Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-24-2010   #1
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default First cut date: 08-31 Who goes 1st?

Perhaps a little early to discuss but it's something of interest to me. I'm certainly not as informed as many others here but here's my SWAG list in no certain order:

Nicholas Polk: Just havent' heard his name much and #'s

London Crawford: Crowded position w/OD returning

Bobby Williams: Again, a crowd, and I think GK will try to let him catch on elsewhere

JD Booty: My thinking is they'll be looking for other young talent that is in a QB #'s game somewhere else

Fred Bennett: Have heard Fred's name a lot. None of it good. Another early "mercy" cut

Flame away or contribute, that's all I have ;^)

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First cut date: 08-31 Who goes 1st?

I heard me and Bill got cut AGAIN! DAMN! Guess we need to try harder next year man.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty good list, I cant really think of much I would change. Maybe Derek Fine instead of Polk?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Perhaps a little early to discuss but it's something of interest to me. I'm certainly not as informed as many others here but here's my SWAG list in no certain order:

Bobby Williams: Again, a crowd, and I think GK will try to let him catch on elsewhere

JD Booty: My thinking is they'll be looking for other young talent that is in a QB #'s game somewhere else

Fred Bennett: Have heard Fred's name a lot. None of it good. Another early "mercy" cut

I pretty much agree with all your cuts. I believe Crawford sealed his fate with that block in the back during Jacoby's punt return.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I think JD Booty is going to make it, he might get cut then put on the PS (he's still got eligibility I think) but I don't see Kubes giving him a cut yet. They haven't brought in any other QB's to push him.
Old 08-24-2010   #6
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Solid list.. However, they definitely won't cut Booty. They need Booty to play the second half of the game vs. Tampa Bay.
Old 08-24-2010   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Solid list.. However, they definitely won't cut Booty. They need Booty to play the second half of the game vs. Tampa Bay.
yes, he is very adept holding a clip board something Kubiak knows a thing or two about
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2010   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
yes, he is very adept holding a clip board something Kubiak knows a thing or two about
So Booty may be an NFL coach some day?
Old 08-24-2010   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think fred bennett makes this round of cuts, he's been beasting on special teams!!!!!
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Yeah i think Bennett stays on the team for the special teams factor. Can't cover worth sh*t but he at least has value in that. He will at least make the first cut.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see London Crawford signed to the practice squad. I think there's something worth developing there and no, I've not been suckered in by his "Blind Side-esq" life story.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #12
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'd like to see London Crawford signed to the practice squad. I think there's something worth developing there and no, I've not been suckered in by his "Blind Side-esq" life story.
1st bolded: Can ya do that on the 1st cut? Dunno, just asking.

2nd bolded: Not aware of his "life story". What is it? link?

Old 08-24-2010   #13
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2075 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1st bolded: Can ya do that on the 1st cut? Dunno, just asking.

2nd bolded: Not aware of his "life story". What is it? link?
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ondon+crawford

Saints just made their first cuts.(Cuts coming: Saints released veteran LB Troy Evans, and waived WRs Mark Bradley and Rod Harper, G Tim Duckworth and CB Danny Gorrer) Troy Evans anyone? Ha, kidding.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #14
drs23 
Veteran

[quote=HoustonSportsFan09;1502767]http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ondon+crawford

I feel silly now. I did read that. So there's MY short term memory!

Old 08-24-2010   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=drs23;1502801]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ondon+crawford

I feel silly now. I did read that. So there's MY short term memory!
You left your memory in NOLA!
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #16
drs23 
Veteran

[quote=JB;1502808]
Quote:

You left your memory in NOLA!
Hehe ;^) what there was in the 1st place

Old 08-24-2010   #17
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Look for Deljuan Robinson to get cut. I hate it, but he has zero chance of making the roster now, it appears.

Kubiak was quoted after practice today talking about the DTs situation. That quote combined with the mention in the presser that he made some "nice plays" has me convinced Okam makes the roster and Deljuan has zero shot at it. Here's what I just wrote about it on Texans Bull Blog. I copied and pasted the entire thing but some of the colors and links don't translate, but, you get the idea:

Well, I must say that I am not happy about this but I saw it coming: It is now clear, right from the horse’s mouth (sort of), that Frank Okam is assured of a roster spot and that Deljuan Robinson is a likely roster cut. Clearly, there has been evidence of this newly discovered information from the gameday rotation… particularly in New Orleans when Big, Fat Frank received reps in the first quarter. Then, in Sunday’s presser, Kubiak mentioned that Frank Okam made a “couple nice plays”… and finally, from practice this afternoon, Coach Kubiak essentially announced the DTs that will be on the opening day roster. Here’s the quote, followed by the translation in red italics:

(on if he’s going to be trying out more defensive tackles) “No, but we probably will be looking at a few more. We’ve got a bunch of young players behind our three. So we’re going to continue to bring some guys in and look at them. If we’re to develop a problem down the line we’ve got to have some resources to pull from. That’s basically what we’re doing.” (via houstontexans.com)

Amobi Okoye, Shaun Cody, and Frank Okam are the three veterans we are counting on… After that, Earl Mitchell and maybe Malcolm Sheppard are rookies that will fill out the backend of our roster. Maybe we can find a veteran and place Sheppard on the practice squad, but we aren’t sure. Deljuan Robinson isn’t even an after-thought to me anymore. Even those guys at Texans Bull Blog, who clearly have the ability to read my mind, don’t know why I have so thoroughly dismissed Deljuan Robinson as a Texan DT… and, he’ll soon be cut and they’ll never find out!

Well, there you go. Directly from Kubiak’s mind, the Texans DTs will be: Cody, Okoye, Okam, Mitchell and probably Sheppard. Robinson to be cut.
Old 08-25-2010   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
So Booty may be an NFL coach some day?
after he pays his dues, you know the progression, clip board, QB coach, OC then HC, don't see why not?
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #19
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quick Update: I asked Nick Scurfield from Houstontexans.com about the Kubiak quote and he said they had a typo and that Kubiak was actually discussing the offensive tackles not the defensive tackles:
Texans Bull Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Look for Deljuan Robinson to get cut. I hate it, but he has zero chance of making the roster now, it appears.

Kubiak was quoted after practice today talking about the DTs situation. That quote combined with the mention in the presser that he made some "nice plays" has me convinced Okam makes the roster and Deljuan has zero shot at it. Here's what I just wrote about it on Texans Bull Blog. I copied and pasted the entire thing but some of the colors and links don't translate, but, you get the idea:

Well, I must say that I am not happy about this but I saw it coming: It is now clear, right from the horse’s mouth (sort of), that Frank Okam is assured of a roster spot and that Deljuan Robinson is a likely roster cut. Clearly, there has been evidence of this newly discovered information from the gameday rotation… particularly in New Orleans when Big, Fat Frank received reps in the first quarter. Then, in Sunday’s presser, Kubiak mentioned that Frank Okam made a “couple nice plays”… and finally, from practice this afternoon, Coach Kubiak essentially announced the DTs that will be on the opening day roster. Here’s the quote, followed by the translation in red italics:

(on if he’s going to be trying out more defensive tackles) “No, but we probably will be looking at a few more. We’ve got a bunch of young players behind our three. So we’re going to continue to bring some guys in and look at them. If we’re to develop a problem down the line we’ve got to have some resources to pull from. That’s basically what we’re doing.” (via houstontexans.com)

Amobi Okoye, Shaun Cody, and Frank Okam are the three veterans we are counting on… After that, Earl Mitchell and maybe Malcolm Sheppard are rookies that will fill out the backend of our roster. Maybe we can find a veteran and place Sheppard on the practice squad, but we aren’t sure. Deljuan Robinson isn’t even an after-thought to me anymore. Even those guys at Texans Bull Blog, who clearly have the ability to read my mind, don’t know why I have so thoroughly dismissed Deljuan Robinson as a Texan DT… and, he’ll soon be cut and they’ll never find out!

Well, there you go. Directly from Kubiak’s mind, the Texans DTs will be: Cody, Okoye, Okam, Mitchell and probably Sheppard. Robinson to be cut.
Old 08-27-2010   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Rackers!!!!! Sorry, to tempting!! Had to just a little!

Don't really care!! Just give me my team and lets get on with the SHOW!! Damn, I'm READY for Sept 12th to get here!!! This preseason stuff sucks!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read