Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-24-2010   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans' Johnson already making mark on Houston history

Quote:
CORPUS CHRISTI There are many images that come to mind with Houston pro wide receivers.

Charlie Hennigan hauling in 100 catches. Kenny Burrough, all 6-foot-3, 215 pounds of him, striding down the field in his double-zero Columbia blue jersey. Warren Moon's army of Red Gun receivers.

But the most enduring picture for many Houston fans is the most recent. Big, blazing fast Andre Johnson swiping passes in coverage and racing defenders to the end zone. Johnson, of the Houston Texans, was the runaway winner of one receiver spot on the all-time Houston pro team as voted by caller.com readers.

If Johnson played prior to this era, he might be a tight end, at 6-foot-3, 228 pounds. His combination of size and quickness is a rarity, even with the influx of dominant receivers during the past three decades.

Willie Alexander, who played cornerback for the Oilers from 1971 through 1979, can only come up with one player from his era who has a similar game to Johnson -- 6-3 Otis Taylor, a tough, fast Houston native who stood out for the Kansas City Chiefs for 11 seasons.

"I'm glad I don't have to play him," Alexander said. "The way I describe (Johnson) is, metaphorically, like a gorilla and all the players around him trying to stop him are little chimpanzees."
http://www.caller.com/news/2010/aug/...rk-on-houston/
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Texans' Johnson already making mark on Houston history

Quote:
"I'm glad I don't have to play him," Alexander said. "The way I describe (Johnson) is, metaphorically, like a gorilla and all the players around him trying to stop him are little chimpanzees."
Signed,

Howard Cosell
Old 08-24-2010   #3
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 13154 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever, Dre is more like a Yeti or Sasquatch.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #4
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Texans' Johnson already making mark on Houston history

He reminded me of a tank when he scored that touchdown against the Cardinals.
Old 08-24-2010   #5
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Signed,

Howard Cosell
Holy crap I was thinking the exact same thing when I read that part!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's just the G.O.A.T.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

"Texans' Johnson makes it's mark" does not make me think of football. Not at all.
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2010   #8
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Whatever, Dre is more like a Yeti or Sasquatch.
... who runs a 4.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
"Texans' Johnson makes it's mark" does not make me think of football. Not at all.
lol

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 119243 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Scouts Inc. has AJ as the #2 rated player in the NFL, behind only the Forehead!
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

stuff like this just makes me cringe when i hear the talking heads sniffing Fitz's jockstrap and calling him the best. Andre proved his worth even before he had a good QB, let's see how much Fitzgerald drops off with Leinart/Anderson.

I shouldnt really care what talking heads think, but we all know this, AJ is a beast.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
stuff like this just makes me cringe when i hear the talking heads sniffing Fitz's jockstrap and calling him the best. Andre proved his worth even before he had a good QB, let's see how much Fitzgerald drops off with Leinart/Anderson.

I shouldnt really care what talking heads think, but we all know this, AJ is a beast.
Ditto! The best thing about Andre is he's OUR'S!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read