Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-23-2010   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Unspoken Messages from Kubiak Presser

Here's our weekly analysis of Kubiak's postgame presser... this one has video:

Texans Bull Blog

You can find the uneditted version here at: http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/
Old 08-23-2010   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Unspoken Messages from Kubiak Presser

The video seems to be a lil wayne song and trindon holliday highlights?

EDIT: ohhh I see, the one called "Kubiak Presser"
Old 08-23-2010   #3
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The video seems to be a lil wayne song and trindon holliday highlights?

EDIT: ohhh I see, the one called "Kubiak Presser"
that's a glitch we're attempting to work out. sorry.
Old 08-23-2010   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't pull up video (sound) on work computer can someone summarize? It should say "we got treated like a junior high team and got pushed all over the field. I saw the same things fans did and we are going to fix them." Nothing else. It was a very disappointing game for me as the players seemed to think they just had to walk on the field and N.O. would give them the game. Well someone gave the game away but it was my team. Positives for me: Foster can run and as of today, I'm not worried about his fumble. Nolan again looked very good which may resolve a weak area for me. Orslovky looked much better. Kareem Jackson did not give up a TD, I think.

BTW, do the Texans have a coach to teach rookies and vets how to tackle?
Old 08-23-2010   #5
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I can't pull up video (sound) on work computer can someone summarize? It should say "we got treated like a junior high team and got pushed all over the field. I saw the same things fans did and we are going to fix them." Nothing else. It was a very disappointing game for me as the players seemed to think they just had to walk on the field and N.O. would give them the game. Well someone gave the game away but it was my team. Positives for me: Foster can run and as of today, I'm not worried about his fumble. Nolan again looked very good which may resolve a weak area for me. Orslovky looked much better. Kareem Jackson did not give up a TD, I think.

BTW, do the Texans have a coach to teach rookies and vets how to tackle?

The video is the Bull Durham shower scene. I thought it was funny. I've never heard Kubiak so hard on the players effort and performance before and it reminded me of that scene. I am working on the transcript of the presser right now...

Among other things, I'll say these things are clear:

1. we are not signing Charles Spencer right now
2. Holliday is likely going to be stashed on IR
Old 08-23-2010   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Just out of curiosity, what happened to actually posting thoughts on the message boards rather than posting links of a members blog?
Old 08-23-2010   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard last night that Spencer would get a try out but that may only be a courtesy. However, he does not have to beat out Brown, just Butler.
Old 08-23-2010   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Just out of curiosity, what happened to actually posting thoughts on the message boards rather than posting links of a members blog?
My thinking is that when you get to a link, you should get yourself prepared for a long piece (you go there when you have time, and it's easier to get back to once you know that it's there; ie. bookmark).

When you get there, you might also be interested in some other pieces and they are readily available.
Again, you can use your bookmark to come back for those pieces if you don't have time at the moment.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree, I do not click on anything that is naked. If the Poster wants an action, he/she should give something in return, such as a taste of the content.
Old 08-23-2010   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I agree, I do not click on anything that is naked. If the Poster wants an action, he/she should give something in return, such as a taste of the content.
It's not just that, it's the fact that they're everyday fans and members of the board. We come to this board to discuss and read everyone else's opinions. Should we have to click a link just to read a member's opinion?
Old 08-23-2010   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not just that, it's the fact that they're everyday fans and members of the board. We come to this board to discuss and read everyone else's opinions. Should we have to click a link just to read a member's opinion?
Everyone's opinions??? Nah, there's some posters that I don't read at all.
Old 08-23-2010   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Everyone's opinions??? Nah, there's some posters that I don't read at all.
True, very true
Old 08-23-2010   #13
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see the big problem with it. I do like having a teaser or synopsis before I go to a link offsite, but for a known and respected member of the board like DM or barrett, I trust they're not gonna put up some BS link or anything, and I usually like reading their thoughts on the happenings of our team, just to get another point of view than mine.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True, very true
You're too soft!!
Old 08-23-2010   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
I don't see the big problem with it. I do like having a teaser or synopsis before I go to a link offsite, but for a known and respected member of the board like DM or barrett, I trust they're not gonna put up some BS link or anything, and I usually like reading their thoughts on the happenings of our team, just to get another point of view than mine.
Sometimes, DM gives a summary or some sort of thing, besides the link.

I don't have any problem with him posting a link either.

Another thing is that he may be a member of another group; and if he has to copy and paste too much, I think it's rather inconvenient.

I disagree with his opinions often, but I would read to get another viewpoint, just like you said.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
You missed my point. Posting links to your own personal blog is defeating the purpose of the message board.

Meh, it's whatev.
Old 08-23-2010   #17
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You missed my point. Posting links to your own personal blog is defeating the purpose of the message board.

Meh, it's whatev.
I suppose I understand the complaint. That being said, for years I have come to the message boards as a primary source to find out information. I love to come to texanstalk and find links on new stories/articles. I certainly don't feel that I am driving traffic away from the site since we are not a message board and I think most of what we post adds to the discussion on here. Also, we have a permanent link to texanstalk.com on our site.
Old 08-23-2010   #18
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I do not click on anything that is naked.
Really?? You have more self control than most men.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #19
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
LOL! that is funny.
Old 08-23-2010   #20
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27501 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I double clicked that sheet
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read