Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The NFL was serious about the "no in-game Tweeting" thing, Chad

Wolf

100% Texan
Roger Goodell made it clear to Chad Ochocinco(notes) and everyone else that the league didn't want players using Twitter during NFL games. Chad said he was going to do it anyway.

He kept his word. So did the NFL. Tuesday, it touched him up with a $25,000 fine.

The Ocho fired off two Tweets during a preseason game against the Eagles on Friday night (actually, one Tweet came before the game, but the policy goes into effect 90 minutes prior to kickoff), and the NFL shot back the fine.

Two Tweets, that's 280 characters. At $25,000, that comes out to about $89.29 per character. And what were the pearls of wisdom that merited this exorbitant price tag?

Here's the first:

Just talk with Kelly Washington , Desean Jackson(notes), Geoff Pope, Hank Baskett(notes) and I caught a ball from Mike Vick, I love prw-game warm up

And the second:

Man Im sick of getting hit like that , its the damn preseason *******! 1day I'm gone jump up and start throwing hay makers , #Tylenolplease

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...us-about-the-quot-no-in-game-t?urn=nfl-264825

It could be worse. At least he and Terrell weren't tweeting each other from different ends of the bench..Batman and Robin and all that.

Chad Johnson just gets more and more annoying every year. He's your typical athlete that thrives for attention and cares more about it than he does winning. Every year it's either his endzone dances his name changing, or the controversy of having his name on his jersey changed, or twittering now. The guy is such a freaking clown man. I'll be so happy once he's no longer in the NFL. Only the pundits at ESPN will surely hire this jerk off to talk about games every week like they have with terrible guys like Irvin, Emmit, and Deion.

If they want to prove a point, you have to do more than fines. 25 grand is bubble gum to these guys.

I can guarantee that 99% of the players do pay attention to the fines and think its more than bubble gum. Sure they make a lot of coin but what do you think they'd rather do with all that 'after-tax' income? Pay fines to the NFL or not break the rules and blow it on parties with a bunch of b*tches!?

You tell the players that if they do "X" that you're going to take away a years worth of payments on their brand new $100K Porsche... they're going to listen.

Chad Johnson just gets more and more annoying every year. He's your typical athlete that thrives for attention and cares more about it than he does winning. Every year it's either his endzone dances his name changing, or the controversy of having his name on his jersey changed, or twittering now. The guy is such a freaking clown man. I'll be so happy once he's no longer in the NFL. Only the pundits at ESPN will surely hire this jerk off to talk about games every week like they have with terrible guys like Irvin, Emmit, and Deion.

In a lot of cases, like reality show stars, I am quick to label them attention whores, but I'm not so sure about Ocho Cinco. I just don't get the feeling from him and his antics that he is doing it for the sake of attention, I think he's doing it because he wants to have fun and entertain people. I think attention is a byproduct of his actions, not the sole purpose.

I recall a story last year saying that he bought the last ~3,000 tickets to a Bengals home game because he didn't want it to be blacked out in the local market. Then did something to give them away to fans, which I think says a lot about how much he cares for his team and the fans.

In a lot of cases, like reality show stars, I am quick to label them attention whores, but I'm not so sure about Ocho Cinco. I just don't get the feeling from him and his antics that he is doing it for the sake of attention, I think he's doing it because he wants to have fun and entertain people. I think attention is a byproduct of his actions, not the sole purpose.

I recall a story last year saying that he bought the last ~3,000 tickets to a Bengals home game because he didn't want it to be blacked out in the local market. Then did something to give them away to fans, which I think says a lot about how much he cares for his team and the fans.

He's the most attention craved athlete in the entire NFL.

And he's about as entertaining as Bozo the clown.

But Ochocinco is a reality show star, too!

"The Ultimate Catch"

Good for him about buying the tickets, but he could have just done it anonymously. That is how much philanthropy is conducted by many folks.

I don't find him all that entertaining, but as always, to each his own.

Well when they get fined it goes to a charity right? How can a dude feel like he's been reprimanded if his consequence results in helping a charitable cause. I bet they'd be more upset with having to attend something instead.

Well when they get fined it goes to a charity right? How can a dude feel like he's been reprimanded if his consequence results in helping a charitable cause. I bet they'd be more upset with having to attend something instead.

From what I can remember I think the Fine Income goes to designated charites as well as a Players Association Assistance Trust which collects money for former players medical/health assistance and educational needs.

What would be interesting to me is if the NFL is able to "write off" this income for tax purposes since it is designated to non-profit entities or if the fined player is able to. Personally, if the player gets fined I think the NFL should be allowed to and not the player.

In any event, I think they should implement a progressive fine for players that break the same rules over and over again. There should be a cap for the initial fines, but if a player continues to break that rule, the cap should be released and each offense after that should be the initial 'cap' amount plus the minimum set fee. Or something like that.

Just like COC....to be more focused on his persona in a game than THE GAME. That's why you suck Chad, that's why the Bengals suck CHAD JOHNSON.

When we were little "chad" was a term for poop. As in, "I just took a wicked chad" or, "You chad-head"!!

Back