitude. Sometimes he rides that line for me. Don't state your going to show the Saints who the better team is and then tank. He may have done his part but as a leader he has to have them prepared. Lead and then talk. Talk on the field for all I care. I like that. Just don't be a human quote machine for being badass and then falter. I'd just rather he be the attitudinal assassin without so much pregame talk. I can see how this might wear some down.
Old 08-27-2010   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Am I the only one bothered by Pollard a little? For years people, myself included, said the team needed more attitude and swagger, etc. Pollard brought talent, swagger and attitude....but he also brought a constantly running mouth with alot of claims to backup. There is a fine line between being a great sound byte/defensive leader/attitude leader and a mouthy talent with attitude. Sometimes he rides that line for me. Don't state your going to show the Saints who the better team is and then tank. He may have done his part but as a leader he has to have them prepared. Lead and then talk. Talk on the field for all I care. I like that. Just don't be a human quote machine for being badass and then falter. I'd just rather he be the attitudinal assassin without so much pregame talk. I can see how this might wear some down.
It doesn't really bother me, but I've never really got into all the talk, swagger or whatever you want to call it. If that's what it takes to perform on the field, so be it, but expect to get reamed when the performance sucks

BTW, Josh Innes is a moron

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read