Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-23-2010   #1
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 3 Texans earn "preseason" All Pro (NBC Sports)

Evan Silva compiled this preseason All Pro list for NBC Sports. Included are:

Quote:

Bernard Pollard, Texans

Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli made quite a few mistakes in his first year on the job, but none was greater than waiving this safety last September. Dynamic in run support and underrated in coverage, Pollard was a difference-making pickup for Houston. He's poised for All-Pro honors in a contract year.
Quote:

Mario Williams, Texans
Williams can be everything Jared Allen is to the AFC. The defensive end just has to stay healthy. The former No. 1 overall pick flashed his insanely disruptive ability by tallying two sacks in just a handful of snaps during Houston's preseason opener. He's got 20-sack upside.
Quote:

Andre Johnson, Texans
Johnson has to make any preseason All-Pro list as the league's receiving yardage leader in back-to-back seasons. He plays in an offense that features the pass, and is the game's most complete receiver. The Texans acknowledged as much by giving Johnson a new seven-year, $62.7 million contract at the start of training camp
It should be reminded that Brian Cushing will not be eligible for postseason honors.
Old 08-23-2010   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 Texans earn "preseason" All Pro (NBC Sports)

I remember one play vs. Saints last weekend.

The camera angle was reverse end zone, and Mario's back is to the camera. He's running up the field, toward the QB, and the blocker punches him (IIRC) in the shoulder pads. Mario slows considerably and isn't even fighting off the blocker.

I sure hope that body holds up. Does anybody else remember seeing that?
Old 08-23-2010   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

The camera angle was reverse end zone, and Mario's back is to the camera. He's running up the field, toward the QB, and the blocker punches him (IIRC) in the shoulder pads. Mario slows considerably and isn't even fighting off the blocker.

Nope! To busy drinking beer and eating peanuts! J/K GP!! ALL OUR boys were boring and would drive anyone to drink on a night like they had Sat. Hopefully, Mario is just protecting himself and not taking unnecessary chances, since this was a preseason game. No reason for him to fight off a blocker when the game means squat. He knows what he's doing. We just gotta have confidense in him. JMO
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Nope! To busy drinking beer and eating peanuts! J/K GP!! ALL OUR boys were boring and would drive anyone to drink on a night like they had Sat. Hopefully, Mario is just protecting himself and not taking unnecessary chances, since this was a preseason game. No reason for him to fight off a blocker when the game means squat. He knows what he's doing. We just gotta have confidense in him. JMO
They really didn't have to push too hard did they Gma?
Old 08-24-2010   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199937 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Do you remember what part of the game?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember a long ball from Chase Daniels to someone named Arrington (spell?) that went right over the top of both Pollard and Wilson. Reminded me that our safeties are liabilites in coverage
Old 08-24-2010   #7
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylin View Post
Football season is coming. Look forward!!!
Enough with the spam already.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2010   #8
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Enough with the spam already.

Thank you mods!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Do you remember what part of the game?
No. I'll try to watch it (ugggh....) and see.
Old 08-24-2010   #10
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams-20 sacks...

Maybe when..

Old 08-24-2010   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I remember a long ball from Chase Daniels to someone named Arrington (spell?) that went right over the top of both Pollard and Wilson. Reminded me that our safeties are liabilites in coverage
To be fair, why was Wilson asked to lock up Arrington in man coverage? That the Saints went 3 WR and the Texans stayed in their base defense was a brain fart on the part of the coaching staff. An easy read for Daniel on that mismatch.
Old 08-24-2010   #12
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

Any NFL All Pro list that leaves off Chris Johnson and Darrell Revis and puts Dez Bryant on it is a BS list.

How on earth do you choose Greene over CJ? I mean, I dont see AP but I cant understand the argument. But Chris Johnson just had one of the 6th best seasons in NFL history and the most electric offensive player in the game.

Revis is a lock down CB.

BS list.
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL View Post
Any NFL All Pro list that leaves off Chris Johnson and Darrell Revis and puts Dez Bryant on it is a BS list.

How on earth do you choose Greene over CJ? I mean, I dont see AP but I cant understand the argument. But Chris Johnson just had one of the 6th best seasons in NFL history and the most electric offensive player in the game.

Revis is a lock down CB.

BS list.
Yeah, and they are looking at Revis maybe missing a significant part of the season. And CJ, while he had a great year last year, will not get as many opportunities this year, plus he had an awful lot of touches last year. Also no 2k back in the history of the NFL has come close the following year.

I know you are a big time Titans fan, but try to open your mind a bit. This is just pure speculation before the season starts on what may happen this year, not what did happen last year.
Old 08-24-2010   #14
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
And CJ, while he had a great year last year, will not get as many opportunities this year, plus he had an awful lot of touches last year. Also no 2k back in the history of the NFL has come close the following year.
True. But, I'm still taking Johnson in my fantasy league if given the chance.
Old 08-24-2010   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
True. But, I'm still taking Johnson in my fantasy league if given the chance.
Over AP?
Old 08-24-2010   #16
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

How is my mind not open? Green? he had 540 yards and 2 TD's last season. NO WAY this guy should be on this list. He may be a very good back, but come on.... No way he gets on an All Pro list ahead of CJ, Rice, MJD even...

Peterson? I really have no problem with him, but he became a fumble machine last year. He has NEVER had a 2000 yard season.

I know CJ wont have another 2000 yard season, it just doesnt happen, but he can knock off 500 yards and still have more yards than anyone else.

If Chris Johnson were a Texan you know you would feel the same why I do and SO WOULD I.

The 2 should have been Peterson and CJ.

Its a BS list.
Old 08-24-2010   #17
THE NFL
Veteran

You bet you take CJ over AP. He is better.

Please dont tell me you think CJ is a flash in the pan running back.

Would you take Andre Johnson over Larry Fitz ?

Of course you would ... well there ya go...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read