Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-23-2010   #1
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 51708 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Oh Woe is me!

Gloom & Doom! Despair!

My team lost it's first 2 preseason games! All hope is lost! This team sucks! Fire everybody today and let's start all over!

WTF is up with you people? If you really enjoy being pessimistic about our season, have at it. Rail all you want. I'm sure that when the Texans make the playoffs you will find something else to ***** about.

I'm also pretty sure that your breakfast is screwed up everytime you eat out.

******* it! I'm out!
Old 08-23-2010   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oh Woe is me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Gloom & Doom! Despair!

My team lost it's first 2 preseason games! All hope is lost! This team sucks! Fire everybody today and let's start all over!

WTF is up with you people? If you really enjoy being pessimistic about our season, have at it. Rail all you want. I'm sure that when the Texans make the playoffs you will find something else to ***** about.

******* it! I'm out!
What kinda Puh Ce are you?.... Dude, this team is fixin' to go 19-0!!!

It's this attitude that made New Orleans a bad road trip!!!!
Old 08-24-2010   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts exactly, get a grip people.
Old 08-24-2010   #4
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes indeed...reminds me of the old Hee Haw skit...gloom despair and agony on me...

It ain't nearly as bad as the Chicken Littles are saying, the sky is not falling.

It is pre-season!

Just win on Sept 12 !!!

Go TEXANS!!!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #5
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What kinda Puh Ce are you?.... Dude, this team is fixin' to go 19-0!!!
18-1 at best .
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
18-1 at best .
Yeah, we do have to play the dame San Diego Chargers. (**** you Caldwell)

Admittedly, nobody on this board gets that joke.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #7
Esoom
Veteran

Section: 631
Rep Power: 256 Esoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
18-1 at best .
Wow, we lose 2 preseason games and you're already writing off our perfect season.

***** it! I'm out!
Old 08-24-2010   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this is supposed to be funny.. and normally im the type of guy on these forums that would be right there with you, blowing off an unimportant poor performance and talking about all the upside we have.

But ive been around long enough now that honestly, all I saw last saturday was the same Texans ive seen every year. Inconsistant. Talented, but lacking the backbone to play to their potential.

It was depressing because I was hoping that this year would be the year that we played like a playoff team. God knows we have the talent.. we are bursting at the seams with talent and potential. But even though it was a preseason game I just dont see how we could go out there and be dominated like that when we supposedly "turned a corner".

It looks to me like we havent turned any corners.. we talk the talk but still arent quite walking the walk.

What really gets me is I just dont know if we will FINALLY have an epiphany before regular season starts.

Im not gonna say that this season is a bust. Too much can happen... too many things can change in our favor. But I dont feel like we are going into this season hungry, and ready to beat anyone who faces us. I feel like we are still tentatively inching forward.. lacking in both confidence and arrogance.

So..yeah.. sorry.. I wish I could follow along in the good natured ribbing. But I honestly just feel bad about this season. But heck.. im always the glass is half full guy.. maybe my skepticism means that this is the year we finally kick ass.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #9
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
I know this is supposed to be funny.. and normally im the type of guy on these forums that would be right there with you, blowing off an unimportant poor performance and talking about all the upside we have.

But ive been around long enough now that honestly, all I saw last saturday was the same Texans ive seen every year. Inconsistant. Talented, but lacking the backbone to play to their potential.

It was depressing because I was hoping that this year would be the year that we played like a playoff team. God knows we have the talent.. we are bursting at the seams with talent and potential. But even though it was a preseason game I just dont see how we could go out there and be dominated like that when we supposedly "turned a corner".

It looks to me like we havent turned any corners.. we talk the talk but still arent quite walking the walk.

What really gets me is I just dont know if we will FINALLY have an epiphany before regular season starts.

Im not gonna say that this season is a bust. Too much can happen... too many things can change in our favor. But I dont feel like we are going into this season hungry, and ready to beat anyone who faces us. I feel like we are still tentatively inching forward.. lacking in both confidence and arrogance.

So..yeah.. sorry.. I wish I could follow along in the good natured ribbing. But I honestly just feel bad about this season. But heck.. im always the glass is half full guy.. maybe my skepticism means that this is the year we finally kick ass.
It's official... by you making your first non-homer posting, we're heading to the Playoffs...

Now if SH will make a pro-Kubiak posting we'll make the Super Bowl
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
It's official... by you making your first non-homer posting, we're heading to the Playoffs...

Now if SH will make a pro-Kubiak posting we'll make the Super Bowl
Youre up too early old fart. You dont have many days left on this earth to sleep in.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 282262 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The coffee is only warm and not hot this morning, and that really pisses me off. Also it's hot outside and the traffic is bad.

It's Houston, land of the "almost there" sports teams. You'd think folks would be used to that by now. I don't care what the Texans do, I'm still a fan. They could go 0 -16 and I'd still be watching every game. Of course I'd be here yelling and screaming, but I'd still be a fan.

Whatever. It's the nature of BBS communities to have posters from one end of the spectrum to the other. I don't get upset. Unless, of course, someone points out that I'm wrong, when I'm obviously not because I'm never wrong.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #12
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I admit I saw a dark cloud or two in the sky after that Saints thrashing. That wasn't just a loss though, that was a whipping. I think that's what has people all hot and bothered, preseason or not.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Neg Rep to all of you
Old 08-24-2010   #14
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
18-1 at best .
Agreed...I think we drop to Indy when we visit.
Old 08-24-2010   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Neg Rep to all of you
I guess the sardonic sense of humor was lost on you...
Old 08-24-2010   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I guess the sardonic sense of humor was lost on you...
Nah
Old 08-24-2010   #17
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Gloom & Doom! Despair!

******* it! I'm out!
"Doom dispair...and agony on me. Crippling depression, constant misery. If it weren't for BAD luck I'd have no luck at all. Doom, dispair and agony on me."
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Oh Woe is me!

Well, you have choice a) it's only preseason but damn did we suck in fundamentals and execution or b) our team decided not to try because they were tired.

Either option ticks me off and worries me.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #19
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 67652 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
It's Houston, land of the "almost there" sports teams. You'd think folks would be used to that by now.
This. When a WNBA franchise is the most successful team in town over the last 40 years, you're probably setting your expectations too high.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #20
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Well, you have choice a) it's only preseason but damn did we suck in fundamentals and execution or b) our team decided not to try because they were tired.

Either option ticks me off and worries me.
I hope it's a stratagy and we loose all 4 preseason games, make them think we are weak, then we bust some colt, and Cowboy ass!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read