Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-22-2010   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hit on AJ's knee

Did anyone else see that nasty side hit on AJ's knee when he was planted? Looked pretty bad.

Anyone worried about him?

Did Kubiak say anything?
Old 08-22-2010   #2
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hit on AJ's knee

I hope he's ok, but how is that hit not illegal? If AJ was a QB that would've been a penalty and a big time fine. The DB just went straight for his knees!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hit on AJ's knee

I saw it and it kind of pissed me off, but AJ seemed to shake it off pretty quickly and that was that. I'm not saying anything was intentional, but I didn't care for the technique being as low as it was. I'll bet the knee is sore today though.
Old 08-22-2010   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

It totally freaked me out when I saw it, as it looked even worse thanmany of the same shots that put QBs out of commission.

Larry Fitz kept playing after his injury. Im hoping we dont get a bad surprise come monday
Old 08-22-2010   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, this freaked me out.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ's a big dude, and this is football. The hit didn't upset me one bit.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #7
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
AJ's a big dude, and this is football. The hit didn't upset me one bit.

Upset me a little that Kubiak didn't take him out of the game immediately.

Old 08-22-2010   #8
qman_tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 80 qman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respected

http://culturemap.com/newsdetail/08-...-johnson-plan/
qman_tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #9
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Upset me a little that Kubiak didn't take him out of the game immediately.

Me too! I think the words, "Really Kubiak????" came out of my mouth
Old 08-22-2010   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

It is football and AJ is a fliping beast.
Old 08-22-2010   #11
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman_tx View Post
I don't see the problem.

Most coach's preseason schedule is about the same:

Game 1 starters play a few series (10-15 snaps)
Game 2 starters play most of the first half (20-30 snaps)
Game 3 starters play into the third quarter
Game 4 starters generally play a series or not at all

The Saints had pro bowlers and all pros out there for most of the first half. Maybe Payton needs a lesson in coaching 101. Hell they had Greer (their #1 corner) out there in the 3rd when I stopped watching.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #12
sportfan73
Rookie

Rep Power: 137 sportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respectedsportfan73 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman_tx View Post
silly, our O had barely been on the field up to that point
sportfan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #13
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans' Offense barely got any snaps due to turnovers. You can't go only by time.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #14
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

Goatcheese...
The Texans played the 1st string everything the entire 1st half.

Whats your point? They should have taken it easy on the Texans. I thought they did. The Saints had there 2nd string in there early in the 2nd quarter. They kicked the crap out of the Texans.
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #15
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL View Post
Goatcheese...

Whats your point? They should have taken it easy on the Texans. I thought they did. The Saints had there 2nd string in there early in the 2nd quarter. They kicked the crap out of the Texans.
They pulled Brees early. Most of their starters continued to play.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Goatcheese...

I'm trying to understand your reasons and mentality for posting here so much.

Are you one of those people who loves to talk trash and harass people? Because that's what it feels like.

I just put you on my ignore list because every damn post by you is some junior-high level trash talk that says how bad we are. We aren't THAT bad, but you seem to try and make it so.

I have dealt with enough of your stoopidity and you're gone from my viewing experience. I suggest other people do this as well.
Old 08-22-2010   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Goatcheese...

If I'm not mistaken, sans Drew Brees, the Saints were still playing most of their first string/normal rotation players...

I am not sure, but I specifically remember Bush being in and Chase throwing a pass to Colston...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #18
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

That hit looked really nasty. I was worried that Andre was gonna miss some time.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #19
One Time
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 One Time was voted MVPOne Time was voted MVPOne Time was voted MVPOne Time was voted MVPOne Time was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I don't see the problem.

Most coach's preseason schedule is about the same:

Game 1 starters play a few series (10-15 snaps)
Game 2 starters play most of the first half (20-30 snaps)
Game 3 starters play into the third quarter
Game 4 starters generally play a series or not at all

The Saints had pro bowlers and all pros out there for most of the first half. Maybe Payton needs a lesson in coaching 101. Hell they had Greer (their #1 corner) out there in the 3rd when I stopped watching.
Rubbish. There is no set standard. You also need to realize that it may take one team longer to ge those 20 - 30 snaps. These things don't line up nicely with quarters. It also depends on if the coach wants to see some success or not.

Add that to the fact that the Saints played their 3rd string QB most of the game.
One Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #20
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

Trash Talk? Where is trash talk? Do you even know what Trash Talk is? Really? I may be negative, but I am not trash talking.

Good GP. Put me on ignore. You have no clue what you are talking about.

If you cant handle both sides of the coin then ignore is the place for me.
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read