Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-24-2010   #1
newtexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 newtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Defense will shine against cowboys !!

Texans must play MITCHELL and SHEPPARD more with the ones and in diffrent schemes , these guys fit nicely if used correctly, TEXANS WIN 21-17.
newtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense will shine against cowboys !!

I pray that Sheppard makes the Texans roster. Else, I fear a major meltdown from newtexan.
Old 08-24-2010   #3
newtexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 newtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respectednewtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

i'll be fine thanks, just trying to build this wall one brick at a time ,i like big MITCH also.
Old 08-25-2010   #4
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

They're too raw. I look forward to their contribution next year. Until then, it's Okoye and Cody.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #5
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

I like your enthusiasm, but I for one don't feel confident about the defense after last week.

The Saints have a better passing game than the Cowboys, but the Cowboys have a better running game...and our run defense sucked last week.
Dwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

It's going to be one boring ass game. Since they meet in the regular season, neither team will want to show too much - on either side of the ball.
Old 08-25-2010   #7
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
It's going to be one boring ass game. Since they meet in the regular season, neither team will want to show too much - on either side of the ball.
For that matter, neither team is showing me much as it is now...at least it will be a hell of a tailgate party...The game is just a good tailgate halftime break !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2010   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't your last thread exactly this? Start Mitchell and Sheppard at DT?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
65, I think he is a politician. If you say something enough times people will start to believe it.
Old 08-25-2010   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I thought I'd seen another thread on this. Also, like in the other thread, Mitchell DID play with the one's. They were rotating everyone on the Dline.

Hmm, maybe that's why they sucked?
Old 08-26-2010   #11
newtexan
Veteran

This will be a good game for the TEXANS , i really expect to see the defense come alive in this game, i believe the offense is already- game ready.
Old 08-26-2010   #12
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtexan View Post
This will be a good game for the TEXANS , i really expect to see the defense come alive in this game, i believe the offense is already- game ready.
I don't see why you expect the defense to "come alive" against the #2 offense last year after laying an egg against the #1 offense...I'm mostly worried about the run defense, or lack thereof.
Old 08-26-2010   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans will put on a show for the home crowd, you know they want to win this one even if it doesn't matter. I'll go Texans 34 - Cowboys 20
Old 08-26-2010   #14
newtexan
Veteran

I'm sure the Saints had fans last year on their message boards expecting the same ol Saints, i truly believe if the Texans beat the Cowboys it will spring-board their confidence and their season.
Old 08-26-2010   #15
Dwade
Veteran

Quote:
I'm sure the Saints had fans last year on their message boards expecting the same ol Saints, i truly believe if the Texans beat the Cowboys it will spring-board their confidence and their season.
No. Not in the pre-season.

If they beat the Colts in week 1 it will, and/or beat the Cowboys in week 3. Pre-season games are not going to inspire them to greatness.
Old 08-26-2010   #16
newtexan
Veteran

Dude,.. a team like the Texans need these type games, yes it's only preseason, but it will have a playoff atmosphere, it's like beating your big bro. in a one on one b-ball game, his mind was on his girl, but it's a win you'll never forget, and from that day on you feel as though you've arrrriiiiivvved !!!!!
Old 08-26-2010   #17
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Mitchell appears to be a good pass rushing DT. Sheppard may come on. The problem is that the Texans have NO run stopping DT's on the roster. They have no DT who will command double teams and free up Ryans to do his best work. Without good run stopping DT's keeping the oline off Ryans, it is hard for Ryans to be an effective force at and behind the LOS. But hey, I'm glad we spent 1/3 of our draft on TE, WR, & KR......
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010   #18
newtexan
Veteran

I say ride Okam and Cody hard, rotate Mitchell and Okoye often, bring the inside LB up to plug the gap, allow Sheppard some DE time, the Texans are not that far away.
Old 08-26-2010   #19
Dwade
Veteran

Quote:
Dude,.. a team like the Texans need these type games, yes it's only preseason, but it will have a playoff atmosphere, it's like beating your big bro. in a one on one b-ball game, his mind was on his girl, but it's a win you'll never forget, and from that day on you feel as though you've arrrriiiiivvved !!!!!
Terrible analogy.

If the team actually thinks they have "arrived" after winning a pre-season game, then we are really screwed.

This pre-season game means nothing compared to the Colts week one
Old 08-26-2010   #20
newtexan
Veteran

it's terrible analogy if you don't have a big brother, all i'm saying is a win right now is good medicine for this Texan team, i played football, and when we beat the states bully in a scrimmage, we felt as though we were state champs, and we went on to have a great season, didn't win the state championship but what a ride, and it all started in that lil ole scrimmage .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read