Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-25-2010   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson listed as second best player overall in the NFL

Guess who's first?

Yup, Peyton Manning.

Anyway, pretty good list overall. Heres the top 10

1. Peyton Manning
2. Andre Johnson
3. Darrelle Revis
3 (tied). DeMarcus Ware
3 (tied). Drew Brees
3 (tied). Joe Thomas
3 (tied). Larry Fitzgerald
3 (tied). Nnamdi Asomugha
3 (tied). Patrick Willis
3 (tied). Tom Brady

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/scouting
Old 08-25-2010   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson listed as second best player overall in the NFL

I love me some Andre, but Revis seems to do a good job shutting AJ down, so I might have to put him ahead of AJ right now.
Old 08-25-2010   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I love me some Andre, but Revis seems to do a good job shutting AJ down, so I might have to put him ahead of AJ right now.
They have only played one time against each other and the pass rush was the much bigger problem that day.
Old 08-25-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
They have only played one time against each other and the pass rush was the much bigger problem that day.
Bingo!
Old 08-25-2010   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Exactly. We were definitely not ready for their type of "exotic" blitzes.
Old 08-25-2010   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Having an 8-way tie for 3rd is kinda cheating IMO.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #7
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25709 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson listed as second best player overall in the NFL

AJ certainly deserves to be on that list. But I doubt the validity of that list with no Chris Johnson or Adrian Petersen.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
AJ certainly deserves to be on that list. But I doubt the validity of that list with no Chris Johnson or Adrian Petersen.
They are both on the list
Old 08-25-2010   #9
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Very interesting.
As a Texans fan I'm delighted that AJ gets some recognition that he deserves but as we all know too often fails to get. On the down side it's still gotta hurt that we left both Revis & Willis on the Board and took Okoye instead.
There's so many guys not in the top 10 that could be there, but the ones that are there are derseving so what are you gonna do. Just one player I question being rated on that very exclusive list: Joe Thomas ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
They are tied at number 11
Old 08-25-2010   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Very interesting.
As a Texans fan I'm delighted that AJ gets some recognition that he deserves but as we all know too often fails to get. On the down side it's still gotta hurt that we left both Revis & Willis on the Board and took Okoye instead.
There's so many guys not in the top 10 that could be there, but the ones that are there are derseving so what are you gonna do. Just one player I question being rated on that very exclusive list: Joe Thomas ?
I have seen a lot of reports that have Joe Thomas as the #1 OT in the game. In fact Scouts Inc. has him as #1 by a pretty good margin over Long & Clady.
Old 08-25-2010   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

How do they have Revis ahead of Aso? Aso's been doing it at the same (or higher) level than Revis, and he's doing it with FAR less pass rush.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
How do they have Revis ahead of Aso? Aso's been doing it at the same (or higher) level than Revis, and he's doing it with FAR less pass rush.
They have them tied but yeah. I would probably have Aso a bit higher.
Old 08-25-2010   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we will start to get some flags in our favor like Manning does.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got so ticked when we didn't take Revis that I haven't paid any attention to the draft since. That's when I really knew that watching that will never make me happy. I'm no expert, and I know that of course, but....well, anyway, that was one I really wanted and now I can be all conceited about it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #16
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I have seen a lot of reports that have Joe Thomas as the #1 OT in the game. In fact Scouts Inc. has him as #1 by a pretty good margin over Long & Clady.
Yea, but see I hear more about Clady in the last couple years since he came into league than any OT. And Long ? A RT impersonating a LT. FWIW.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I got so ticked when we didn't take Revis that I haven't paid any attention to the draft since. That's when I really knew that watching that will never make me happy. I'm no expert, and I know that of course, but....well, anyway, that was one I really wanted and now I can be all conceited about it.
To think we could have had Patrick Willis

I know he and DeMeco both play the same position...but something could have been figured out!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #18
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
It's easy to shut Andre down, when Jenkins is tossing Chris Myers on
his ass, and getting into Schaub's face. Revis's performance was
a large result of Rex Ryan's relentless pass-rushing schemes, and the
pussified blocking of the Texans that day.

Bottom line, don't give Revis too much credit.
Old 08-25-2010   #19
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
To think we could have had Patrick Willis
The regime thought Amobi was the second coming of Warren Sapp.
Who knew?
Old 08-25-2010   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
It's easy to shut Andre down, when Jenkins is tossing Chris Myers on
his ass, and getting into Schaub's face. Revis's performance was
a large result of Rex Ryan's relentless pass-rushing schemes, and the
pussified blocking of the Texans that day.

Bottom line, don't give Revis too much credit.
I dont know.... Revis shut down every single #1 receiver he played against, IIRC

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read