Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2010   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Troubling Schaub postgame quotes

Lack of urgency is what's been associated with our annual slow starts to the season. We get blown out opening day because we didn't come prepared to play and just get manhandled on both sides of the ball. "It's a 16 game season... no reason to panic", well there is when you came one win away from the playoffs. Maybe if we show up for EVERY game we would win enough to make the playoffs?

Anyways, it just bugs me that it seems we are headed for another complacent slow start that results in losses to start the year because we weren't ready to go full blast.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=6300

Quarterback Matt Schaub

(on his thoughts on the game) "I know you'll never tell from the scoreboard, but I felt we moved the ball really well. I was glad to get a lot of reps tonight as we were in there for most of the first half. But the Saints did put a lot of pressure on me and I had to release the ball earlier than I thought. And you saw that one sack."

(on his reaction to the loss) "I don't think we have to panic. We still have two more preseason games to go and I feel we will be ready for the beginning of the season. I know a lot of us here in the locker room feel we could have had more intensity, but I'm not worried. We had a great week of practice. Now all we have to do is make sure we are ready once the real game begins."
Old 08-22-2010   #2
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Troubling Schaub postgame quotes

The LB's keep going down and Cushing is suspended for the game against Manning this is not good.
Old 08-22-2010   #3
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

To tell you the truth, I have no problem with this statement. The only problem with Schaub is that he couldn't get the ball to Andre enough, who had a rare drop on the first 3rd down conversion. Even on the naked bootleg, which always gets the ball downfield, he had to check down to Dreessen. But he did move the ball.

So the problem wasn't at quarterback, it was the defense and the two fumbles that were answered with touchdowns. One source of fumbling will be cut, and the other will learn from his mistakes.

What was truly troubling was the defense.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
To tell you the truth, I have no problem with this statement. The only problem with Schaub is that he couldn't get the ball to Andre enough, who had a rare drop on the first 3rd down conversion. Even on the naked bootleg, which always gets the ball downfield, he had to check down to Dreessen. But he did move the ball.

So the problem wasn't at quarterback, it was the defense and the two fumbles that were answered with touchdowns. One source of fumbling will be cut, and the other will learn from his mistakes.

What was truly troubling was the defense.
Our D was so bad that it actually deflects how really bad the O played.

48 total rushing yards??????.............28 of those by Foster on 6 runs (one of the few encouraging performances)
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #5
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

no reason to hit the panic yet, the O looks fine but the D still has to get the qb and stop the run. that fumbled punt shifted momentum. i wouldn't say troubling. the colts are in town game one. they will be ready.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #6
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense looked like crap but the offense is ok. I don't like how frank bush manage our defense at all and i never liked the hire as there were other candidates available who were much better.
Old 08-22-2010   #7
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

48 total rushing yards??????.............28 of those by Foster on 6 runs (one of the few encouraging performances)
48 rushing yards because the Texans were down by two touchdowns
most of the game. They had to throw A LOT. Our running game will
not steal the show if we're playing from behind all the time (like last year.)
Old 08-22-2010   #8
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Defense looked like crap but the offense is ok. I don't like how frank bush manage our defense at all and i never liked the hire as there were other candidates available who were much better.
Like Gregg Williams?
Old 08-22-2010   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

"We suck again!"

Old 08-22-2010   #10
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's good to know. I thought it was 30. I'll sleep much better tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Bush has built up some goodwill with me, so I'm not ready to throw him under the bus yet. For this game, I will blame the players, or maybe this.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #11
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

They were moving the ball well until drops/fumbles killed their drives. Nothing that happened with the 1st team offense really bothered me this week. Some minor preseason hiccups that should be worked out.

Now the defense is a different story. You can fix poor ball handling techniques but there's not a lot you can do to work around getting bullied and stepped on like a snot nosed little kid.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #12
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 91474 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
"We suck again!"

Remember the time Bobby Boucher showed up at half time and the Texans won the.....

Oh wait that didn't happen....
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #13
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

It doesn't matter how the offense looked or how Schaub performed individually. Schaub is our starting QB and one of the leaders of the team. After a TEAM performance like that he should be disgusted with how the TEAM played. His quotes indicated he was okay with how the game went because things went okay on his part.

He should be upset and ready to light a fire under the team's ass after that performance, not being complacent because he's playing well.
Old 08-23-2010   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Remember the time Bobby Boucher showed up at half time and the Texans won the.....

Oh wait that didn't happen....

Cut his effin head off!
Old 08-23-2010   #15
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

So you would have preferred if Schaub had said "we need to panic?"
Old 08-23-2010   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Its pre season boyz no need to panic
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #17
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm thinking that time of posession might have something to do with that?

I want to hear Pollard do the post-game talk, I'm sure none of that would be too sugarcoated
Old 08-23-2010   #18
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
So you would have preferred if Schaub had said "we need to panic?"
Exactly, what do you expect? "I did my part, the rest of the team needs to really get off their asses and contribute"?
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #19
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

im actually very happy with his quotes.

he isnt making a big deal of it.. he isnt depressed..he isnt worried..

He has no monkey on his back... he just wants to get back to practice and get better.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #20
JMacaroni
On the bubble

Rep Power: 280 JMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respectedJMacaroni is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
"We suck again!"

That's funny. Momentum, buddies. Shizzle, I hope I'm right.
JMacaroni is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read